NCL Cruise Consultant:huge Mistake

roc1847

So what was the result?

BTW I am amazed that anyone would pay for a suite on NCL, or any mass market line, when you can pay less and be on one of the 5 star luxury lines that are all inclusive, and where you get much better service, amenities, and TLC.

:rolleyes: Please excuse me while I laugh. :D:D:D

We sailed the Jewel from NYC to Miami on a 14 night repositioning cruise in early Nov and it was our worst cruise food experience (12 cruises). The food was not good in the main dinning room or the specialty restaurants. Howeve, other areas of the cruise were fair to good. If you are not satisfied with your booking cancel and rebook later. It is still a buyer's market.

We were on the same cruise. Found the food to be good to very good in the main dining room. So much so, that we only went to specialty restaurants twice, all the rest of our meals were in the MDR and/or buffet (once). Food in specialty restaurants was excellent.

Food is a very subjective topic, and one I rarely discuss for that very reason. But figured I'd at least offer a different opinion. :)

AB's do not have use of the courtyard.

I might be REALLY wrong but I don't think that AB suites have access to the courtyard. You really should double-check this in case that was one of the main reasons you booked the AB. It would be a shame to think you can use the courtyard and then find out on embarkation that it's not available to use. Usually it's open only to suites A4 and above (all courtyard suites, owners suites and garden villas).

So what was the result?

BTW I am amazed that anyone would pay for a suite on NCL, or any mass market line, when you can pay less and be on one of the 5 star luxury lines that are all inclusive, and where you get much better service, amenities, and TLC.

"ON" one of the luxury lines, "on" being the operative word. You'd be on the luxury line, but for the price of an NCL suite you'd have an ~inside~ cabin on the luxury line so would still be missing some of the amenities, would not have a view, would not have the spaciousness. An entirely different experience.

Wow, I love these boards.

To the person who said they could not understand why anyone would book a suite on NCL obviously has never cruised in a suite on NCL. The rooms are gorgeous, spacious, and the perks are nice. I myself have never been able to afford a courtyard suite but plan to one day. To me they are

luxurious and the best offered hands down.

Ok update is the same. When I spoke to the supervisor he said the consultant was completely wrong, the only people who use the court yards are the courtyard cabins.

So you all were right. I'm so happy that I listened to my instincts. When I called back to find out my OBC only to find out I didn't have any, made me question the whole reservation and good thing I did.

The supervisor said look, I can offer you the courtyard for more money but less then what it's worth, or cancel the reservations. So I'd be paying more.

What could I expect from him? He's as sorry as I am. He did however tell me that he could not even guarantee that his boss would allow him to offer me the price break but he would call me today and let me know. I have not heard from him yet today. Not even sure I can pay more so I have not made up my mind. I was already paying thousands.

I'm repeating myself I know but I still can't believe that Jessica (NCL consultant) would book under false pretenses like she did. When I called to double check, her attitude was pissy. I asked her about the OBC and she said ummm sorry that promotion is only given to people who book 9 months in advance. She said that as if she never called and said "book now we are offering big bucks' I showed my annoyance and she actually had an attitude and said "well I got YOU an upgrade (still unsure how since I was paying the price for the suite I picked) and did I tell YOU it's a nickelodeon ship? I also got YOU a "coupon book" and access to the private courtyard" as if she went so above and beyond her duties. Grrrrrr so annoyed!

Thanks to all of you, you made me feel like someone actually cared.

Will post when the supervisor calls.

Well zqvol, you have had a few days to do your research... you going to come back an substantiate your ridiculous claim that one can book a luxuory suite for less? Guess your just going to post on your luxuory line...carnival.

Al

would you like to explain to all of us, 1-what the heck your experience with food has to do with the Ops problem and 2-if it was so bad, why are you even interested on reading or posting on these boards? You cruised 3 months ago, have never posted before and now, you just happen to appear out of nowhere: VERY INTERESTING!!!

Nita

" those first time posters coming out of nowhere". :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

We sailed the Jewel from NYC to Miami on a 14 night repositioning cruise in early Nov and it was our worst cruise food experience (12 cruises). The food was not good in the main dinning room or the specialty restaurants. However, other areas of the cruise were fair to good. If you are not satisfied with your booking cancel and rebook later. It is still a buyer's market.

If food is your main reason for booking, you may want to take a second look. I was on the same cruise and they were still doing "trial menus". I'm kind of a fussy eater but I managed to find something to eat every day. (The Tortellini was out of this world) but the menus in general were experimental so I don't know what the final outcome was.

" those first time posters coming out of nowhere". :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Not so much different than those who say they're never sailing NCL again, yet refuse to leave.....

Archived