Cruise Confidential: A Movie?

CruizinMom2c

Well now, this is interesting... and a tad premature. I am indeed working with a screenplay writer in Hollywood represented by Dan Halsted (see link below). This week in mid Feb he is meeting with several folks with first-look deals with companies such as Fox and Dreamworks, the latter with a possibility of a TV series. It is very, very early to even guess what will happen, but rest assured that when I know, you will, too.

The only thing I can say for sure is that that the screenplay writer assured me I will not be portrayed as Stifler just to make a quick buck. Thank Cat for that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Halsted

Great read, I finished it in 2 days :) I was SO glad you got out of the food service department :eek:

He responded elsewhere on CC that the second book will give more details about "Bianca" as well as his experience as the Art Auctioneer/Dealer (I forget which one he became) on Majesty of the Seas and another Carnival ship.

I've been reading his blog and keeping up on Facebook because I am anxiously anticipating another chapter of his life.

He responded elsewhere on CC that the second book will give more details about "Bianca" as well as his experience as the Art Auctioneer/Dealer (I forget which one he became) on Majesty of the Seas and another Carnival ship.

I've been reading his blog and keeping up on Facebook because I am anxiously anticipating another chapter of his life.

You are quite right. I spent another couple awesome years at sea as an art auctioneer. There is much to say about that line of work, as well as the strange people who do it. The next book features Majesty of the Seas and Carnival Ecstasy in that capacity, with a nice return to Conquest, as well.

And Bianca? Oh, there is oh so much more to tell about that. Worthy of a trilogy, she is.

Brian,

I loved your book. I just finished a cruise and sure enough I had a different perception as I watched the crew interact with each other. I became more interested in their personal stories. A few shared stories of life at sea. I cannot wait for a sequel !

• 1 month later...
Well now, this is interesting... and a tad premature. I am indeed working with a screenplay writer in Hollywood represented by Dan Halsted (see link below). This week in mid Feb he is meeting with several folks with first-look deals with companies such as Fox and Dreamworks, the latter with a possibility of a TV series. It is very, very early to even guess what will happen, but rest assured that when I know, you will, too.

The only thing I can say for sure is that that the screenplay writer assured me I will not be portrayed as Stifler just to make a quick buck. Thank Cat for that.

Yeah, well, just hope and pray that if it does go the sitcom route they don't do to it like they did Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. Yikes.

You are quite right. I spent another couple awesome years at sea as an art auctioneer. There is much to say about that line of work, as well as the strange people who do it. The next book features Majesty of the Seas and Carnival Ecstasy in that capacity, with a nice return to Conquest, as well.

And Bianca? Oh, there is oh so much more to tell about that. Worthy of a trilogy, she is.

Thanks for the update!! and waiting for more :D

Yeah, well, just hope and pray that if it does go the sitcom route they don't do to it like they did Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. Yikes.

But what an opportunity to get some premier product placement and advertisement!

*Camera fades in at the gangway*

"Welcome aboard, Mr & Mrs Smith! What did you do today?"

"OH we just went to Diamonds International and ended up buying some beautiful jewelry with our Carnival SeaMiles MasterCard! Now we're off to play some bingo while junior heads up to the seaside theater to catch a movie on the giant LCD screen with 70,000 watt stereo system!"

Loved the book and would LOVE to see a movie/TV series made based on it. Sort of like the uninhibited 21th century version of the Love Boat.

Archived