Flight from Quebec City to California

I have a couple of questions. What time would be the earliest flight I should book when we get off the ship in Quebec City? We will be on the Crown Princess in September. Also should we book the transfers with Princess or are taxis plentiful -- does anyone know the cost difference?

And finally -- Is there an easier way to fly home, than flying back to NY and then flying to California? Why does one have to go back to go forward?

Thanks for your help.

I have a couple of questions. What time would be the earliest flight I should book when we get off the ship in Quebec City? We will be on the Crown Princess in September. Also should we book the transfers with Princess or are taxis plentiful -- does anyone know the cost difference?

And finally -- Is there an easier way to fly home, than flying back to NY and then flying to California? Why does one have to go back to go forward?

Thanks for your help.

You are not flying back. You would be going south, then west. Any flight to Boston or New York and then direct to CA would be your most direct route. A second choice would be Quebec to Toronto then direct to CA but Toronto Pearson airport is notorious for US bound transfers. You have to clear US customs and immigration in Toronto. We avoid it whenever possible flying from Vancouver to Maine. I'm not from Quebec City so can't advise on taxis when 3000 passenges disembark at once.

Thanks for your help.

http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=yqb-jfk-lax&MS=wls&DU=mi

Umm, it's not back, New York is further WEST than Quebec City.

You should also be able to fly it via YYZ/Toronto

Thanks for your help.

The airport isn't that close to the port, but it shouldn't take more than 200-30 minutes by taxi. In your favour is the fact it is a small, easily managed airport, and there's no customs pre-clearance, which would take extra time.

As already said, flying to NYC for California isn't 'going back'. You essentially have 5 routing options from YQB, all of which are generally south-west of Quebec City: Montreal with Air Canada, Toronto with AC and Westjet, Newark with Continental, Detroit with Delta and Chicago with United. Personally, I think the 1:40 pm Continental flight would be good timing-wise.

Archived