steakhouse ???'s

Randy & Robin

When I went recently there was no where near a full house, but they do need advance reservations because some of the food takes a while to prepare in advance.

It's really a special experience, in terms of service, ambience, and in quality and selection of food.

The meals in the MDR are pretty good, any day of the week, but they cannot compare to the steakhouse. At least, if you like upscale cuisine!

On the other hand, if you don't really care for the finest cuisine, there is really no reason to pay $30 a person when there is perfectly delicious and totally free food waiting for you in the other restaurant.

Still, I think it is an experience people should try, at least once. The $60 + tip per couple is not going to kill you. Go for it!

My husband just took me out last night to the melting pot for a five course meal that cost $185 including tip. Our meal was wonderfu, but looking back and comparing to the supper club on the Ledgend for $30 each (includes tip), you can not beat the supper clubs. I highly recommended you do it once if you can. You will never get a dining experience like that again that cheap!

Just off the Splendor and we ate at the Steakhouse and it was wonderful, worth every penny. It IMHO is worth the experience to eat there just once and experience it. You are seated at your own table, no one bugging you, it's a relaxed atmosphere. I've never seen a lobster tail so big as the one they brought to the table for your choosing. I ended up getting the surf and turf (1/2 lobster tail and file' Mignon). The meat was so tender, you could cut it with a fork. It was good....

The $30 is the surcharge for the restaurant. We have always added the tip onto that. The service cannot be beat - everyone is very accomodating and the food is fabulous. On the Spendor the steakhouse is upstairs above the Lido buffet. Try to book a table by the windows. You'll enjoy the Splendor - it's a nice ship. Have lots of fun.

There is a nominal fee of $30 per guest. The fee includes an appetizer, entrée, dessert and the wait staffs’ gratuity; additional gratuities are optional and may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account, at the guest's discretion. The fee does not include any beverage that is normally ordered through the bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water. The $30 fee also applies to children.

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

WE just got back from the Legend, and had an evening in the steakhouse. It was empty and they attempted to seat ius at "a very lovely table" by the stairs and water cart. I told her I would prefer"a very lovely table" away from the stairs and water cart. They gave us another table. There were 4 of us. They were very attentive. The food was very good, except for what I ordered. The chocolate dessert was wonderful. OK, what did I order? The Lobster tail. My friends ordered the surf and turf. Surf and turf is Maine lobster...the lobster tail is Bahamian lobster. It's not as sweet a meat as the Maine lobster. My husband ordered the 24 ounce porterhouse. Once again, if you go to a steak house, order steak. My mama taought me that but when I see the word Lobster, I just lose it. Eat steak. We added a tip, because. Because we enjoyed the meal, the ambiance, the service,and it was very nice to not be rushed while eating.

So, does the $30 include tip or no? I understand it does not include drinks, but I keep getting different answers about the tip... :confused:

It includes the tip= but we tip more depending on the service. If my servers go above and beyond my expectations we will tip about 15.00 more to make it an even 75.00 for the steakhouse

There menu is similar to any high end steakhouse like Mortens, or Ruths Chris. Only 1 item, not like the MDR where you can get mutiple apps and entrees, but there is way too much food anyway. We always go at least once, I think we will go 2 or 3 times on our 2/28/2010 Valor cruise. A great meal and a reason we will only book the newer ships with steakhouses. Been on the Miracle, Valor and Freedom.

So, does the $30 include tip or no? I understand it does not include drinks, but I keep getting different answers about the tip... :confused:

The $30. pp DOES include the tip. Yes the service is good, but no better than upscale restaurants we use at home. If ever I experience outstanding service I will add to the tip. That has yet to be the case. Service is excellent, but the tip is in the $30.

There menu is similar to any high end steakhouse like Mortens, or Ruths Chris. Only 1 item, not like the MDR where you can get mutiple apps and entrees, but there is way too much food anyway. We always go at least once, I think we will go 2 or 3 times on our 2/28/2010 Valor cruise. A great meal and a reason we will only book the newer ships with steakhouses. Been on the Miracle, Valor and Freedom.

Portions in the dining room are small compared to the steakhouse. No need for seconds as this is too much food.

I wish they could give me two appetizers as I have a hard time deciding between the crab cakes and the onion soup.

Portions in the dining room are small compared to the steakhouse. No need for seconds as this is too much food.

I wish they could give me two appetizers as I have a hard time deciding between the crab cakes and the onion soup.

Just got of the Splendor and we had several options to choose from on the menu. I too have a hard time choosing between the soup and the crab cakes, I ordered both no problem. I however had the Lobster bisque and crab cake, both were wonderful! This was my first time to the steakhouse and didn't know what to expect. It was the best dinner of the cruise and well worth the $30, especially if you chose the portherhouse, which was 24 ounces. I don't think I have ever seen a steak that large!

We have eaten in the supperclub/steak house at least 4 times and all 4 times I was told nope-- only one. I know it depends on the server etc because people here have said they could get more then one appetizer.

I will see again in a few short weeks.

Honey always gets that 24 oz porter house--its amazing isnt it?

During our 2009 Christmas cruise we were lucky enough to dine in the steakhouse four different times.

There were nights when we only ordered a main course, but there was also the night when both my husband and I ordered two different appetizers, soup, salad, main course, with potato and vegetable and dessert. The staff did not limit us to just one of each item.

I thought it was worth it. We just got off the Splendor on our very first cruise and enjoyed the steakhouse. Very much worth the $30pp. Dress is elegant on elegant nights and I would suggest upscale dress on cruise casual. They said no jeans but I wore very nice jeans (you know, those stupid trendy ones!), dress shoes and a button down shirt. Wife wore an evening dress.

The appetizers were better than the main dish!!! Every appetizer was perfect! Service was amazing! Steak was good. Not quite Morton's or Mastros, but very good. Not much in selection for desert but the ones we ordered were quite amazing.

We would definitely try again on future cruises.

I am cruising on the Liberty March 6th and have tried twice to request a reservation to the steakhouse through the Carnival website, but I have not received back any confirmation. Do you usually get a confirmation quickly or closer to your trip?

I can't wait, everything sounds so yummy from reading all the posts on here.

I am cruising on the Liberty March 6th and have tried twice to request a reservation to the steakhouse through the Carnival website, but I have not received back any confirmation. Do you usually get a confirmation quickly or closer to your trip?

I can't wait, everything sounds so yummy from reading all the posts on here.

I got my confirmation as soon as I booked it. But will check the cabin to see if a confirmation is there also.

I read another post somewhere here where folks never received a confirmation and were fine when they got the ship, others were extremely delayed and got their confirmation 1 month before the cruise (when they had booked it online months prior) others got confirmations right away.

I mad reservations for my cruise april 10, I am not going to worry about it until I get on the ship, sure they will get us in one way or another.

When I went on the Freedom in April 2009, they always had availability.

We have eaten in the supperclub/steak house at least 4 times and all 4 times I was told nope-- only one. I know it depends on the server etc because people here have said they could get more then one appetizer.

I will see again in a few short weeks.

Honey always gets that 24 oz porter house--its amazing isnt it?

I was told by John Heald that you can order a soup and an appetizer, even though they are grouped together under the heading of starters.

Here is the sample menu

Is the MDR menu for the entire week available right away, or is it only known on a daily basis? We'd like to eat in the steakhouse at least once during our cruise, but I would rather do it on a night where the menu in the MDR is lacking. From what folks are saying here, the steakhouse is rarely (sorry, bad pun) full, so I could scout out the MDR menu in the morning and make my reservation then.

Is the MDR menu for the entire week available right away, or is it only known on a daily basis? We'd like to eat in the steakhouse at least once during our cruise, but I would rather do it on a night where the menu in the MDR is lacking. From what folks are saying here, the steakhouse is rarely (sorry, bad pun) full, so I could scout out the MDR menu in the morning and make my reservation then.

Yes - but they aren't out on display anywhere I have seen. You can ask your server on the first night or check with the maitre'D on embarkation day.

Archived