The Legend is "Broken"

albycruisin

Quick update.....................We boarded at noon, took an hour to get through all the lines. Parking is a problem and very congested so plan accoardingly. Ship seems fine (crusin at 18kts) and we left at 4:20pm, close to on schedule. Currently enroute to Grand Cayman and are on the Northwest corner of Cuba. Winds are blowing at 50kts, ships rocking and its raining. Hopefully is will get sunny later on. We will update later on if anything changes but Internet is Expensive. ;-)

Thanks for the updates as you will be the one to confirm how back to normal things really are now - ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

We were on the Legend the sailing of Feb 14th. We did not board the ship till 6:00 and the ship left at 10:00. My problem was that they did not notify anyone about the problem so thousands of people including several brides (valentines day) were there waiting for hours. Why didn't they send an email to people to tell them so we weren't waiting for hours.

They said that they had only one engine and that the problem was not the speed but the manuevering. That is why they couldn't get into certain ports like Belize. After it was fixed they stopped there last where they originally said 2 sea days but that is only if they didn't get it fixed. I booked many of my excursions myself, so I spent my first day at sea on the computer trying to contact my guides. Luckily I had no problem switching the days.

I feel that Carnival did a good job otherwise with the problem they had. I do feel that they could have given us some compensation though. Some people were very upset about missing some ports.

I'm not on 'her' for 3+ months but I can only assume they'll do anything they can to get it fixed quickly... I'm sure they're not interested in losing a single fare let alone several thousand... or well into the millions.

chadic , are you sailing on the 24th of april ?

Quick update.....................We boarded at noon, took an hour to get through all the lines. Parking is a problem and very congested so plan accoardingly. Ship seems fine (crusin at 18kts) and we left at 4:20pm, close to on schedule. Currently enroute to Grand Cayman and are on the Northwest corner of Cuba. Winds are blowing at 50kts, ships rocking and its raining. Hopefully is will get sunny later on. We will update later on if anything changes but Internet is Expensive. ;-)

Presuming you're back and just wondering how Legend did (speed wise) and how you enjoyed your cruise?

Well we are finally back in town. Everything time wise was fine and the ship ran on schedule. Food was good and was plentiful everywhere on the boat.

The first port of Grand Cayman we got to but they didnt let anyone off the boat because they said the sea swells were to dangerous for the tenders. We could see the surf through our binoculars and it was really breaking on the beaches. We meet another couple on the boat and they told us thay only made Grand Cayman 1 time out of 7 cruises so I guess it happens quite a bit. Our prepaid excursion was refunded to our sail card which was fine for us. The ride to Grand Caymans was rough and the winds at times were 50kts.

Next we went to Cozumel. Me and my wife just walked around town but didnt leave the port area. This was the best place for buying T-Shirts on the whole cruise so dont be like us and wait till Roatan.

The next stop was Belieze. Me and my wife did the snorkeling adventure. Followed by the hour island break. Then we got back to the ship and changed and tendered back into town to eat conch fritters at the Wet Lizzard. I would strongly advise "NOT" to eat or drink anything on Belieze. We were not that smart and between the rum punch they had on the boat (after snorkeling) and the conch fritters in town, me and the wife were both very sick the next day. I had it worse than my wife and threw up 5 times in 4 hours. We also both had it coming out our bottoms too. Finally went to the ships nurse and got some meds for both ends and were quarantined for 24 hours in our room to make sure it stopped and wasnt contagious. All this fortunately happened about the time we were sailing out of Roatan the next day. FWIW they have "FREE" motion sickness pills in a dispenser on the wall down by the nurses station on deck 1 forward.

Roatan or Mahogany Bay which is Carnivals port is beautiful. Other than that you can keep the rest of the Island. We did the semi sub tour but you go through all parts of town and it "VERY" dirty with garbage and filth all over. The West end village is also a dive and I wouldnt waist my time with that either. Do yourself good and just stay at the nice beach at Mahogany Bay.

The ride back from Roatan was VERY rough. 55+ kts the whole way back and the ship was really rocking. There were people all over getting sick from motion issues. The whole cruise was cold, wet and rough with the exception of about 2 days total. I am still sick to the stomach and hope I dont throw up anymore but time will tell.

I hope all your trips turn out better than ours.

Archived