The Legend is "Broken"

albycruisin

I got a call last night from a friend of mine who is on the Legend now saying that the ship was broken. They are being told there is some kind of engine problem that does not allow them to travel at faster than 15 knots and at that speed it will take them a long time to get home. Probably around 4 or 5 pm.

Thanks for the heads up. We are in a hotel right outside of Tampa getting ready to leave for the port in a couple of hours. I just called and talked to Carnival. They are advising passengers that are leaving today to embark between 6:30 and 8:30 pm. I guess the first meal in the MDR is out tonight. Oh well, no problem mon. I hope the repairs can be made. The Carnival rep I talked to said we would just cruise at a faster speed and the rest of the schedule should be ok. That is if the repair can be made.

I'm not on 'her' for 3+ months but I can only assume they'll do anything they can to get it fixed quickly... I'm sure they're not interested in losing a single fare let alone several thousand... or well into the millions.

If they aren't expecting to get in until close to 4 or 5, how are they going to repair the ship in an hour to head back out around 6? I hope they get it fixed correctly and quickly. We will be on it in 21 days and would hate to broke down in the middle of the Gulf.

I got a call last night from a friend of mine who is on the Legend now saying that the ship was broken. They are being told there is some kind of engine problem that does not allow them to travel at faster than 15 knots and at that speed it will take them a long time to get home. Probably around 4 or 5 pm.

I hope those who are getting on today bring their coats as it is going to be cold where they are going this week now. Nassau and Freeport.I can't beleive another problem with another ship.I wonder if they will attempt a fix today.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up. We are in a hotel right outside of Tampa getting ready to leave for the port in a couple of hours. I just called and talked to Carnival. They are advising passengers that are leaving today to embark between 6:30 and 8:30 pm. I guess the first meal in the MDR is out tonight. Oh well, no problem mon. I hope the repairs can be made. The Carnival rep I talked to said we would just cruise at a faster speed and the rest of the schedule should be ok. That is if the repair can be made.

Don't believe that for a minute.That is what they are saying so no one cancels or they don't have to let anyone cancel.

I think it will go like this.They will have an engineer brought on so they can state that,then they have made a temporary fix (so they can that state that too) and a few hours into the cruise they will notify you that you are going to Freport and Nassua.

That seem to be their MO now.

Steve

I seriously doubt they'll be going to "Freort or Nassua" LOL, as that's a lot further from Tampa than some of the other ports. Maybe,,,if they're lucky they'll get to go to Key West.

"SKY"

They need to hit a foreign port and I don't know any others closer than the Bahamas I think.:confused:

Steve

Don't believe that for a minute.That is what they are saying so no one cancels or they don't have to let anyone cancel.

Agreed, as per their contract, anyone can cancel for X period of time AFTER they announce an itinerary change.

Based on the mob scenes you read on here, up to and including threat of mutiny, that alone would be cause to cancel.

If it weren't for that, I would go as planned.

But post cruise reading is ALWAYS quite interesting.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for all involved that they fix the problem.

that distance is "air" miles, the legend is a seagoing vessel

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/distanceresult.html%3Fp1=410&p2=173

Thank you. I started thinking a few minutes ago that just driving from here to Miami is 275 miles. Then factor in having to sail down past Key West then head east through the Florida Straits and then north east to Nassau.

Archived