The Legend is "Broken"

albycruisin

Wow. I just got off the Destiny yesterday with her "propulsion" problems and she is now in dry docks. Hard to believe it is happening to another Carnival ship. Good luck to you passengers. We had our itinerary changed with less than two weeks before traveling and I was not impressed with the change but it was too much hassle to reschedule trip.

hey everyone, currently waiting in the terminal to board. Was just handed a letter from carnival stating that they were having engine problems and if we can't leave before 10 tonight they will be changing our itinerary to: mon day at sea, tues cozumel, wed costa maya, thursm roatan, fri day at sea, sat day at sea. For this we get a whopping $20 obc & a glass of champagne. Dinner tonight is open dining. No opinions as I am typing on a palm pre and don't have the energy for everything I want to say.

hey everyone, currently waiting in the terminal to board. Was just handed a letter from carnival stating that they were having engine problems and if we can't leave before 10 tonight they will be changing our itinerary to: mon day at sea, tues cozumel, wed costa maya, thursm roatan, fri day at sea, sat day at sea. For this we get a whopping $20 obc & a glass of champagne. Dinner tonight is open dining. No opinions as I am typing on a palm pre and don't have the energy for everything I want to say.

You could cancel and get a full refund, right?

The question that comes to mind is, when a ship docks normally, they ask you to be out of your room by 8:30-9:00 so that the stewards/stewardesses can turn the room around. How is this going to work with the Legend to be able to get the next set of guests onboard to finished rooms? I have visions of folks sleeping on deck because rooms aren't ready yet!! :eek:

Better than not sailing at all however the engine problem must still remain as why would they need 2 full sea days from Roatan....

I knew something was going on. We are booked on Legend in July (I know, long way off) and wanted to see her today and have lunch at Channelside (we live in the Tampa area). We got there at 12:15 and no ship. All the resturaunts were packed and people everywhere. I figured you guys would know what was going on. I love this board. Thanks.

The question that comes to mind is, when a ship docks normally, they ask you to be out of your room by 8:30-9:00 so that the stewards/stewardesses can turn the room around. How is this going to work with the Legend to be able to get the next set of guests onboard to finished rooms? I have visions of folks sleeping on deck because rooms aren't ready yet!! :eek:

I can speak to how this was handled on our Inspiration cruise last December. The cruise before ours, was delayed. Didn't dock until about 4PM and we were able to board at about 7PM. Our cabin was ready when we boarded.

And we were delayed on the return by fog. Supposed to dock by 7AM and didn't dock until 3PM. They made an announcement around 12:30PM that everyone had to be out of their cabins by 1:30PM. I don't think they boarded the next cruise until about 6PM. So plenty of time for them to get the rooms ready. It can be done.

I can speak to how this was handled on our Inspiration cruise last December. The cruise before ours, was delayed. Didn't dock until about 4PM and we were able to board at about 7PM. Our cabin was ready when we boarded.

And we were delayed on the return by fog. Supposed to dock by 7AM and didn't dock until 3PM. They made an announcement around 12:30PM that everyone had to be out of their cabins by 1:30PM. I don't think they boarded the next cruise until about 6PM. So plenty of time for them to get the rooms ready. It can be done.

Ah, makes sense! Thanks for the info.

When in July?

July 25th, a very pricey week, but due to scheduling with family members, the only week that would fit everyone's schedule. You booked in July as well? I have not been on this ship. Was on Freedom in Nov. Really like d that cruise.

Steve...This would be correct for Coz because it is all ater between Coz and Tampa. The site you are using though is showing the trip to the Bahamas as going straight across Florida....What we need is to find a ship doing the Bahamas to Tampa sail on this system above but no ships sial that route out of Tampa....;)

So I was 2/3rds correct?:D

Tampa to Coz and Tampa to Key west.

Key west to Nassau is not a straight shot.I understand now.

Steve

Looks like they're dropping Grand Cayman and Belize from the itinerary on this cruise and adding a stop in the Yucatan. Three stops instead of the usual four on this itinerary.

I would be willing to bet they do not due the new itinerary. If they can fix the ship tonight,there is no need to change the itinerary.

I also bet they will mess up one of the next two cruises also.Its their MO.

Steve

I would be willing to bet they do not due the new itinerary. If they can fix the ship tonight,there is no need to change the itinerary.

I also bet they will mess up one of the next two cruises also.Its their MO.

Steve

From someone that knows nothing about propulsion or its problems, is a propulsion problem something that can be fixed in a few hours?

So I was 2/3rds correct?:D

Tampa to Coz and Tampa to Key west.

Key west to Nassau is not a straight shot.I understand now.

Steve

Steve,

Next time you are near the marina, go on my boat and plot it.You know where the key is.The program is called Maptech and it will give you a print out of everything.

We are on this ship next Sunday. We already had to cancel one cruise due to the H1N1 flu last November. This is supposed to be our make-up cruise. We bought insurance of course but we have all of our dive gear and cruise clothes already waiting for us in Tampa!!! I sure hope the problem gets fixed ASAP!!!

From someone that knows nothing about propulsion or its problems, is a propulsion problem something that can be fixed in a few hours?

Depends on what's wrong. It's the same thing when your flight is delayed due to a mechanical problem. The length of the delay depends on the severity of the problem. Sometimes it's as simple as a circuit breaker reset (Control-Alt-Delete, if you will) and other's it requires new parts, etc.

Fantastic! Just booked the Legend for Spring Break cruise in 5 weeks. This is making a little nervous. We have cruised before but only on Disney (4) and Princess (1). Looks like Disney had some issued this weekend too. We always purchase trip insurance but have no idea how it really works. We usually drive 10 hours to the port.

I sure hope the Legend gets fixed!

Mindi

Mindi, are you going on the 3/21 sailing? If so, please join us on our roll call. We would love to have you.

Linda

My customer just called me, he is on the Legend. It has been fixed. They should be cruising before 10pm, so will be able to go to all the ports as scheduled, Dining tonight is open seating.

Diane in Music City

Man....looking at what happened with the Destiny, I hope they are not just saying that it is fixed.....:eek:

Archived