Freedom Class Family OV Stateroom???

luvbrady

We are considering a family ocean view stateroom on deck 6, but are a little worried about being so far up front on the ship. Anyone have any experience? Daughter and hubby are both prone to mild motion sickness- generally only on the first night. Will we be rockin' and rollin' or smooth sailing?

THANKS

No one can predict what the seas will be like....if you have smooth seas, you'll be fine. If it's rough, the front of the ship does bear the brunt of it....of course, you won't be in your room 24/7, so all's good! You'll be fine! Enjoy!

We were just in 8002 on the Jewel. Yes, it was rocky but we decided that was the price we had to pay for the great room. I'm prone to motion sickness so took Bonine every night and wasn't sick at all. The kids wore the bracelets after the first rough night. You will also notice that it is loud when you arrive in port but it saved having to get wake up calls.

We were on Deck 6 on FOS, the third balcony from front--very close to the family oceanviews. You will definitely feel the motion of the ship more up front, but it wasn't unbearable. However, I will probably stick to mid-ship in the future! Have you checked the price of adjoining E1's more mid-ship. Many times it can be the same $$ or slightly more expensive than the Family OV, but well worth it because you have the bonus of two bathrooms & balconies.

We've just got off Freedom and had a Family Promenade 7307 - it was fab compared to the Family Oceanview we had on Explorer 8200 last year. In my opinion you felt nothing of the movement as you weren't right at the front and as it was a promenade it didn't feel like an inside cabin and you had a bigger bathroom and a bath not just a shower yipeeeeeeeeeeee! For me this was a godsend with younger children!:D

• 9 months later...
We've just got off Freedom and had a Family Promenade 7307 - it was fab compared to the Family Oceanview we had on Explorer 8200 last year. In my opinion you felt nothing of the movement as you weren't right at the front and as it was a promenade it didn't feel like an inside cabin and you had a bigger bathroom and a bath not just a shower yipeeeeeeeeeeee! For me this was a godsend with younger children!:D

Mrspjotter, do you have any pictures of the cabin? Where was the door to the room with the bunkbeds? Was the view obstructed because it is right above Ben and Jerry's Sweet?

Archived