Deluxe Verandah Suites

sissyb

What are the suites like that are in the back of the ship. I am looking at the Neiuw Amsterdam rooms SB7132 and SB7137. I am worried about getting sea sick booking a room in the back instead of the middle of the ship.

If an aft suite is available aboard any ship I book, I will take it in a heartbeat. I've done aft suites aboard the NCL Sun and NCL Spirit, the Owners suite on the Tahitian Princess which is aft, the Zuiderdam corner suite, 7151 and the same suite on the Westerdam. The views are incredible, the breeze hardly a factor, minimal vibration, and I haven't noticed any more or less movement aft than any other part of the ship. The balconies are simply huge. I had three lounges, a table for four with outdoor wicker dining chairs, two stuffed wicker chairs and several small tables. The cabin was plenty big enough for two of us with a huge amount of storage. I'm booked on a ten day Panama Canal cruise next month again on the Zuiderdam and guess what, I booked 7151 again. Try it, you'll like it!;)

We're among the small minority (it seems) that much prefer a mid-ship cabin. We were aft in suite with very large veranda on another cruise line and will never sail in a stern cabin again.

We minded the thrusters every morning when the ship docked. We didn't love just a wake view and prefer a port or starboard view.

Just our opinion.

What are the suites like that are in the back of the ship. I am looking at the Neiuw Amsterdam rooms SB7132 and SB7137. I am worried about getting sea sick booking a room in the back instead of the middle of the ship.

We had an aft stateroom on Princess, which we liked quite a bit, but it is not a deal breaker or maker for us. Loved the wake and the swish-swish. I would guess that some aft suites on HAL have jumbo balconies, but they also are quite a walk from the Neptune Lounge, which is one of the primary perks in the category you mentioned.

We enjoy this location on a ship very much. One of things we have found so special about a "wakeview " stateroom is how very peaceful and quiet it is .at the stern.

Thankfully mobility is not an issue for either of us.. even so the nearest elevator is not very far away.

Vibration, or excessive motion we found to be no different from any other area of the ship.

The view ... ah the view :) The 180 degree vista affords you both starboard and port scenery (granted a little after everyone else;)) The sunsets and sunrises enhanced by a frothing wake makes me smile just thinking about it.

If you do decide upon a cabin in this location I wish all the joy this choice has brought to us.

H:)ppy Sailings

Here's my thoughts, we have been in an aft suite and found the suite to be appreciably smaller then the mid ship suites but you do get a very large veranda. Not as private as the mid ship suites balconies but dueable. If you think you will have any problem with sea sickness best have a mid ship cabin. You will have more vibration in those aft cabins.

I'll just put my point of view re the Eurodam's aft cabins..

The noise from the rear of the ship was loud to say the least and the privacy issue from above to the aft cabins was of concern for me.

I did prefer where we were in the middle section near the Neptune but as I said just my point of view.

If the file was not so large I would put a small video clip of what I am saying here.

Hope this helps.

ciao,

Cristiano.

After reading all the pros and cons of the aft suite I changed back to our favorite mid ship suite. I liked the bigger deck, Cheryl who arranged our M&G had it in her aft suite but I did notice that the suite was not as large as ours. And as for being seasick, yes I am prone to that so the decision to call our TA and change was very easy. Now if I could make the months go faster.:D

We have booked an aft deluxe on the Eurodam and there will be three of us in the suite. This will be the first aft corner suite we have had. Previously we were either on the port or starboard side, but I don't remember which. My concern is I've heard these are smaller than the others and I don't want to be crowded. Granted the third person will be on the sleeper sofa. I'm trying to decide whether to give up our assigned suite and change it to a guarantee. What do ya'll think?

Archived