Ideas on jerks blocking the stairs?

kay1864

Wait, I'm confused... just how is the OP supposed to get a cat onboard to fling at the kids??

You put it in a rumrunner then wrap it in a towel. Poke an airhole though and give kitty a straw to breathe through while wrapped in the towel.

Why do I have to have seen this on Carnival myself? I clearly said I read several posts about it. A few on this very thread. Having actually witnessed it myself is irrelevant to my initial question.

I have read that aliens take you in your sleep and poke instruments in you. Any clever ideas to deal with it?

Do you think the local shelter will give me a kitty if I tell them I want to keep it a kitten for life? Kittens are so much more portable than big fat kitties.

Some shelters have a "bottomless kitty" program, much like a tire warranty.

How it works is when your kitty gets bigger, you take it back to get a fresh kitty. They pro-rate the remaining value of the old cat's remaining lives, and give you that credit for a new ball of fluff.

Depending on the cat futures market, you may not get much value for your old cat. In this case, I recommend going to a Chinese restaurant to see if they'd give you $0.50 on the dollar.

How it works is when your kitty gets bigger, you take it back to get a fresh kitty. They pro-rate the remaining value of the old cat's remaining lives, and give you that credit for a new ball of fluff.
Better yet, take it back to Costco. Full credit, even without a receipt! :)

Fwiw to the OP, most of us truly think that you are concernng yourself with an event that either has not happened to most of us, or rarely for others. Are there going to be rude people on board? You bet your arse there will be rude people on board! You just might be surprised by who the rude people turn out to be! On our last cruise it wound up being a group of clicky honeymooners who thought their cruise fare was more important than others - we just avoided them and had an freakin' blast with the peeps we met on board!

I'm not traumatized if I realize that 1 or 2 people snuck in line ahead of me (although I can't remember it even happening so it is a moot point!). I only take the stairs and although I haven't had my stairs blocked that I can remember, clearly a few people have encountered this - either way it is not a situation that calls for stepping on people. Just walk on through and they will move. Or fart, or yell, or throw a pussy cat, or, or, just maintain ytour composure as a respectable adult. Teenagers are still minors and don't necessarily have themselves figured out quite yet - give them a break.

That was sort of already suggested, but some tried to say that

people can not fart on command..

........little do they know, some guys thrive on it..maybe some women too

My daughters can BOTH fart on command :o My husband is so proud :eek: However, based on this thread it may come in handy for those pesky stair situations :D

Are you g'ma reincarnated?:)
Ooooh, I remember G'ma and I only come on these boards a few times a year!

Ok I'm gonna play devils advocate. How bout those people that are in line, but blocking passages so no one can get through? Around noonish in the buffet area this is a common problem.

So am I hearing right Kay that if you and your family are standing in line waiting for a certain specialty and you happen to be blocking my way and I say excuse me, once normal, once louder and you do not respond so I push my way through, then I'm likely to get tomato juice down my shirt for having the audacity to NOT try to cut in line, but simply walk through an area that should not be blocked It IS all about you huh?

Wow I think I'd be much happy cruising with Mr Pete, who sounds like he would accept that Bloody Mary as a peace offering and allow me to pass.

To think the only thing I worry about before my cruise is if we are going to make it to the port without difficulty:rolleyes:

My advice to all my fellow cruisers? Beware of mean looking Kamikazes in the buffet line armed with tomato juice!!!!!:p;)

:p

My best friend is very well endowed (by God not medical wonders) and her best party trick is a extremly loud burp while crushing a beer can between her "girls" bet that would make a few mouths drop :D

:p

My best friend is very well endowed (by God not medical wonders) and her best party trick is a extremly loud burp while crushing a beer can between her "girls" bet that would make a few mouths drop :D

I can almost guarantee the teens would love that:D

Do point out where I used those words. Quote tags welcome.

I'll wait.

My own inclination is to say "Excuse me" twice (the second time a little louder in case the noise from the pool prevented them from hearing). If still no results, I step on the nearest hand, clearing a path for me to walk up the stairs.

A poster mentioned carrying a glass of tomato juice while in the buffet line, so someone who rudely jostles you to cut in line will get tomato juice on them. So...anything clever that will work on the stair-blocking problem?

Well............????!! I will admit that you didn't specifically say that YOU would spill tomato juice on "grandma" but you did condone it in future posts. As far as the stepping on the hand bit...........there it is in black and white/blue/pink or whatever your font colour is!!

I used to fart on command but now I only do it when Im wearing brown pants.

:D

Back to the Devils Advocate thing for just a minute.

I have never seen gangs of teens sitting on the stairs,

but similar things in general.

After muster, we (we being hundreds of people) were all

gathered on the Atlantic deck. There are not a lot of

entrances to the outside deck. I believe I counted 4.

Anyway, as these hundreds of people start to leave through

these 4 passage ways, Families or groups of friends stand right

in the doorway and begin talking..making plans etc.

Are people so oblivious to others that they can not see

or realize that they are blocking huge numbers of people..

all trying to get to different places for sailaway?(example)

Same for people that stand right in the entrance of

the buffet, or elevator lobbies etc.

I did notice once or twice a person or two standing

on the steps on the Lido deck (Triumph) that goes up

the area where the lounge chairs were. One lady was on her cell

phone and gave you the "stay out of my space" look ..I guess she wanted privacy?

The weather was pretty cool, very few people out, so I just went around.

I am just really curious..do these people not see, realize or just don't care?

I used to fart on command but now I only do it when Im wearing brown pants.

:D

My not-so-classy husband's favorite saying: everyone has gambled on a fart and lost!

Gosh, I can not believe some of the things I have said in this thread! Trust me, I will not repeat them in person and will deny their existance!

If still no results, I step on the nearest hand, clearing a path for me to walk up the stairs.

I realize that can result in an altercation (or maybe even a lawsuit) but honestly I'm at a loss as to how one should deal with such inconsiderate behavior.

WOW, your daughter must be very proud...:rolleyes:

Archived