Royal Caribbean Serenade: Which Dock?

BroncosFan2010

In December we (on SR) docked at the "downtown" pier. (Right at the tourist center/vendor's market), etc. However, the night before the Captain had told us we would be docking at the north dock (industrial area). When he was asked about it after we left Dominica he said he was surprised we got the good downtown location because they had been told it would be always be the other pier. But that the harbor pilot had brought us in to the downtown location that day. (We were the only ship in town that day.)

Be sure to come back here and post upon your return to let us know which pier you docked at on your trip.

Have a great voyage!

It's probably real hard for a local operator to find the only ship in town, that day..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119819

Hey! If I am paying $300 for an excursion, I am going to make darn sure the people know where to pick me up, especially when they asked me to let them know!

Hey! If I am paying $300 for an excursion,

I am going to make darn sure the people know where to pick me up,

especially when they asked me to let them know!===> And what I'm saying is HE SHOULD KNOW,

not have to ask you.

It's so easy for us islanders to know where a ship docks.

Especially since Roseau is a two-dock town, fer cryin out loud!

Maybe you're getting ripped-off, too! :D

For $300, that has to be some excursion, but maybe it's a whole bunch of you

-at least I'm hoping so for your sake.

Let me ask you this:

how are you supposed to know where your ship will dock,that day?

Even your Capt. is not 100% sure where he will be allowed to dock that day.

I'd be wondering about the guy doing the excursion, frankly :confused:

but it's your money.

Just make sure what Dollar Currency the cost of your trip was quoted in.

$300 sounds to me like E.C.$ 300 -not US$

-unless it's 10 of you completely filling his van,

and even so that would be $30 per person.

But maybe it's a whole day thing. ;)

Good luck: enjoy the island.

Maybe you're getting ripped-off, too! :D

For $300, that has to be some excursion, but maybe it's a whole bunch of you

-at least I'm hoping so for your sake.

Let me ask you this:

how are you supposed to know where your ship will dock,that day?

Even your Capt. is not 100% sure where he will be allowed to dock that day.

I'd be wondering about the guy doing the excursion, frankly :confused:

but it's your money.

Just make sure what Dollar Currency the cost of your trip was quoted in.

$300 sounds to me like E.C.$ 300 -not US$

-unless it's 10 of you completely filling his van,

and even so that would be $30 per person.

But maybe it's a whole day thing. ;)

Good luck: enjoy the island.

The tour is $300 for two people, and yes, that is $300 US. We are going extreme canyoning, and it will be worth every penny, and we are not getting ripped off. The reviews are great, and I trust the tour operators.

The tour is $300 for two people, and yes, that is $300 US. We are going extreme canyoning, and it will be worth every penny, and we are not getting ripped off. The reviews are great, and I trust the tour operators.

Please let us know how this was. I wanted to try this, but we ended up booking a day with Woody instead. The extreme canyoning looks great. Have fun!

BroncosFan2010 we are doing this excursion in April. I'll let you know where we dock, maybe it wil be the same for you. I too, have heard that this excursion is the greatest. People here and TripAdvisor rate it top notch. I can't wait. I'l l let you know how we like it.

BroncosFan2010 we are doing this excursion in April. I'll let you know where we dock, maybe it wil be the same for you. I too, have heard that this excursion is the greatest. People here and TripAdvisor rate it top notch. I can't wait. I'l l let you know how we like it.

Thanks! I cannot wait for the review!

• 4 weeks later...

We sailed Serenade and although the Compass flyer stated we would be a mile away from downtown at the industral pier we were docked downtown. I was concerned our private tour would be hard to find, but he driver knew where the ship was and met us with no problem. He told us the cruise ships often use downtown when there is only one ship. Hopefully your guide will see the ship at the pier, because both can be seen from each other. Hope this helps a little. Enjoy your time on this beautiful island.

The two locations are so close together... I don't know why they ask this question.

I would email them back and say... we don't know what pier we will dock at. I'm sure your driver can find our ship in the rare case that we don't dock downtown. You can see one dock from the other.

Tell them that you don't think your cell phone will work, and you wonder how they want you to contact them anyway? I don't think our ship knows till they actually pull into port.

I did the tour and their driver is very good. He will have no problem. They just don't realize they are causing stress by asking this question. You should mention that to them. (tell them that if you are not at pick-up point "A"...and your ship is not docked their... then it makes sense that you are at the other dock and would like to know what pick-up point "B" is?

I think 90% of the time there is just one ship in town. Seems like a very small one ship town. And the local driver knows the town docks like the back of his hand so don't worry....but let them know that our phones, cell phones, and computers don't always work... and asking us to contact them seems like a difficult thing to do. (They are so very nice about anything you might need, they really did go out of their way to make sure we had a great trip)

The two locations are so close together... I don't know why they ask this question.

I would email them back and say... we don't know what pier we will dock at. I'm sure your driver can find our ship in the rare case that we don't dock downtown. You can see one dock from the other.

Tell them that you don't think your cell phone will work, and you wonder how they want you to contact them anyway? I don't think our ship knows till they actually pull into port.

I did the tour and their driver is very good. He will have no problem. They just don't realize they are causing stress by asking this question. You should mention that to them. (tell them that if you are not at pick-up point "A"...and your ship is not docked their... then it makes sense that you are at the other dock and would like to know what pick-up point "B" is?

I think 90% of the time there is just one ship in town. Seems like a very small one ship town. And the local driver knows the town docks like the back of his hand so don't worry....but let them know that our phones, cell phones, and computers don't always work... and asking us to contact them seems like a difficult thing to do. (They are so very nice about anything you might need, they really did go out of their way to make sure we had a great trip)

Thanks for letting me know. I will let them know that we will be at one of the two piers. I think they want us to meet them at a hotel, so I will have to figure out where that hotel is located.

Thanks for letting me know. I will let them know that we will be at one of the two piers. I think they want us to meet them at a hotel, so I will have to figure out where that hotel is located.

I posted photos of the meeting spot in this thread ;) I think its post #39

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=929606

I would email them back and say... we don't know what pier we will dock at.

I'm sure your driver can find our ship in the rare case that we don't dock downtown.

You can see one dock from the other.

Tell them that you don't think your cell phone will work, and you wonder how they want you to contact them anyway?

I don't think our ship knows till they actually pull into port.

I think 90% of the time there is just one ship in town.

Seems like a very small, one-ship town. <<<<< =====

And the local driver knows the town docks like the back of his hand so don't worry..

Thank you so much for your assessment of the situation, sir!!

This is what I was getting at in my post number 4, above.

In the interim, I have come to the conclusion that said ship

might be docking at that other port of entry/dock

awaaaays up North of the island --Cabrits Park and Fort Shirley in Prince Rupert's Bay

(-please see Google Earth satell. photo attached below)

where some of the small boutique ships and smaller cruise ships sometimes dock

2100055494_CabritsDOM.jpg.2e1e30a522dc5d99ba01072c7b31066b.jpg

Now I am super confused. I have decied that once it gets closer, I will call RCCL and see if I can get an answer as to where they usually dock when there is only one ship in port (or find out from those who cruise the week before), and hope that we do the same. That is the dock I will tell the people to pick us up for the excursion.

Now I am super confused. I have decied that once it gets closer, I will call RCCL and see if I can get an answer as to where they usually dock when there is only one ship in port (or find out from those who cruise the week before), and hope that we do the same. That is the dock I will tell the people to pick us up for the excursion.

Why not just send Ricard, Jeffery, and Iris an email...and ask them how people have contacted them in the past? There must be an easy way? I didn't have a plan.... I just guessed that we'd pull in at the main dock. But let them know people are talking about this issue on cruise crittic and they will give you a great answer. Maybe there's a pay phone at the dock or some simple thing we just aren't thinking of? :D (half the time my cell phone didn't work, and I didn't know who to ask on the ship to even send them an email in advance?)

The main point is... you will have a great time, don't let this small issue cause you much grief. They will reply to you... so ask the experts.

I'm not sure RC can give you an answer ahead of time. As I believe I have mentioned on this thread (or maybe another one) previously, even the Captain didn't know which dock we would be at in December. We were dining with him the night before and he said we would be at the Industrial dock. He said the week before they had gotten lucky and gotten the downtown dock. Well, when we looked out the next morning we were at the downtown dock. I later asked the Captain about it and he said we just got lucky again. He said we were scheduled to be at the other dock but the harbor pilot brought us into the downtown dock. We all felt lucky but no one knew exactly why we were so lucky. But you can see one dock from the other and there will be a zillion taxi/tour drivers around so I seriously doubt your tour company will have trouble figuring out which pier to pick you up at.

Archived