Adventure/Liberty

Lorey2007

Can those of you who have sailed on Adventure and Liberty compare the ships. We are comtemplating sailing on Adventure and would like to know what differences we could expect between the two. Would we notice a huge difference in size? venues? dining? Has the ship been upgraded since 2001, do the staterooms have flat screens? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Also any info on arriving and departing from San Juan, positive or negative. We just got off the Oasis and know there would be not comparison there, although the balcony stateroom was a little small. She was amazing.

Can those of you who have sailed on Adventure and Liberty compare the ships. We are comtemplating sailing on Adventure and would like to know what differences we could expect between the two. Would we notice a huge difference in size? venues? dining? Has the ship been upgraded since 2001, do the staterooms have flat screens? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Also any info on arriving and departing from San Juan, positive or negative. We just got off the Oasis and know there would be not comparison there, although the balcony stateroom was a little small. She was amazing.

I can answer between Freedom and Adventure.

I like the big ships. ( Hope to cruise Oasis soon) The added size was nice in the Promenade....... adding Sorrentos and a few store fronts in the middle. Otherwise you won't notice many differences. The pool deck layout / water park on Freedom class keeps the kids to their own side. It's kind of like going to McDonalds. You like a Big Mac fine but you can also go large....lol/

I like 'em all.

So says the Crab.

Flowrider....on Liberty, marginal ports of call

Adventure - Embarking from San Juan is fabulous and the ports of call in the Southern Carribean are the best IMO.

What are you looking for? The ship or the ports? Liberty=Nicer ship, Adventure=Better ports/itinerary.

Don't get me wrong, the Adventure is a wonderful ship, the Liberty is bigger, newer and has a little more to offer.

Flowrider....on Liberty, marginal ports of call

Adventure - Embarking from San Juan is fabulous and the ports of call in the Southern Carribean are the best IMO.

What are you looking for? The ship or the ports? Liberty=Nicer ship, Adventure=Better ports/itinerary.

Don't get me wrong, the Adventure is a wonderful ship, the Liberty is bigger, newer and has a little more to offer.

Looking for some different ports but since we started out big with RCCL on Liberty and Oasis I was worried I might be disappointed in the ship. We especially like the Royal Promenade is there a cafe or pizza place or somewhere else to hang out?

The Windjammer was huge on the Liberty but very small on the Oasis can you compare Windjammer on Advernture to freedom class?

Should I worry about obnoxious locals who got a good deal to sell out the ship? We would be sailing 1-30-11.

All the info I have gotten on CC has been wonderful and a great help. Thanks.

Just got off the Adventure. No flat panel TV in our E balcony cabin. We did not experience any rowdy locals. We arrived in SJ a day early and stayed a few days after. Quick to check in (around 11:00) and quick to disembark. I heard the first group being called to get off around 8. We didn't leave until almost 10 as we were in no rush. Muster drill was nice without life jackets!!

Archived