Door decorations?

lastcall4all

DSC00360.jpg

Here is the door decoration we used on our 2nd cruise. We decorate the door to have FUN and we SMILE every time we enter and leave our cabin.

We put it up with that putty stuff (sorry don't know exactly what it is called) and it is easy to remove when Carnival says it is time for us to go home!!

I can't imagine being on the ship and NOT decorating my door!! My next cruise is baseball related, so I have some magnetic baseballs to put on my door, and some other stuff that's directly related to the team I will be cruising with!!

I'm the sober one in my group, so I honestly don't need to put stuff on my door for ME to find the room--I do it for my roommates, who can't seem to find the room sometimes without assistance from a crew member. Once I put the stuff on the door, they can find the room, and haven't needed help since.

Brenda, we will be on a Super Bowl cruise aboard and hope I can use your Saints decorations!!! :)

Yes....I would take a repeat of that game :D

I shared a room with my sis on this particular cruise and she is a huge Brett Favre fan...she is from Hattiesburg, MS ....and her and her hubby are aquaintances of his...SO...I had to sneak that picture of him on the door :eek:

But being she was born and raised in Nola...she let it slide :D

Newspaper articles are fun and cheap, we had lots of people who loved our doors!

Make that two of us in a crowd. I do not see a purpose in it and I can always find the right door.

Why do people decorate outside at Christmas or put the cute little lawn signs that blow in the wind or decorate at a party? It is part of having fun and being festive. It doesn't hurt anyone.

Just back from Elation and decorated door and cabin (used the blue or yellow putty stuff from Wal-mart). I could say I even decorated my DH and myself since we wore Santa Hats for pictures for our Christmas cards. One night it was so cold in our cabin that we slept in the Santa hats and were glad to have them. LOL

349145327_ElationDec10batch2008.jpg.84498ae9465cf56660395505ab0b4b3e.jpg

1351356464_ElationDec10batch2036.jpg.ac4ab8e0755082ab9a80863ee719f930.jpg

1147384532_ElationDec10batch2029.jpg.58a90b1253f7a33768a04180debf2250.jpg

2066426951_ElationDec10batch2009.jpg.0aa55dd158e2c0e26f5e87c89238b17b.jpg

I take several simple signs for the door and my window/balcony, plus backups if a scrooge tears the one on the door off. Like an earlier poster, seeing my sign just makes me smile a little more on every coming and going.

BTW: my sign has never been torn or damaged; only resulting in pleasant comments from fellow cruisers and crew. I ALWAYS take it down when I disembark.

Happy cruisin' and Merry Christmas.

Just back from Elation and decorated door and cabin (used the blue or yellow putty stuff from Wal-mart). I could say I even decorated my DH and myself since we wore Santa Hats for pictures for our Christmas cards. One night it was so cold in our cabin that we slept in the Santa hats and were glad to have them. LOL

Nice decor. I really liked Santa. Maybe laugh out loud!

I always do door signs for my group and they have told me they really look forward to what I do for the next cruise we take. Themes from Mardi Gras, Pirates, Looking through a porthole window, Its 5 o'clock somewhere, palm trees, etc... I put our first names on them too.

Only had a problem once - we woke up to find our signs had all been all switched around on the doors. (I still think some late partiers in the group did it!)

Ive even left signs that say:

Need more whiskey - leave $5 under the door - (so far no takers on that one),

Lifes short - play naked,

Two old broads on a cruise - buy us a drink!

Hoist the anchor! - land was created to provide a place for boats to visit

Instant pirates just add rum*- "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me”

Archived