Zuiderdam face lift?

dwilliamson

I understand that the Zuiderdam will be be in drydock (?) in the near future. I've read bits and pieces about what will be done but nothing definite. I've read a variety of posts about how the ship interior appears to be a bit "threadbare."

Does anyone have a good sense as to what will be done? Specifically, will it wind up with a Cannaletto restaurant?

Thanks.

All right I am a newbie to this site. We will be on the Zuiderdam March 31 what are the pros and cons of going on right after dry dock for instance I am assuming the cabins will be ready since no body was onboard during drydock Pro? any other pros or cons thanks

any other pros or cons thanks
After the recent major revions of the Veendam and Rotterdam there were many things left incomplete that had to be addressed during the first cruise. Other major re-fits (e.g. Oosterdam) fared a lot better. Personally, I would avoid a first-after-major-drydock cruise if at all possible.

But ..... is this considered a Major dry dock ? From what I read, most say it is a routine dry dock. I wish HAL would communicate better as to exactly what is planned when one of their ships goes to dry dock. I have heard that dry dock can be as short as a few days, or in some cases a really major overhaul taking quite some time. Would love to know in the case of the Zuidy at this time. We have the Apr. 20 cruise booked and are hoping all will be in "ship shape"!

Zuiderdam is having a "routine" dry-dock like all ships are scheduled for every two to three years or so. The only "addition" will be Canaletto which is "minor" work in the big scheme of things and will not involve "tearing up" the ship.

The well-documented "issues" with Veendam and Rotterdam's Retreat Pool and extra cabins involved major tearing down and building back up work. Zuiderdam's dry-dock will be completely different and she should be "good to go" as soon as she emerges from her dry-dock

This is not considered a Major Dry Dock for the Zuiderdam.

The Canaletto is the only major item being done on her -- no new cabins or changing pools will be done -- that is what caused problems on the Veendam and Rotterdam.

She will get a deep cleaning of the carpets -- some will be changed. Cleaning of furniture, walls, etc.

When we were on her in Oct/Nov she did not seem that bad to us -- she looked pretty good in fact!!

Doesn't sound like a problem, just a little house cleaning and it will be fresh for we April cruisers.

Wines60, Please join our roll call so we can share info before our April 20th sail. We have some great people from all over the country. It's neat to know a few of the folks and have a friendly wave as you pass. There are no strings attached, whatever you want to take part in.

That goes for everyone. Join your roll call or start one.:)

Archived