allarounditaly.net (Fabrizio) or Rome in Limo

aveenovida

We had Alberto from Allarounditaly pick us up at the ship promptly at 8.00am. He was a very experienced guide who knew a great deal about all the places we visited. As he has a special permit we were able to drive right up to each of the sights. We visited The Forum, The Colloseum, The Pantheon, Vatican City, St. Peter's Basilica and the Trevi Fountain. He also drove us around the old neighbourhood of Travestere to show us some typical Roman life away from the usual tourist places. On the way he took us to the highest point in Rome where there is a park where you can look out over all of Rome. He was a friendly and informative guide who not only spoke to us about the history of Rome and the sights we were visiting but about life in Rome in general. He also make the effort to find a restaurant that served gluten free food four our daughter. I would highly recommend Alberto and Allarounditaly.

• 2 weeks later...

We just returnd from a 12-day Mediterranean cruise and used Fabrizio and his team for our three Italy excursions. Fabrizio and his team of people are fantastic - very professional, knowledgeable, FUN! Fabrizio was our guide in Pisa/Florence. We knew as soon as we met him we were going to love him - he was full of energy, passionate, a wealth of information. He was able to time the sites so that we avoided the crowds. We went to Pisa, Florence, and a lovely tour of the tuscan countryside. It was such a fun day that we were disappointed that he was not available for our other two stops. But he assured us we would also be happy with the other drivers, and he did not let us down.

The second stop was in Rome. We were originally scheduled to have Pepe as our driver, but because he had car trouble on the way to pick us up, Fabrizio wasted no time in securing another driver, Alberto, who was supposed to have the day off. Alberto was also great, very knowledgeable, and gave us great tour of the city. In the afternoon Fabrizio had arranged for a private guide at the Vatican - Rosa - who was a beautiful, energetic, informative guide. She got us in ahead of any lines, got us to places we would not have seen on our own. I HIGHLY recommend having a guide at the Vatican, and if you can get Rosa you will NOT be disappointed!

Our final stop was Sorrento, the Amalfi Coast, and Pompeii. Our driver there was the handsome Adriano. He was a true delight -so much fun, again full of information, and he made sure we saw the best of everything. The Amalfi Coast is amazing, it was the highlight of a wonderful trip. And on the occasions where Adriano had nothing to say, he would sing Italian songs with a beautiful voice. I asked him if I could buy his CD. In the afternoon we were fortunate to have Adriano's wife, Roberta, as our guide in Pompeii. She was full of information.

I cannot say enough positive things about Fabrizio and his team - I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

We used Fabrizio in 2007 for a transfer and tour of Rome and again in 2008 for tours from Naples, Rome and Livorno. He was great. He was knowledgable and funny and a joy to be with. We looked forward to his stories and his enthusiasm was contagious.

This past cruise 09/22 on Ocean Princess we joined a CC group to tour Livorno. They had hired Jon from RIL. He was also very good. Not quite as up-beat, but terrific none the less. We ran into Fabrizio in Florence at every stop we made with RIL. Unless you are adament about seeing something different, all the tour guides pretty much do the same itinerary.

After touring with both companies I realize that's just a matter of personalities. Some like RIL - while some prefer Fabrizio or any other company. No one is really better than another. The tours are all pretty standard. They all know how to get you in and out of the sites we want to see pretty efficiently. If I'm lucky enough to go back...I'd hire Fabrizio. But that's just my opinion after using both.

Audrey

We used Fabrizio in 2007 for a transfer and tour of Rome and again in 2008 for tours from Naples, Rome and Livorno. He was great. He was knowledgable and funny and a joy to be with. We looked forward to his stories and his enthusiasm was contagious.

This past cruise 09/22 on Ocean Princess we joined a CC group to tour Livorno. They had hired Jon from RIL. He was also very good. Not quite as up-beat, but terrific none the less. We ran into Fabrizio in Florence at every stop we made with RIL. Unless you are adament about seeing something different, all the tour guides pretty much do the same itinerary.

After touring with both companies I realize that's just a matter of personalities. Some like RIL - while some prefer Fabrizio or any other company. No one is really better than another. The tours are all pretty standard. They all know how to get you in and out of the sites we want to see pretty efficiently. If I'm lucky enough to go back...I'd hire Fabrizio. But that's just my opinion after using both.

Audrey

I agree with you. It seems that most companies do the same sights of Rome and the difference is more based on the personality of the driver. We recently had Alberto who works for Fabrizio and at each of the stops there were other drivers there from other companies and they would all stand around and chat to each other. They all know each other regardless of who they work for and I am sure they alll know the same 'secrets' with regards to how to get into sights quickly and avoid lines etc. He took us to a restaurant near the Vatican for lunch and he went and sat at another table which was full of drivers for various companies.

So it seems the world of private tour guides is a very small world indeed.

We were a partty of eight and each and everyone of us still talks about our two days we spent in the care of Fabrizio. We were assorted ages and both sexes and not a unhappy moment for any of us. He took us to The private resturant in Postitano as well and the food was the best as well as a very gracious host family. I cannot think that you will be disappointed, we used him for Almalfi Coast and Rome.

I stuck my neck out about a year ago when setting up transportation and tours on behalf of our Roll Call (Celebrity Equinox eastbound transatlantic to Rome April '10).

You see, I love logistics. And knowing from previous experience that there were likely to be some passengers looking for alternatives to cruise line transportation, I offered my help in co-ordinating such services with a private fleet.

In short, there was a lot of homework to be done...and RomeinLimo was chosen as our preferred provider. Good thing, because Duman (the ebullient owner) and Jany (their tireless office manager) ended up with 53 passengers going to 22 different hotels in and around Rome along with an additional 23 passengers going directly to FCO (the airport) for a grand total of 76 passengers. Oh, and there were also a few 3 and 5-hour tours along the way that day plus a couple more the following day.

In short, it was incredible watching the dockside co-ordination by Duman and his delightful guides. Unbridled joy would barely describe the mood. The entire operation clicked like a Swiss watch and the feedback was uniformly glowing; RomeinLimo was the right choice. I recommend them without hesitation and long for the day when Teresa and I return to Italy and see our friends at RomeinLimo again.

Happy Cruising,

Alan

We used Rome in a Limo! They were awesome! There were 6 of us on two of our tours and 10 of us on two others. We couldn't have asked for more knowledgeable guides but we found better than that we couldn't have asked for nicer or more accommodating people to work with. I would recommend them to anyone!! Enjoy your cruise.

We were a group of six and booked ROME IN LIMO for three ports. They were so professional, and responded to any email immediately....lots of other tours on our Med. cruise did not.

We had Raphaele for an amazing day along the Amalfi Coast...Sorrento and Positano...as well as Pompeii!! He was so entertaining, friendly, and filled with information. We used Elizabeth in Florence, and from the moment we entered the luxury Mercedes van, she continued to amaze us with what she knew....explaining and showing it with such enthusiasm.

We read about them on the boards, and overall we know we had the best touring company, and will use them again on a future trip.

Since that trip in July '09, I recommended them to two traveling groups. Both groups used them, and couldn't thank me enough. They now are recommending to others..........if they didn't do it with expertise in all areas, people wouldn't keep recommending them. Book ROME IN LIMO!!!

Both are good companies, and as with many tour companies everyone knows each other,

Besides having terrific drivers, For me what sets RIL above the bar is their customer service. Jany and Duman have both worked tirelessly in making sure all my requests were met and our tours and travel arrangements would be stress free. Having had the task of arranging tours and transfers for a group, I never had to worry with RIL about anyone being disappointed. I have found the guides they arranged for us to all be top notch. If it wasn't for Lucia, our trip to Pompei might have been another day viewing ruins. Lucia's passion was infectious and made us all want to return to Naples.

We hope to be in Italy again next year, and can't wait to start planning our days with RIL.

Mari:)

When we first toured Rome and Florence/Pisa, we hired RIL for the three of us and had a delightful time. We went off the regular tours and did Tuscany with a winery, castle and monestery (with home made liquor). When we decided to go to Rome again, I advised the roll call board of my decision to hire Romeinlimo again for ourselves and asked if anyone else was interested in tours and/or trip to the pier or from the airport. Of course I got a list of those interested about 18 months out all the way till sailing. Jany and Duman organized and kept our list for us and after all that time, we wound up with 4 tours of Rome & Florence, one tour to Pompii, and several 8-pax vans to the pier, as well as a few from the airport to hotel. I heard nothing but good reviews from my fellow passengers and was delighted to hear the same. Thanks Duman and Jany for all your help. Hope to use them again in the future. Have a good cruise, no matter what you choose.

All Around Italy cannot be beat. There may be other good companies out there but it is not possible to be more attentive, better priced, or more friendly than Fabrizio and Carlo. We had the best time imaginable.

allarounditaly.net <info@allarounditaly.net>

I find it very very hard to believe that ANY company can compare to or beat Rome in Limo! WOW, they are WONDERFUL! Now, don't get me wrong.. if I feel something I pay for or order is not right, I am not afraid to give negative feedback where deserved. But in the case of Rome in Limo, my husband and I cannot say enough good things! They are awesome!

Jany and Duman are super and will help you organize any tours you wish to have. We had Rome in Limo for two days of our 7 days trip... wow, I wish we had used them more! They absolutely MADE our trip the fabulous time it was!

We had Fabrizio for Naples/Pisa. He was the most charming, knowledgeable, funny, energetic, nice, fun, accomodating tour host I have ever had the pleasure to use! He was just EXCELLENT! I have some disabilities, and walk (with difficulty) with a cane... Fabrizio dropped us off RIGHT at the doorway to museums/sites, then made sure to pick us up as close as possible to where we ended up. He has so many interesting and funny stories, and knows his history and the area backwards and forwards. NO ONE COULD BE BETTER, TRUST ME!

We had Vinnie for Rome.. Again-- he was excellent. Charming, fun, nice, caring, knowledgeable, professional, helpful, etc. We saw so much, and he was so helpful and accomodating with my disabilities.

Rome in Limo is the MOST EXCELLENT tour company EVER! I highly recommend them...... I would never say this if it was not true... Whenever my hubby and I reminisce about Italy and our Europe trip, so many times our best memories come down to what we did with Rome in Limo (not that the other parts were bad).... We had a fun time seeing the Amalfi Coast (without RIL), and kept saying to ourselves "How much better would this have been if we had used RIL for this part of the trip??".

I think I will have to rob a bank or win the lottery this week... I hope, as I SO want to go back to Italy-- and this time around, I would use Rome in Limo for everything! They are so trustworthy, great, excellent and worth every penny (altho they are very reasonable).

Thanks.. Sher near Seattle :cool:

Funny how a post on All Around Italy turns into a RIL forum. Just my opinion but there is more than one company out there. Give them their due!

Great advice! A great place to find out about other private tours is on the Tripadvisor website. Although we were convinced to try Romeinlimo from the overwhelming positive reviews on CC, after reading reviews on TA, we found other options rated even higher in some ports. Try searching "private tours (in the port for which you are interested).

Good luck!

• 6 months later...

We will be on the Ruby Princess leaving June 21 stopping to visit Naples, Rome and Florence. In reviewing the posts for the various tour operators I see lots of info on Romeinlimo, as well as a few others. AllAround Italy doesn't show up on the ratings lists for most of the cities and all the posts raving about their experience are over a year old. I have been emailing Mary, which is not a name I have seen on the posts either.

If anyone has used them lately or has any other information on them, please let me know. I need to move forward and book something soon.

We will be on the Ruby Princess leaving June 21 stopping to visit Naples, Rome and Florence. In reviewing the posts for the various tour operators I see lots of info on Romeinlimo, as well as a few others. AllAround Italy doesn't show up on the ratings lists for most of the cities and all the posts raving about their experience are over a year old. I have been emailing Mary, which is not a name I have seen on the posts either.

If anyone has used them lately or has any other information on them, please let me know. I need to move forward and book something soon.

We just returned from Europe and had Fabrizio from All Around Italy for our Livorno stop. It was hands down the best tour of the trip! He is charming, funny, full of life and takes you to see what you want. We didnot want to be with the tourists and we were not. He does tours in all 3 ports that you mentioned. Mary is his employee who works in the office. Good luck :)

We had Pepe last year and it was one of the BEST tours that we took. We also used RIL for other ports.

Pepe was a very personable, cautious driver. We only had 4 in our group and went to Tuscania and the surrounding area.

Archived