Voyager Seven Seas Suites

sunbeam1

Can someone provide information on the Seven Seas aft suites on Voyager? They look to be absolutely delightful but I've heard some rumblings about vibration. Is it a problem? We are booked in suite 673 on the June 5 sailing in the Baltic.

Definitely an aft vibration on the Voyager. Some people are not bothered by it -- others cannot tolerate it. We don't mind the vibration, but, don't think we'd want to attempt to sleep in an aft suite. There are thousands of posts regarding the Voyager vibration. You can find them by doing a search on the Regent board. The best place to be on the Voyager is mid-ship. Also, when choosing a suite, look at the deck plan to see what is above your proposed suite. If you are under the pool deck, lounge or dining venue, you could hear scraping of chairs, etc. In spite of the vibration issue, the Voyager is a wonderful ship. . . . you'll love it.:)

It only it gets bad when the ship is docked for some reason or preparing to leave. I can't explain but at sea it doesn't seem to be bad. My post was deleted with a tread so I'll report again that talking with engineer types it's a characteristic of the pod propulsion system. Since I am not an engineer, who knows who is right. Being on the 9 deck only once did it wake me up. It doesn't bother some folks who aft on 9 that I know. It doesn't bother me while eating on 11, but in port sometimes it will make the dishes rattle. That's my story.

Well, seems like we're going to have both noise and vibration since our cabin is 1054 on the Voyager Baltic sailing! I guess it's too late to change because my TA reserved the cabin last summer and I "think" the ship is full.

We booked 878 for our upcoming Baltic cruise while aboard Navigator last summer; don't know if this is going to be a buzz bomb or not, I guess we'll find out in July. I guess if it's loud and shaking, I'll just have to have another drink or three before I turn in! :D

We are on WC now in suite 671 so can give you some "first hand" info about vibration. There is a bit of vibration but only really notice it when in bathroom sitting on the "throne". I don't really notice it to be a problem in bed at night. Today we are anchored in Bali and I notice it more when anchored. I think azipods are used some to keep ship positioned. Don't notice it when docked though. My biggest problem is music in Horizon Lounge right below. I have called probably half dozen times about it. At least music is over by 11:30pm. Jamie, cruise director, is trying to make us happy. We are dining with him and Dana, his wife, tonight. Another negative, especially to 671, is the ship structure that sticks out right aft of our balcony. We only have 9 to 1 o'clock view. I would think your suite, 673, would be very nice with huge balcony facing aft though. You may have some cocktail hour chatter in evenings from Horizon Lounge balcony area under your balcony. That is ends when they go to diner. I'm sure you will enjoy your suite so do not worry about vibration or anything. Voyager is great and crew is even better.

We are on WC now in suite 671 so can give you some "first hand" info about vibration. There is a bit of vibration but only really notice it when in bathroom sitting on the "throne". I don't really notice it to be a problem in bed at night. Today we are anchored in Bali and I notice it more when anchored. I think azipods are used some to keep ship positioned. Don't notice it when docked though. My biggest problem is music in Horizon Lounge right below. I have called probably half dozen times about it. At least music is over by 11:30pm. Jamie, cruise director, is trying to make us happy. We are dining with him and Dana, his wife, tonight. Another negative, especially to 671, is the ship structure that sticks out right aft of our balcony. We only have 9 to 1 o'clock view. I would think your suite, 673, would be very nice with huge balcony facing aft though. You may have some cocktail hour chatter in evenings from Horizon Lounge balcony area under your balcony. That is ends when they go to diner. I'm sure you will enjoy your suite so do not worry about vibration or anything. Voyager is great and crew is even better.

There we are. A first hand note from someone actually on Voyager in an aft suite. That experience mirrors my own.

P.S. Thank you for your vivid accounts and pictures on your blog. Most interesting. I hope your wife is feeling better now.

We were in Suite 975, the deck is huge compared to some ships, but we did notice that the vibration is a little stronger than we experienced in an aft suite aboard Celebrity's Constellation and Solstice. It did not bother us, but was noticeable. We found the ship's crew to be outstanding. You will love sailing on this ship.

Still think the OP should do a search of Voyager vibration. She is our favorite ship -- I completely believe what WC11 and some others have posted. . . . however, the vibration can have very strong negative effects on some people. Quite a few repeat Voyager passengers avoid aft suites at all costs.

Archived