Do the "Cheerleaders" help or harm NCL?

cruznut1111

I'm no cheerleader, but I will say we cruised NCL first time in August for a Med cruise on the Jade. We loved it. Found the ship to be clean and the staff friendly. I didn't like NCL nickel and diming for a lot of things but that is a pocketbook issue not a health issue.

We sailed out of Southampton, UK when the H1N1 virus was hitting England hard. We had no problems. However, I was concerned. I think its only reasonable to be concerned when you decide to lock yourself in a floating box for two weeks with 2,000 other people. If one or two are sick it will surely spread in such a contained environment.

The difference between me and some other posters is that I realize the risk. No cruise line can prevent an outbreak like that. They try their best to limit the risk which I am convinced NCL did, but if an inconsiderate passenger boards knowing they are sick its bound to impact others.

i haven't been on a great number of cruises but i too have a problem with all the naysayers. i am the type of person who can almost always find the silver lining in any cloud but when i read some of the comments made by some of these "so called" critics, it makes me wonder how these cruise lines can even stay in business. i got the noro virus on my last cruise but i sure as heck don't blame the ship for that. i was even asked by co-workers why i didn't try to sue the cruise line. my comment was always, "for what?". i am actually kind of sceptical about my upcoming cruise on the sky just because of all the negative comments. my mind rationally overrides these thoughts when i try to consider that unhappy people usually are the ones that ***** and happy people just move along.

My answer to the OP's post:

The cheerleaders don't help or harm NCL. I can easily separate the two parties.

The cheerleaders are a group of posters who have camaraderie on this board. At times, they come to each others assistance regardless of the topic or issue being discussed. There are times where I have seen some do a 360 on an issue because one of their fellow cheerleaders are involved in a disagreement. Their willingness to help "friends" in an argument sometimes overrides the issue at hand and contradicts their own views from previous topics.

There are the NCL bashers as well (“yahoo” coming to mind) and the same thing can be said about them. Unfortunately, many of the cheerleaders group most critical posters into this “basher” group.

In the end, it's all good. I know which posters to take a grain (or sometimes a huge lump) of salt with their opinions.

To simply address the whole thing...the subject was the number of places on the Jewel to obtain food without a charge.

The "new" poster reported that there were just 3.

I corrected that by citing 7....and I actually forgot 1, so there are 8.

But instead of understanding the point of identifying the source of misinformation, a troll comes out from under the bridge to argue semantics over the word "restaurant".

Some people will do ANYTHING to win an Internet argument.

Go into the user control panel and under settings and options select edit avatar. You can select one of the ones they have or upload your own.

man, not look at all those who must have read your response. We all have funky little things by our names. Thanks, this is fun!!!!

Nita

man, not look at all those who must have read your response. We all have funky little things by our names. Thanks, this is fun!!!!

Nita

You can use your own pictures if you want to. Mine is a picture of the Statue of Liberty in front of the Eiffel tower. Hard to see because it's so Small but I took it in Paris on a (NCL) river excursion.

My answer to the OP's post:

The cheerleaders don't help or harm NCL. I can easily separate the two parties.

The cheerleaders are a group of posters who have camaraderie on this board. At times, they come to each others assistance regardless of the topic or issue being discussed. There are times where I have seen some do a 360 on an issue because one of their fellow cheerleaders are involved in a disagreement. Their willingness to help "friends" in an argument sometimes overrides the issue at hand and contradicts their own views from previous topics.

There are the NCL bashers as well (“yahoo” coming to mind) and the same thing can be said about them. Unfortunately, many of the cheerleaders group most critical posters into this “basher” group.

In the end, it's all good. I know which posters to take a grain (or sometimes a huge lump) of salt with their opinions.[/qu

Excellent comments.

To the OP. I have sailed eight times with NCL and feel I am still part of the NCL family, we have made great friends with crew and passengers alike. Out of the eight cruises the first on the DREAM was mediocre, the next six great and our last one very disappointing.

I have been put through the wringer, you name it they have said it. I am still loyal to NCL even putting a deposit down for a future cruise, if CC allows me to make comments regarding my own personal experiences on board NCL I will continue. I see changes with NCL that I do not agree with, some call it cost cutting, I will still make comments about these changes and will not be intimidated by those who put down, make fun, gang up on, etc etc.

Again thank you for your great thread.

:):):):):)

Go into the user control panel and under settings and options select edit avatar. You can select one of the ones they have or upload your own.

.... then go right back to their own stance in another thread.

"Looking good in a Buffalo Stance.

Looking good when it comes to the crunch

Looking good's a state of mind"

(Nenah Cherry)

No, much worse. See the first three or four postings in this thread for perfect examples, with Down-Unders as the quintessential exemplar. Here's someone who adds nothing but just seeks out threads to bash the inaccurately-termed cheerleaders. What it is that drives someone who has had a perceived (note the significance of that word) bad experience to write hate here for months--or even years--on end is beyond me.

"Dangerous" problems on Jade.:rolleyes: Give me a break. We had a great cruise on her little more than a year ago. Talk about overwrought nonsense.

Help! I've obviously missed something that might be important to me. We are scheduled to cruise on the Jade in November. I tried to search "dangerous problems on Jade" and have scanned the titles of threads for four pages, but I don't see anything that would help me understand what the problems are.

Kathy

To answer the question asked, they neither help nor harm NCL. They only harm themselves in terms of reputation on this board. When I see a so-called cheerleader post something "ra ra" I take it with a grain of salt, just as I do with people who are usually negative toward NCL. Both the cheerleaders and the booleaders are in the same category in my opinion. It is the middle of the road posters who can overcome their love and devotion for NCL (or their dislike) and see things how they actually are that are most valuable here, imho.

It is like I wrote this post ... I have seen people in my life that cannot find anything to be happy about. It is like they attract the negative. Actually, it is that they see the negative in everything. I have also seen the opposite, the people who only see the positive. What do I trust, the people, the review, the post that is somewhere in the middle.

When I read a 5 star post or review I skip it and when I see a 1 star post or review I skip it. I read all the posts in between because they will be closer to the truth.

What I have learn from this thread is that if I want to go on a cruise that the Jade offers I need to do further research. Isn't that a good thing. I am now aware there may be issues that I need to check out.

Donna

Archived