Do Carnival ships offer lifejackets for use in their pools?

AandBmom

I know there are life jackets for the muster drill and for emergency. ARe there lifejackets for recreational use? Are the lifejackets in the room sized for young children? Can my kids use their emergency life jackets in the pool?

Going on Carnival Imagination if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

The life jackets for the muster drill, emergencies, etc. may not be used in the pools and may not be taken off the ship for beach days (or what have you). They are for ship emergencies only. There should be appropriately sized vests in your cabin when you board. If not, contact your steward or housekeeping or the passenger services desk and they will get the right sized ones to you.

If your children need flotation assistance in the pools, you'll need to provide it. Most parents bring either swim vests, inflatable arm bands (water wings), or another kind of water wing (can't remember specifics). (Just an FYI if you need to know: No swim rings (the kind like colorful, inflatable inner tubes), inflatable mats, inflatable beach balls, noodles, or other items/toys are allowed in the pools.)

beachchick

And I forgot to bring some on Carnival Elation and I spent the first 2 days kicking myself. It was just a packing oversight, left the vest on the back of the couch. :eek:

They didn't sell water wings or a vest onboard in the ship's gift shop. We were stuck until we got to port.

So don't forget to bring your own.

The pools are so shallow, and you'll be right there....I wouldn't bother! Perhaps water-wings, if the kids really need that security!

A pool that is 5' deep is not shallow for a child that is under 48" tall. Elation had the pool so overfull that it was over my head. I'm 5'4 ;)

If it's one of the pools that the twister slide empties into, then the pool will be a little deeper than 5'.

A pool that is 5' deep is not shallow for a child that is under 48" tall. Elation had the pool so overfull that it was over my head. I'm 5'4 ;)

If it's one of the pools that the twister slide empties into, then the pool will be a little deeper than 5'.

We're on the CarnivalImagination. Is there an area where it's really shallow, it looks like it in the pictures - kind of like a splash pad???

My 4 year old is 42" tall so the shallow end is still "deep" for him. I don't want to have to be right in the water with him all the time. I like to sit on the edge and he can swim around in front of me wearing a life vest. I may go with water wings. I didn't think of that (maybe because I'm looking out my window at snow and forgeting what pool weather is like).

We're on the CarnivalImagination. Is there an area where it's really shallow, it looks like it in the pictures - kind of like a splash pad???

My 4 year old is 42" tall so the shallow end is still "deep" for him. I don't want to have to be right in the water with him all the time. I like to sit on the edge and he can swim around in front of me wearing a life vest. I may go with water wings. I didn't think of that (maybe because I'm looking out my window at snow and forgeting what pool weather is like).

The Carnival Imagination has already received the waterworks upgrade. So there is a mini water park that you child can play in. Here is a slide show with pictures of the waterworks ...

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/evolutionsoffun/html/inspirationIG.html

and here are some pictures of the waterworks ...

2754195100046657171S600x600Q85.jpg

2529506840102591727S600x600Q85.jpg

2910008710102591727S600x600Q85.jpg

2467388780102591727S600x600Q85.jpg

Apparently participation is limited to little girls in pink bathing suits (I'm kidding).

large_Family%20at%20Carnival%20WaterWorks.jpg

As you can see, the water is only ankle deep, so your son should be fine.

As for the pools, the Fantasy class pools (the Imagination is a Fantasy class ship) do not have the shallow edge that you will find on the Spirit class ships for example ...

C-PICT0348.jpg

If your child can't swim, bring life jacket for them (or water wings, or saftey belt ect.) The pools can often be crowded and it only takes moments for a child to go under. Only you know your child's swimming ability. Flotation devices are very light and really don't take up much room in your luggage. They are also useful on a tender or at the beach.

A&BMom - yes Imagination went through the upgrade - so you'll be fine cause you'll have the shallow water. We didn't have that on Elation.

Apparently participation is limited to little girls in pink bathing suits (I'm kidding).

HAHAHAHAHAHA! What's ironic is that we have those EXACT swimsuits here! I swear! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A&B maybe there is something to that pink swimsuit thing!

246.jpg

600791-R1-05-64A_006.jpg

A&BMom - yes Imagination went through the upgrade - so you'll be fine cause you'll have the shallow water. We didn't have that on Elation.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! What's ironic is that we have those EXACT swimsuits here! I swear! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! A&B maybe there is something to that pink swimsuit thing!

246.jpg

600791-R1-05-64A_006.jpg

I think my boys would look and feel a little silly in pink :D

Thanks for the info. I'll throw a couple of deflated water wings in my suitcase as they don't take up hardly any room at all. I'm sure my boys will stick with the shallow splash pad for the most part and only go in the deeper water when we're all swimming as a family.

Archived