what airline from Seattle to Anchorage?

compozer

I think it will be much less to fly round trip to Seattle and stay a day or two then find a flight to Anchorage for the start of our land trip. Any suggestions for flights?

thanks

Is there a certain day of the week that sales start? Years ago I thought someone said wait until Wednesday.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Try the Alaska Airlines site. Put your departure city and destination city and dates, then click on the fare calendar. It'll show you the prices between those destinations for each of the dates in that month.

I don't think you'll find better fares than Alaska airlines, but I could be wrong.

I think it will be much less to fly round trip to Seattle and stay a day or two then find a flight to Anchorage for the start of our land trip. Any suggestions for flights?

thanks

Is there a certain day of the week that sales start? Years ago I thought someone said wait until Wednesday.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

There are two airlines that fly ANC-SEA non-stop;

CO/Continental have 2 non-stops/day in the summer

AS/Alaska Air have 21 non-stops/day in the summer

thanks Scottbee,

I haven't had a chance to do anything yet.

IS the weekend a good time to book or might prices go down next week? Or don't they go on sale and I better get them booked before they are sold out???

The sales are basically over. Big sales in mid October-mid November. NO ONE knows what prices airlines charge from minute to minute. When you find a price that is fair and you are comfortable with, BOOK IT. Do not wait-that fare may be gone in a few minutes.

You may want to reassess your idea. One way fares from SEA to ANC for most of the summer are running $300 pp. PLUS the flight RT to Seattle. Still going to cost you at least $550pp from most places in the USA even if you book a cheapie RT on SouthWest.

compozer, your location shows as "midwest". Alaska as well as other airlines has flights from Chicago to Anchorage. I'm assuming that your land trip is before a cruise that ends in Seattle. You could then book Seattle to Chicago for your return flight.

Thanks for all the help.

We are close to Milwaukee and usually get a hotel by the airport and let them shuttle us in the morning and leave the car at the hotel. I hate flying out of Chicago.

Yes, the land is first.

I'm late on booking thanks to a terrible TA but I'm done being upset with her. Have new TA that found the cruisetour but want to do air myself since I'm still trying to figure out if we want to stay in Seattle a couple days and we do want to see Vancouver. We originally were suppose to start in Vancouver and do the land last. That would have been easier. Sold out so now we do land first.

I was thinking we could fly into Seattle, stay two days, fly to Anchorage, do land tour, do cruise, and stay 2 to 3 days in Vancouver and then get to Seattle to fly home. I had fopund some reasonable roundtrips to Seattle but I guess it would be easier to do Seattle and Vancouver on the return. We had wanted to be home by Memorial Day - that's why we wanted to do Vancouver first.

Maybe some of you are more experienced in that area. Not even sure what we want to see but figured I better get started and get something booked before flights are sold out.

thanks again for the suggestions.

Archived