Whta are the best excursions?

tkjohn25

Hello everybody! We are going on the Serenade in May and was wondering what is the best thing to do and see at each port. We are going to Barbados, St Lucia, Antiqua, St Maarten, and St Croix. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John.

I would recommend Cosol's Tours in St. Lucia. You get the best of everything St. Lucia has to offer and Cosol is very outgoing and sure to make it a fun day. Just google Cosol Tours, St. Lucia and you'll find his website.

We were recently on Serenade and went to some of those ports. In St. Maarten we used Joyce Prince and had an amazing time. In Antigua we went on the public bus to Valley Church Beach which was the best $6 we ever spent! In St. Lucia we went with Spencer rather than Cosol and it was wonderful. Not knocking Cosol at all, but one edge that Spencer has IMHO is that he's buddies with the guy what works the gate to Jalouise beach resort, so we were actually able to drive all the way in instead of taking the water taxi. It was nice to have that added benefit, which also allowed us to get there in time for the free chairs rather than having to pay $20 each for them! You would have lots of luck looking on the ports of call boards and search out each of these operators that are mentioned - there is quite a bit of info there.

HTH :)

Barbados. Proceed past the dock and the screaming "taxi" drivers and catch a local cab to The Welcome Inn. 5 bucks? Pretend you are a local and have a blast! Grab a few beers on the beach and wait for your cruise ship companions to come over to your beach about 2 hours after you via $120.00 catamarans, for an hour and a half, while you enjoy the whole day. :cool:

It's been @ 5-6 years, but here's what we did at those stops:

Barbados-Atlantis Submarine. A nice experience, but I wasn't 100% thrilled with the sights. It was neat, but a little slow for my tastes.

St Lucia-we walked around port, should have done something. We didn't want to stray too far from the main area around the ship.

Antigua-We did the 4x4 off road tour. Took Land Rover trucks (seats in the back bed under a canopy w/seatbelts) all around the island's inner areas including driving past a rastafarian camp, through the rainforest area, up steep climbs, and through mud. Shirts were ruined, but we were expecting that. Stopped at a beach for an hour at the end. Very fun, would do again.

St Maartin-Rhino Riders tour around island. Also very fun. They're small flat bottom jet-ski type things with 25hp motors. Open ocean waves, follow a guide around to other side of island and snorkel for a while, then back. Would do it agian.

Haven't been to St Croix.

In all our years of cruising.....I've found that the best excursions were the ones I researched and planned myself. These boards are filled with all the information you need to plan something perfect for you. It takes a little work, but I have always been rewarded. Have fun!

Archived