Reyno Tours or Beno Tour in Dominica?

gam888

Have a choice between the two operators. Reyno tour is $40 and Beno is $50. Beno claims he is taking passengers to less crowded places and only 5 people in his van. Heard good reviews about Bumpiing tour but they are fully booked on the day we are in port. Could you please share your experience with Reyno Tour or with Beno? Thanks!

We have used Reyno twice and have been completely satisfied on both occasions. On both tours, we worked with Reyno to choose the stops we wanted to see; he will customize a tour for you. Reyno's vans are very comfortable and have good A/C. Reyno provides a guide on his tours. We had Rosalyn both times. She provided narration on our drive around the island and then accompanied us on our hikes, pointing out plant life and wildlife, which made the hike very interesting and personal. Reyno also has several vans and drivers available, so can accommodate large groups if needed.

We have used Beno on two occasions most recently this past January. We have always enjoyed Beno's professionalism and charisma. I acn't speak to Reyno never having used his services but Beno provides an exemplary tour customized to your itinerary. He has always been gracious in allowing our interests to guide the tour staying longer where we wished and moving along when we felt we'd seen and eaten enough.

The small group experience is defnitely a plus as Beno is willing to accomodate you in whatever means is necessary. Count on his experience to know how much you can see during your port of call time ashore. We have never felt rushed and we've always made it back to the pier with sufficient time to poke around the town and indulge our souvenir shopping habits.

We love Reyno:)

We have used Reyno twice and have been completely satisfied on both occasions. On both tours, we worked with Reyno to choose the stops we wanted to see; he will customize a tour for you. Reyno's vans are very comfortable and have good A/C. Reyno provides a guide on his tours. We had Rosalyn both times. She provided narration on our drive around the island and then accompanied us on our hikes, pointing out plant life and wildlife, which made the hike very interesting and personal. Reyno also has several vans and drivers available, so can accommodate large groups if needed.

We have used both operators in the past.We used Beno last week in Dominica.He was very informative on flora and fauna as well scenery.He also beat all the tour buses to the falls which in itself is worth the price.His van is comfortable and roomy and he is an excellent driver.The excursion was well worth the price.

What would the cost be for 2 people to use either operator for an island tour for about 4-5 hours? Also do we need to book before going on our cruise in April or can we book with one of them the day we get off the ship in Dominica ? willard

Hi, Willard! Typically, the cost with Reyno Tours for a tour to say, Trafalgar Falls, the Emerald Pool and Mr Nice Fruit Stand is $40 pp. It is a good idea to book with him in advance, as, although he does have several vans and drivers available, sometimes large groups book him up. However, if it is just the two of you, and you want to take a chance, you can wait until the day you are in port, walk across the street from the pier, ask anyone for Reyno Tours, and they'll direct you to where his tours are collecting. Then, if there is space available, and if where the group is going appeals to you, you can join that tour at the last minute. You can email Reyno Tours to discuss some options at reynotours@gmail.com We've toured twice with him and always have a great time.

We have used both operators in the past.We used Beno last week in Dominica.He was very informative on flora and fauna as well scenery.He also beat all the tour buses to the falls which in itself is worth the price.His van is comfortable and roomy and he is an excellent driver.The excursion was well worth the price.

Where did Beno take you?

We just finished a cruise a few weeks ago and once again had Beno as our tour guide. This was the 3rd time that we have had Beno take us around his beautiful island. He has always been able to get us to popular places before the major crowds arrive and brings us places that most don't get to see. Beno has also become a good friend, he is just that kind of guy. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a wonderful and professional tour guide.

My husband and I took a tour with Beno last week and were very happy with the day. He was very nice, interesting, accomodating, and knowledgeable and truly wanted us to have a good tour. He was easy to work with and waiting for us when we got off the ship. I recommend him highly.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I booked a private tour with Reyno Tours right after we disembarked from Adventure of the Seas a couple weeks ago. We had a private tour with guide David to Middleham Falls and we were on our way back from the falls when we passed a large group coming up. It was nice to have a private tour and hike at our own pace. We had time then to visit Trafalgar Falls, a boiling pit, and drive through the botanical gardens. A combined tour including Middleham Falls was not available through the ship and we felt we received a good value also. David was friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. I recommend him and Reyno Tours.

• 2 weeks later...

We took Beno tours and had a blast. Beno met us at the jetty, his descriptions were spot on and he was very easy to find. The tour coach was clean and Beno and our guide for the day were extremely courteous. All in all, we had a great day.

Here are a few of our pictures:

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

Regards

Paul

We were not happy with Reyno Tours. I booked the tour with him rather early - when the time came for the trip, he led another tour. We had a guide who was less than satisfactory - she a very nice person but was very hard to understand. Reyno had three buses going out that day. since I booked first I thought that he should have gone with us.

I had a group of 14 - by the time that we got to the vehicle, he had other people filling the seats. It was only after I made a fuss that he had my people replace the outsiders.

I would not book with Reyno again. He seems more concerned with filling his vehicles than honoring his commitments.

I've used Beno 5 times before, the last time in December. Always professional. You can visit his website at http://www.benonaturetours.com/

For something a bit different, google Screws Spa. We went there in December and had so much fun. Its a natural hot spring spa. It's $10 to get in and you get fresh fruit when you leave the hot tubs. There are about 6 that you go in, starts off warm to very hot. You can combine this with a tour of the island, Trafalgar Falls if you want. Beno is a good choice.

My vote is for Beno. My group toured with him just last week. He is an excellent driver, which is an AMAZING feat on the roads of Dominica! :eek: His van is comfortable, clean, has a/c, and Beno provides a cooler full of cold drinks. He is such a nice person, and never makes you feel rushed at all. I would use him again in half a heartbeat.

We used Reyno last week. Less than stellar to say the least. I wanted to snorkel at Champange and visit the Soufriere Hot Springs. Reyno quoted $160 for 3 of us. Our guide seemed like he would rather be doing something else. We went first to Scotts Head - which had nice views, then we stopped at the Church in Soufriere where there was a cold pool at the edge of the ocean and a small hot pool (too hot to put your feet in) - this is not the Hot Springs I wanted to see. The snorkeling was great, but we could have paid much less for a taxi to Champange and just snorkeled.

Just got back from a tour with Beno last week, had a great time. Just 4 of us, first went to Mr Nice's fruit stand - got there before everyone else which was nice because we could stay as long as we wanted, great fruit. Then to the Emerald Pool ($5 pp to enter) and finally to Jacko Falls ($3 pp to enter). You could swim at Emerald but not at Jacko. A little pricey at $280 plus the entry fees and we tipped on top of this, but overall a great tour on a beautiful island. I would recommend Beno to everyone

• 4 months later...

We spent a day with Beno in December of 2008 and are looking forward to going to Dominica in January of 2011

We were interested in booking with Beno again but hadn't seen much about him on the Dominica board so I was concerned that he wasn't doing tours anymore.

Last time, we did a trip to the Caribe Indian territory. We'd be interested in getting some more baskets but don't necessarily want to make the trip back over there again.

One of the pictures on this post was of someone making baskets - where was that taken?

where would you suggest we have him take us this next time?

My husband and I booked a tour with Dominica on August 17th while on a port stop from the Carnival Victory. We had reserved a private tour and wanted to hike Middleham Falls and swim at TiTou Gorge. Beno met us at the pier and drove us in his van to the hike entry point, sharing the history of his beautiful island and pointing out some of its nature highlights along the way. We hiked to the falls and it was definitely worth the walk...a gorgeous waterfall in the midst of the rainforest. Beno also accompanied my adventurous husband who wanted to hike down to the rocks at the fall's base! We then visited TiTou Gorge and had a cool and invigorating swim through the cave to the edge of another roaring waterfall. During both our hike and our swim we only saw one other small group of people and it felt like we had beautiful nature of Dominica all to ourselves! On the way back to the ship Beno also took us thru the Botanical Gardens, pointing out the native trees and flora. Beno is truly an ambassador to his beautiful island and you will not regret booking a tour with him. We will definitely return to Dominica for further adventures with our new friend!

My husband and I booked a tour with Beno Nature Tours of Dominica on August 17th while on a port stop from the Carnival Victory. We had reserved a private tour and wanted to hike Middleham Falls and swim at TiTou Gorge. Beno met us at the pier and drove us in his van to the hike entry point, sharing the history of his beautiful island and pointing out some of its nature highlights along the way. We hiked to the falls and it was definitely worth the walk...a gorgeous waterfall in the midst of the rainforest. Beno also accompanied my adventurous husband who wanted to hike down to the rocks at the fall's base! We then visited TiTou Gorge and had a cool and invigorating swim through the cave to the edge of another roaring waterfall. During both our hike and our swim we only saw one other small group of people and it felt like we had beautiful nature of Dominica all to ourselves! On the way back to the ship Beno also took us thru the Botanical Gardens, pointing out the native trees and flora. Beno is truly an ambassador to his beautiful island and you will not regret booking a tour with him. We will definitely return to Dominica for further adventures with our new friend!

We took Beno tours and had a blast. Beno met us at the jetty, his descriptions were spot on and he was very easy to find. The tour coach was clean and Beno and our guide for the day were extremely courteous. All in all, we had a great day.

Here are a few of our pictures:

DSC_0378.jpg

Regards

Paul

Paul,

Where was this picture taken? Did you do one of Beno's 'regular' tours or is this something custom that he put together for you?

We went to the Caribe Indian territory in 12/2008 with Beno and will be in Dominica again in 1/2011. We're interested in getting some additional baskets but don't really want to go all the way over there again because we'd like to see a different part of the island.

Lcmslady,

There is/was a group of Caribe craft tables outside the entrance to Trafalgar Falls and they do/did have some baskets and fans like what is in the photo. I bought a fan there. We were with Reyno Tours and our guide, Rosalyn, had been talking to us about the Caribe Indian crafts and that there would be a few places where we'd be able to purchase them. I was very happy to find my fan and I still have it. It was very well made.

Hope this helps!

Lcmslady,

There is/was a group of Caribe craft tables outside the entrance to Trafalgar Falls and they do/did have some baskets and fans like what is in the photo. I bought a fan there. We were with Reyno Tours and our guide, Rosalyn, had been talking to us about the Caribe Indian crafts and that there would be a few places where we'd be able to purchase them. I was very happy to find my fan and I still have it. It was very well made.

Hope this helps!

Paul,

That does help! I bought a fan and a basket when we went to the Caribe Indian village/territory but it's clear on the other side of the island. It's helpful to know that we might be able to find some at other places on the island.

• 1 month later...

We were on an Emerald Princess cruise and visited Dominica late September. Decided to do a morning tour with Beno, found on the internet at http://www.benonaturetours.com for $45.:) This was an excellent decision; Beno showed us his beautiful island, took us to Mr. Nice’s fruit stand, to Emerald Falls and to Jacko Falls. He used a ten passenger van, and we were soon good friends. When we arrived at each of our stops, we were the only people there, a definite advantage when there was a large cruise ship in port with many passengers on board. Beno is very knowledgeable, generous, accommodating and interested in pleasing his customers. I would recommend his tour to those visiting the beautiful Dominica.

Archived