How Common Are Price Drops?

TXRoo

I am planning on getting a D1 balcony room on the Rhapsody for the 9/18/05 sailing and the price for two people total is approx. $1764.

I have just a couple of questions...

1) The TA said that unlike Carnival, RCI does automatic refunds/discounts for passengers already booked if the price of the cruise reduces. Is this correct? Or do you have to watch the prices yourself and then request the refund/discount like Carnival makes you do?

2) Are price drops/senior discounts common on Sept. bookings?

3) If any of you were betting people, what would be our odds for getting a discount/refund?

I'm not offended or complaining about the price, but every little bit off the price means more money I can use to do the stuff we want to in port. :D

Thanks in advance!

TXRoo

TXRoo, since the new "no discounting" policy took effect so recently I don't know if anyone will be able to answer your question. Pricing is so different now.

September is usually the best time for deals in the caribbean as it is high season for hurricanes and the kiddies are back in school. Drops in price are rare unless a ship is not filling up. Lots of times the suites will go "on sale". Might not save you hard cash but you could get a better cabin for the same as what you are currently paying. I would still check RCCL's website often and not rely on anyone to automatically give you the best deal.

Have a great cruise..the Rhapsody is a wonderful, friendly ship!

My cruise priced dropped $100 pp a couple months before sailing.It didn't automatically drop I had to call my agent and have her call RCI and change it.The woman I booked with on the ship said if you book directly with RCI it will automatically change.

RCI does not automatically give price reductions. Periodically check the pricing on your sailing and if you see a drop in price call your TA and have her call RCI to get the reduction. I've done this quite a few times in the past and have never had a problem.

Archived