Grandeur of the Seas

Can anyone tell me anything about the ship? I've read many, many, reviews and have gotten a lot of information on servers and food. However, as a first time cruiser, I'm looking for more information on rooms, best places to 'hang out' on board (I'm cruising with my best friend - 2 22-year-olds), are there any 'secret hiding places' that many people don't frequent?

We have booked an oceanside cabin on D2, which I've already been informed is kind of a hassle, but I think we'll be fine.

We're sailing 6/10-14 and stopping in Key West and Cozumel. Any excursion recommendations?

Any pictures other than what RC has on their website? I've looked through the pictures on CC but it got draining, seems most of the pictures are of the newer, exciting boats!

:D:D:D

I will be going on Granduer for the first time six weeks from today.:D I have been on several of her sister ships (Splendour, Legend, and Enchantment). It's funny to hear people call these small or intimate. My advice is to just wander all over the ship. You'll find lots of great places. The Schooner bar is a favorite of mine. Also, the Viking Crown Lounge for after dinner/after show drinks. I'll be sure to get her all ready for you.:)

Great ship, ive been on her sister ship the Vision of the Seas, and i had an exciting time. The Vision class ships (which is what Grandeur is in) are the ships in RCI that arnt to small and not to big. They are my favorite class of ship if you like entertainment without huge crowds or a vegas-like enviornment. Im only 15, and they bring enough fun for a teen and an adult with a variety of activities for both of them. I hope you enjoy your cruise.

The Grandeur is beautiful and has the nicest Schooner Bar (well, compared to the Majesty and the Liberty). That's my favorite place to hang out on the Grandeur and the Enchantment.

If you like kayaking, RCCL has a nice, pretty inexpensive 1/2-day kayak excursion with a great company in Key West. It's run by two women who have a dog and the dog goes on the excursion with you.

2uh671i.jpg

We have done two cruises on the Grandeur. Most recently was a Christmas cruise this past December. While we had a good time, we noticed an overwhelming sewer odor in hallways and coming from our shower. It was extremely strong. I would have to make sure and place a wash cloth or towel over the shower drain just to keep the odor at bay.

We love this size of ship, but I'm unsure we'll be cruising the Grandeur again. We were on a lower deck due to the fact that this was planned last minute. Don't know if this was the reason for the odor, however, we've sailed other RCCL ships and not had this experience. I had read this complaint here on CC and this time we experienced it.

We're sailing 6/10-14 and stopping in Key West and Cozumel. Any excursion recommendations?

:D:D:D

I will be on that same sailing! I too have been looking for info and have found there isn't much out there. I was on the Enchantment a year and 1/2 ago, which is a very similar ship.

It depends on what type of activities you are looking for. The Schooner Bar is a nice hang-out at all hours, just as someone else mentioned.

I don't think an Oceanside D2 will be hassle at all!

You will love this ship can't say anything bad about it. Lots of places to hang out. The entertainment was particularly good, family shows and adult only comedians - very funny. Lots to do for all ages.

In Key West we just did our own thing and walked around and explored. You can also catch the conch train (think that's what it is called) just at the harbour that will take you around the town and you get a bit of commentary at the same time.

Enjoy:cool:

We were on the Grandeur in November. It was our first time going on a "smaller" ship. It was a great vacation, different from the "voyager" class. Our favorite bartender was Randall at the pool bar. He was so nice and personable. Jeff the beverage waiter out by the pool was a hustler, he was nice to you when you were ordering drinks from him, god forbid you order from someone else! We really liked Capt. Rob he was also very accessible and funny. We felt the bigger ships have better places to "hang out". The Grandeur does have your usual bars but we missed the promenade feeling. It was a great time, but if had to choose would go for the bigger ship next time.

Can somebody comment on OP's post about D2 Oceanview rooms? Why are these not favorable?

A few 'frequent cruisers' I've talked to said it's just a hassle being on lowest deck, only because if you're up by the pool and realize you forgot something (camera, chapstick, sunscreen) that it just takes a while to get from top to bottem and back up again. I'm not too worried. I'll be happy as long as I'm out of Wisconsin :D

A few 'frequent cruisers' I've talked to said it's just a hassle being on lowest deck, only because if you're up by the pool and realize you forgot something (camera, chapstick, sunscreen) that it just takes a while to get from top to bottem and back up again. I'm not too worried. I'll be happy as long as I'm out of Wisconsin :D

Look at it like this... when your on a lower floor you can eat more because you get more exercise!!! I take the stairs as much as I can. My mother and I are on the 2nd floor, that's rock bottom. No biggie!

Look at it like this... when your on a lower floor you can eat more because you get more exercise!!! I take the stairs as much as I can. My mother and I are on the 2nd floor, that's rock bottom. No biggie!

Lower deck=eating more -- I like the way you think!

My friend and I are also on D2--maybe we'll be neighbors!

I read on RCCL.com that the Viking Lounge Turns into a "Night Club" What kind of atmosphere? Is there a dance club?

I'm wondering the same thing...

As well as what age guests this ship attracts. I'll be doing a 4 night cruise to Key West and Cozumel. :)

Archived