What excursion did you do?

Angel59920

We used Bumpiing Tours, a company run by Levi Barron and very popular (for good reason) around here. They have several different tours you can take, all showing you the natural beauty of Dominica (waterfalls, rainforest, thermal springs, etc.). Do a search on here or let me know if you have any questions about our experience.

http://www.bumpiingtours.com

Hi,

If you are looking for a private 6 person or less tour then this is the best tour ever! Here is my reveiw that has been posted under member reviews.

Dominica

This was our 3rd or 4th visit to Dominica. This was the most anticipated stop for me. I booked several weeks before leaving on the cruise a private tour for the day with Woody Dominica. This was by far the best tour out of 14 cruises or out of 95+ days of cruising. Simply the BEST!

Don't miss out on this tour if your planning on visiting Dominica.

Our day began with meeting Woody at the pier. He was waiting on the street next to the Royal Canada(I think) bank. He had a sign held high up so we could clearly see him. He's 6'5 so it's not so hard!! Our group of 6 & Woody proceed to his Land Rover Defender. Seating was 4 inside & 2 outside. He showed us a map of where he would be taking us for the day. We made many stops for photo ops & he was full of knowledge. We beat the crowd to Jaco falls & had some nice pictures taken there as well. We never felt rushed just took our time looking around. There was a guy there offering fresh fruits, sugar cane, etc. you could enjoy & donations were accepted. At this point we were ready for Woody's homemade rum punch! He also had local beer, 2 bottle of wine (at our request), water, fruits & homemade breads. Again along the way he always showed us on a map of our next stop. Once we got by the river tubing area, he told us this is the final place that the cruise lines will stop their tours. It was nice to know that we wouldn't be seeing anyone else until we got back to the ship! My favorite stop- he took us down a steep path (off roading) down to a secluded beach.I have to say it was beautiful. Paradise. We had 1 1/2 hours there to swim, play, eat & drink. There was only 2 other people on the beach that are locals & they come this beach everyday. Woody took time out to talk to us, swim, take pictures. It was a perfect day in paradise. We left the beach the same way we came (off roading). We stopped a few more times for some history & photo ops. When we returned to the port it was sad to say our goodbyes but I know we'll be friends forever. He is a gentleman, professional, kind, knowledgeable, and handsome too! I just can't say enough about our day with him. You would be amazed at how reasonable his tour cost is for all the privacy!! Carnival has a port rating with 5+ being the highest. I'm telling you this was a 10+ rated tour.

Check it out under the boards & thread. Or visit:

www dot woodydominica dot shutterfly dot com

Enjoy your day in Dominica whatever you choose to do!! This is truly a must see island!!!!

Happy Sailing!

If you want to try something off the regular tourist path.

We booked a tour with Richard and Jeffery from Cocoa Cottages in the

Roseau Valley. We did the Canyoning tour which they call- "Extreme

Dominica".

These guys were fantastic! Very nice, knowledgeable, and friendly host.

We had no experience, but had the most incredible experience of our

10 day southern Caribbean cruise.

DominicaTrip.jpg

We used Bumpiing Tours, a company run by Levi Barron and very popular (for good reason) around here. They have several different tours you can take, all showing you the natural beauty of Dominica (waterfalls, rainforest, thermal springs, etc.). Do a search on here or let me know if you have any questions about our experience.

http://www.bumpiingtours.com

I strongly second the recommendation of Levi. Last week he was waiting for us on the dock. He took 6 of us from Azamara Journey on his tour of "Roseau Valley Treasures", which included Trafalgar Falls and other very tropical mountain sights. The last stop was at the beach and he accompanied us snorkeling over Champagne Reef.

It was a great introduction to the island, Levi was well-informed and personable. His van was air-conditioned and he supplied water, local sodas and beer.

We've used Reyno Tours twice. The first time we went to Trafalgar Falls, the Emerald Pool and Mr Nice Fruit Stand. We had such a good time that on our second visit to Dominica, this past Feb, we booked another tour with Reyno (and asked that Rosalind again be our guide). This time we visited Middleham Falls, Titou Gorge and Champagne Reef. Another great time with Reyno! Reyno also offers tours to the Carib Territory, where we plan to visit our next time on Dominica. Contact Reyno at reynotours@gmail.com

Another vote for Levi Baron and Bumpiing Tours. We did the Roseau Vally Best tour. Levi runs a tight ship...he's very organized and really watches out for everyone on the tour. He's also a good, safe driver, which is really important in Dominica because the roads are awful!

Hi, would you be able to tell me the price of the tour with Levi?..thanks,...looking for something other than what the ship has to offer

They have a few different tours; we did the Treasures of Roseau Valley and it was $40 pp without trip to Champagne Reef, $47 with Champagne Reef included. Keep in mind the cost of snorkel equipment as well, if you opt for Champagne Reef: $5 if you rent from Levi or his associates, $12 if you rent from the concession at the beach.

We also toured with Bumpiing last week and went to Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls -- both not to be missed. Make sure to wear appropriate shoes!! One great thing about touring with Bumpiing is that they get you there ahead of other tour groups (which is why they ask you to meet as soon as the ship docks in port). The gorge cannot accommodate tons of people, so if several tours get there at once, I imagine that you have to wait to take your turn. At both sites, we were the first ones to arrive. By the time we left, there were more people than we could count. If I had to try to enjoy the places after a long wait, or with 100 other people, it would not have been the same experience!

Thanks so much to everybody for the ideas.

Has anybody done the river tubing?

Our table mates did it and said it was fun but would have been better if the river had more water in it. Apparently they were going through a drought at that time. I plan on doing the river tubing next time we are there.

We also toured with Bumpiing last week and went to Titou Gorge and Trafalgar Falls -- both not to be missed. Make sure to wear appropriate shoes!! One great thing about touring with Bumpiing is that they get you there ahead of other tour groups (which is why they ask you to meet as soon as the ship docks in port). The gorge cannot accommodate tons of people, so if several tours get there at once, I imagine that you have to wait to take your turn. At both sites, we were the first ones to arrive. By the time we left, there were more people than we could count. If I had to try to enjoy the places after a long wait, or with 100 other people, it would not have been the same experience!

Do you have the contact info or website? This group sounds perfect~ Thanks!

Thanks so much to everybody for the ideas.

Has anybody done the river tubing?

We just returned from our cruise. We did the river tubing. We booked with carnival. The company doing the tour was Wacky Rollers. there were some issues with the bus and we ended up being delayed for a few hours. carnival gave us a 20% discount. The tubing was very good, beautiful river, beautiful scenery. I was impressed with the amount of time on the river. The guides were very good. The rum punch and snacks at the end were minimal at best. I would reccomend this tour.

• 2 weeks later...
Did the tours provide towels (if you went swimming at the falls) or do you need to bring a towel from the ship?

RCCL provides you with a towel for a $20 deposit on your seapass. We did the Caribbean Cooking Experience, the swim at Titou Gorge and Screw's Sulphur Spring. Great experiences! Dominica is very beautiful and the people are very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to book with Bumpiing tours, and emailed twice from his website in the last three days, but no response. Did you have trouble getting a reply when you booked? I really would like to book this tour and have it set, and we sail in just a matter of weeks.

Thanks!

I have tried to book with Bumpiing tours, and emailed twice from his website in the last three days, but no response. Did you have trouble getting a reply when you booked? I really would like to book this tour and have it set, and we sail in just a matter of weeks.

Thanks!

Yep...email is spotty. But they do get back to you, and it worth re-sending sometimes. I got great answers to all my questions. But sometimes I had to ask twice and wait a few days.

Archived