What excursion did you do?

Angel59920

Hi all,

Feel a bit silly asking this but someone ha said that Dominique is not safe, that there are locals baying for your blood as you dock.

This is obviously not what i'm reading on here or what I've heard myself but my GF's boss has given her this horror story,

Can someone please allay her fears..we go on our cruise 17th Feb.

Many thanks,

Nick

Hi all,

Feel a bit silly asking this but someone ha said that Dominique is not safe, that there are locals baying for your blood as you dock.

This is obviously not what i'm reading on here or what I've heard myself but my GF's boss has given her this horror story,

Can someone please allay her fears..we go on our cruise 17th Feb.

Many thanks,

Nick

Oh my goodness! I cannot imagine where this story came from, but we have been to Dominica twice and have felt perfectly safe both times. We went on an independent tour both times and enjoyed ourselves. Further, when walking to meet up with our guide the first time, we were approached by other guides, as is normal in the Caribbean islands. When we told the other guides we did have a tour with a specific guide, they directed us promptly to him. After our tour both times, we had time to shop in the craft market near the pier. Again, we felt perfectly safe, and, if we browsed, but did not buy, the vendors still wished us safe travel. Where else would that happen?

I hope this makes you feel a bit more secure about visiting Dominica. It is a beautiful island with much natural beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

I booked Dominica's Favorites through Princess. I enjoyed Trafalgar Falls and the Emerald Pool. I bought more souvenirs in Dominica. Before going to Dominica, someone told me that they did not like it and described it as a bombed out looking city and third world country. Take excursions and get past the city and waterfront! I thought Dominica was beautiful.

We booked the Wacky Rollers tour through Princess and were extremely happy with the tour. Our driver was great, our guide very engaging and informative and our Wacky Roller was a fantastic vintage Land Rover cab forward rig. We enjoyed the commentary during the drive through the city and the botanic gardens. The Ti Tou Gorge was the highlight and it is worth the effort to wear your swim gear and brave the cold water. Whether you book independently or through the cruise line, I highly recommend the Wacky Rollers.

Used Beno Nature Tours and saw so, so much: Mero beack (black sand), Titou Gorge, Trafalgar Falls, Botanical Gardens. A full day. My favorite port!! I think Beno was about $50 per person, this was last year. Here is a link to my review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1178747&highlight=

Beno:benox265@hotmail.com

http://www.benonaturetours.com

• 2 months later...

My wife and I and are two kids did Woodys Off the beaten trail tour and can say that this by far was the best tour we have ever taken in our past 5 cruises. Imagine arriving via Land Rover down a trail that no typical tour van could ever go over, to a secluded beach with white sand that is not normally found on Dominicas island. You have the entire beach to yourself, a scene out of something one only dreams of. Yes other beaches in the Caribbean such as those at Aruba or St Thomas might offer whiter or softer sand, but none can offer the sense of seclusion and pure beauty that the beach that Woody takes you to.

Woody is very knowledgeable of the island, the history and is an excellent tour guide showing off areas of the island most tours do not venture to.

Highly recommended.

Archived