Cost to get to airport in Venice

jealdaka

About how much should we have to pay to get to the airport in Venice post cruise? I'm trying to decide if I need to buy the hotel package that includes transfers when booking a hotel near the airport. What are the options?

I can't remember the name if the company I used last August, but we are a family of 6 and I only paid 60e for an early morning transfer from the Celebrity Summit to Marco Polo airport. All I did was search Venice transfers online and booked direct. I paid after pick up and she came with a large Mercedes Mini Van that fit all of us plus 12 pcs of luggage. Cheaper than a taxi....

About how much should we have to pay to get to the airport in Venice post cruise? I'm trying to decide if I need to buy the hotel package that includes transfers when booking a hotel near the airport. What are the options?

If you are happy to take the bus, it is 3 Euros per person from Piazzale Roma to the airport. This is for the ATVO bus which has luggage space and takes about 20 mins It will be about 1 euro from the cruise terminal to Piazzale Roma. see http://www.europeforvisitors.com/venice

We did self disembarkation (HAL offers this, I assume other do where you carry off your own luggage, it is the only way to go), anyway we got off at 7:00 and were at the airport by something like 7:40. There was a line of taxis and it was 35 or 40E for three of us.

Kirk

Archived