Shipping wine from the states to Vancouver

Has anyone ever shipped wine from the States to the Vancouver UPS store prior to their cruise? If so, is it difficult?

With the extravagant costs of wine found in Vancouver (twice the costs of wine here), I was just thinking of shipping a few bottles of my favorite wines to the UPS store there and picking it up prior to my cruise.

Thank you for any input, as always :)

Has anyone ever shipped wine from the States to the Vancouver UPS store prior to their cruise? If so, is it difficult?

With the extravagant costs of wine found in Vancouver (twice the costs of wine here), I was just thinking of shipping a few bottles of my favorite wines to the UPS store there and picking it up prior to my cruise.

Doubt that it is possible or worth while. Normally visitors and returning residents are limited to 1 bottle each. In any case, UPS would charge an arm and a leg in brokerage. I have been charged $40 brokerage on a $35 purchase from the US by both Fedex and UPS

Just in case anyone else was interested, I called UPS this morning, and they told me that the only place that they are allowed to ship wine to in Canada is Ontario. Even then, you have to get proper licenses to do so.

Ah well, there goes that idea!

You can ship wine from the US to Canada BUT the tax and shipping will get you really really bad..oh it hurts to see see an Australian bottle in Wa. State grocery store for 6 bucks and here in BC at $14 or so.....

and yes there are Canadian federal laws for moving wine across all Provincial Borders.. Taxing (pun intended) question of looking after you local economics and industry..

you can bring that wine across from the US two 750's at a time duty free though.

The reason wine is more expensive in Canada is because they add duty and tax. So, if you try to ship it in, they will still add the duty and tax. I'd do some research on local wines that might be a better value.

Viv

You're on vacation! Anyway, I would recommend you visit a local liquor store and purchase some of the award winning wines that are Made in Canada, that you wouldn't be able to get back home. You can get an excellent BC VQA wine from the Okanagan valley for $25 or less depending on your tastes.

http://www.winebc.com/

Archived