What rate did you book at and get a discount under early saver?

gill_boo

You can choose multiple answers, $$$ is per cabin please  

146 members have voted

1. 1. You can choose multiple answers, $$$ is per cabin please

Hey everyone,

I have been seeing threads on how people are getting refunds on their early saver rates. Just wondering if there is one cabin category that gets more discounts than any other. If you have gotten a refund, let us know!

I can tell you what not to book. The bottom categories more often than not seem to sell out, so no hope of getting a price drop. Dont book a 1A, PT or 4A, .. 4Bs often sell out soon after the 4A.

Every cruise Iv booked ES, those have sold out early. The 1As have been pulled from ES rates early, even before they sold out. PTs on Fantasy class sell fast.

You are more apt to get a price drop on the more expensive cabins, that dont sell out so quickly. ... and Iv watched and watched, daily.

Hey everyone,

I have been seeing threads on how people are getting refunds on their early saver rates. Just wondering if there is one cabin category that gets more discounts than any other. If you have gotten a refund, let us know!

We booked an 8A balcony, one of the extended balconies on the Splendor last April at $709.00 PP and have received several discounts. As of the last one, it was down to $589.00. Woo hoo that's $120.00 PP off so far and we don't cruise until October. :D

I think it would be also interesting to see a poll by departure port. Galveston Im betting doesnt see many rate drops, but Calif cant see to book up its ships and Florida has great rates ... other ports not so much?

thanks frank for posting your ship info too.

I booked at $409 pp for an 8B on Sensation which are now up to $579 -- so in my mind even though I've got no OBC, I've saved $170PP by booking early.

Going to cash in ponts from one of my credit cards to get cash to put on my SS as OBC before I sail, and that's as just as good.

Booked a 4G, (2 pax)got a price drop, then got an upsell to a 9C aft wrap.

I paid only $20 more than the current price of a 4G at the time of upsell.

The original price of the 4G(at time of booking)was a rock bottom price.

Basically got the 9C for half price.

I was happy :D

I hope this make sense

I think it would be also interesting to see a poll by departure port. Galveston Im betting doesnt see many rate drops, but Calif cant see to book up its ships and Florida has great rates ... other ports not so much?

I think you're right as far as ports. We were wanting to take the Conquest for our anniversary but the prices are much higher. I also assume it's the port. It's centrally located and easy for a lot of people to get too.

I hope this make sense

Not really ;) but if you're happy then I'm happy :D

I can tell you what not to book. The bottom categories more often than not seem to sell out, so no hope of getting a price drop. Dont book a 1A, PT or 4A, .. 4Bs often sell out soon after the 4A.

Every cruise Iv booked ES, those have sold out early. The 1As have been pulled from ES rates early, even before they sold out. PTs on Fantasy class sell fast.

You are more apt to get a price drop on the more expensive cabins, that dont sell out so quickly. ... and Iv watched and watched, daily.

Maybe that is why our price is actually going up and not down. We are interior, but we are not the lowest class. I think we are 4C actually. But, the entire ship prices are going up. I guess I need to be grateful that I got the price I did and not worry about not getting any OBC.

I booked at $409 pp for an 8B on Sensation which are now up to $579 -- so in my mind even though I've got no OBC, I've saved $170PP by booking early.

Going to cash in ponts from one of my credit cards to get cash to put on my SS as OBC before I sail, and that's as just as good.

Good point! The earlier you book the better. If it goes up from there you got the best price, if it goes down you get an even better price. Can't go wrong by booking early and it's easier to pay off if you're on a budget.

On Sunday I sent a form and I hope I get it. It is only $30 but I will take it. Sailing 6/24 on the Miracle. Balcony 8C....price for 8C actually went UP for 1ST and 2ND passenger.

3RD passenger went down a lot....giving me a 30 buck savings. I haven't heard back yet.

K

I hope this make sense

Yup. Same concept applied to us on our last Ecstasy cruise. Originally booked a 4B, got enough price drops to get a lower payment, and upgraded to a 6C.

we saved some money booking ES for our balcony. we booked an 8C but it no longer appears on the website so I guess they are all sold out. I am assuming that there will be no price drops for me :(

Now you start watching the price of the 8D - if it drops to or below what you paid, you call and get an upgrade!

We are booked on the Freedom, sailing on April 24, 2010. We booked a 4F about a year in advance with ES. Prices went up, first but have now come down below what we paid. We have received a 140.00 OBC ($60.00 each for 1st and 2nd, $20.00 for 3rd)so far. Hoping it will go down a little more before we sail. I am convince ES is the way to go.

Yup. Same concept applied to us on our last Ecstasy cruise. Originally booked a 4B, got enough price drops to get a lower payment, and upgraded to a 6C.

Now you start watching the price of the 8D - if it drops to or below what you paid, you call and get an upgrade![/quote]

Thanks. I didn't know that!

You want to look at the # of cabins in that category, which of course differs by ship class. Obviously, the more cabins there are in a category, the more chance you have that that category will not sell out and there will be price reductions to clear the inventory close to sail date. The only exception to that may be the entry level A categories. Conventional wisdom would have you believe that IS guarantees would be placed in a 4A, so that category may likely sell out quicker. I don't think anyone knows their true formula for assigning cabins. But Carnival has the upper hand, here. Because they can place guarantees anywhere. So, if a category is not selling well, they can offer a pack and go or just move guarantees to those cabins so they don't have to reduce the price. For example, lets say there are 20 4B cabins on a ship, and most of them happen to be booked ES, instead of reducing the price on the remaining cabins and having to pay out to the ES folks, they can just upgrade IS guarantee people to fill category of 4B. I think it's all smoke and mirrors. I booked ES last year and didn't get any reduction and I don't expect to this year either, but I did save money up front. I think the only way it may benefit other than that is if it is a really light sailing and there is a lot of availability.

I booked 4A ... today I got a price drop!!!!! woohoo!!!! appx $100. We are sailing on the lido for seven days on the Triumph and will each pay appx $430 each after taxes. Can't beat that price. Wait, maybe we will. :D

I have to say that I did a balcony on ES and saved over $200 and also saved another $300+ because I found a TA who happened to be doing a group cruise for my cruise (just dumb luck) and got a ES Group rate

Actually we saved $100 per person on our cruise in January with ES.

we saved some money booking ES for our balcony. we booked an 8C but it no longer appears on the website so I guess they are all sold out. I am assuming that there will be no price drops for me :(

This got me thinking..... with the changes in cabin categories, this seems to have worked to Carnival's advantage. We're booked in an 8D balcony for our upcoming cruise, and when I've checked recently the lowest balcony available has been 8E. So, it looks like no OBC for us.

I'm not unhappy with what we are paying (although if I'd have gotten a committment earlier from the others in our party we could have saved $60 each - but that's a whole nother story), and we have no interest in being "upgraded", but it sure would be nice to see a price drop. Right now it's $150 MORE per person than what we paid!

firefly you were so helpful (and right I might add) about ES and my particular situation..I stayed with FS and was glad I did, they pulled the 9c category from my sailing completely...which is an aft wrap on the liberty..so I will not be expecting a price drop in that category at all..

Your right about it varing by port. I only cruise from NO, Mobile, or Galvastan, and when I compare my cruise to ones from FLA, mine always seem to be higher.

wow your cruises are all so inexpensive, my is 1009 for ES..I am in FS category cannot do ES at this time and would not make any difference anyway, everything in 9C has been pulled off..I am paying 1149 for my FS.. they have taken all the 9C off our sailing, don't know if they are sold or not..is that a really expensive rate that I am paying even though it is an aft wrap.?

Archived