Paying for a cruise

themaxydog

Hello all.

I am looking for information from those of you who have booked through the NCL web site. If I book a cruise can I log on, lets say once a month, and make a payment towards my cruise. I am trying to avoid the lump sum payment before the cruise and just spread the load a little. I am paid monthly so it will be easier to budget.

Also if there is a substancial price drop before we sail is it easier or harder to deal direct with NCL for a upgrade or an onboard credit.

John

1.) Make minimum down payment

2.) Make final payment (due date based on cruise - see link below)

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions

The longer you wait for final payment, the more leverage you have if prices go down.

I would use the site to see what is available and then call NCL to book. They may be able to look for promotions and then you have someone to call prior to final payment to ask about any last minute discounts or upgrades.

One thing to remember when making payments. The website will not accept a payment of less than $100. If the payment you wish to make is smaller than that amount, just call an NCL rep...or your PCC and they can take the payment for the smaller amount over the phone.

I worked with not quite a TA (I guess I can't mention who on here, but it is a company that does timeshare exchanges also--don't know if they qualify as TA) and I arranged to break my fare into ten equal payments, so once a month they charge my credit card the agreed-upon amount. It's the least painful way to do this, at least for me! They were glad to do that, said it was no problem and they do it all the time!

Archived