Cabin crawls

emen822

One of the ladies on our last cruise organized the Room Crawl along with a Poker run. She kept it at 10 Rooms and from our Roll Call, asked for differant Categories from an Inside, OV, Balcony, to a Suite of any size. She kept it to 2 rooms of each category so we could see the differant locations. She made up flyers to hang on the doors so we knew the rooms, along with a list so we could follow along. As we each entered the room, we drew a card, it was recorded and then we moved to the next room until we got to the final room. The person with the highest hand, won. $10 PP.

The suite was the last room visted and the couples in that suite could have something set up for snacks. This can be handled differantly depending on the Roll Call.

Badlands we had over 20 on the Room Crawl but not all 20 were in a room at the sametime, except the 1st room, then it got separated out as we moved along and each went at their own pace.

I've been invited to attend, but quite frankly have never had any interest in people entering my cabin. Nor do I want to enter someone elses cabin unless they are good friends.

I agree - but I know some folks love these cabin crawls. While I might like to see a couple other categories of cabins, I'm still not interested. All it takes is one bout with Noro (Princess a couple years ago) to realize that the fewer folks in and out of your room, the "healthier" your cabin is.

For those who enjoy crawls though, keep on keepin' on! :)

Having done many a cabin crawl my suggestions would be:

Show at least one inside cabin and Ocean Views, We seen some pretty nice OV's on the Oasis that I would not hestitate to book. Balconies and suites are not in everyones budget but are probably in their dreams and are definetly a must see.

Also have a printed "route" to give everyone before you start your tour. It is disappointing waiting outside the cabin waiting for the rest of the tour to catch up until we learn where the next cabin was. Even though the "owner" might not be there, at least we could head in that direction instead of filling up the hallway with folks wondering where we are going next.:)

Start out by having lunch in the MDR as a group or after the crawl.

I really enjoy crawls and usually are a good time.

The whole point of the cabin crawl is to see the other types of cabins. Our last cabin is an owners suite, which I've never seen and I'm hoping I can book one of these days :D since I usually book a regular balcony and a PR room. I'm not asking to spend the night with them. :rolleyes::D

Thanks for all the suggestions/ideas. We are also planning a slot pull. We did that on our last cruise and had a great time. The poker thing sounds interesting too.

Mary

I've never heard of a cabin crawl! Do you just go into other cabins and look at them so you can see what they are like, or do you spend the night in them?

Felicia

Let me add for our scheduled Cabin Crawl, the individuals of that cabin were in their rooms, some had their doors opened already. The group arrived usually in small numbers, because as the crawl continued, the ones who had seen a room moved unto the next. The only time it was crowded, was at the first room and beginning of the Poker draw. The one snag however, the person handling the poker, was always lagging behind the group as they took down the name and what card you had pulled. We didn't keep the card, just drew one, it was recorded and put pack into the deck. I would recommend doing a poker draw at a differant time, unless we all left as a group to each room.

No....Where would all those people sleep? :confused:

As I mentioned, I'd never done one, and actually have never even heard of it. Apparently, I'm in a group by myself, as I read that someone on here had done several. It sounds like fun.

What I was thinking was you'd have something like a mix for the night...like I get your cabin and you get mine, so we can both get a feel for the cabins, rather than just walking in and seeing the cabin, then leaving. I wasn't thinking we'd all have a spend-the-night party! LOL. Perhaps that's something for another type of cruise, right?!

Felicia

I agree - but I know some folks love these cabin crawls. While I might like to see a couple other categories of cabins, I'm still not interested. All it takes is one bout with Noro (Princess a couple years ago) to realize that the fewer folks in and out of your room, the "healthier" your cabin is.

For those who enjoy crawls though, keep on keepin' on! :)

I feel the same way. I'm not so worried about Noro, though. I guess now with the descriptions of what people do, I see why people like them, but it doesn't sound like something I'd do. Besides, our cabin is always a mess!!! :eek: We usually are cruising just to get away from it all and not do anything anyway.

I have volunteered to be the host of the last 2 Cabin Crawls last December and May. Had a terrific turnout on both and lots of lots of FUN!!!!

We always do a Poker Run along with it and you need to have help, it is a 2 person operation. So........LIKE IT OR NOT.....I drag my partner in to the FUN. He always is a good sport about helping :) I always have at least 10 different cabins invovled......Start after the M & M and always try to get an Owners Cabin to end it in. We usually will have a party in that Cabin to do the results of the Poker Run. I always bring stuff on board as a token of appreciation the the show'ers......Our last Cruise on the Radaince OTS in Dec.....I did a decorating contest with prizes and WOW!!!!!......I thought we did a good job but you should have seen many of the other rooms. INCREDIABLE! That one was 13 cabins and probably 80 people. I am taking a back seat on our May Cruise since it was already organized and they are doing it on the Last Day of the Cruise which will be interesting.....Never done that before......But I will be the Host for the Halloween Cruise on the Oasis and have lots of Surprises in store for all.....After all it is going to be Halloween. Might need to ship stuff to the hotel before we board to make it easier to handle. By all means...do the Cabin Crawls, Poker Runs, Bar Crawls.....they are way too much FUN!!!!!!

Mike

This is a small part of our room on the Radiance......there was so much more but way too many pictures I would have to post!

IMG_0461.jpg?t=1267331956

I organized our Cabin crawl / Poker Run on our Radiance cruise. We had 13 cabins and went bottom to top. As people in our CC group voluntered their cabins I kept track so we had no 2 alike. Everyone had a deck of cards and at the end we met in the Viking Crown Lounge for the winning hands. As we had so many people we had best, 2nd, 3rd and worst hands. I think the best hand won $75 and the lowest was $35. We had a map and printed route ready at our M&M to hand out. After the M&M we all headed out, took about 2 hours and we had a ball! We all got to see the different cabin types for future bookings.

Kevin

O.k... I am definitely checking out when you are cruising next! Would love to participate with such a fun group!!!! We are getting warmed up with our M & M for our 4-10-10 Oasis trip, but I am a newbie when it comes to Cabin Crawls, so not sure if ours will happen or not. Would love to see you all on a future cruise... thanks for sharing!! :D

We helped with a poker crawl on FOS a few months ago. Here are a few of the basics that we did:

Limit the crawl to no more than 52 players. That way, one deck of cards will be enough for each room to hand out.

I made up some forms that were printed ahead of time. I would recommend not printing the room numbers, as there were some unknowns and late changes. When people registered, they were given their card and the room number were written on the card. That way everybody knew where the next cabin was.

Limit the number of rooms. I would say no more than 7, we used 6. Anything above 5 means people will get to pick their best 5 cards. We had a Family Suite, a JS, a hump balcony, a bubble balcony, and an aft balcony, and an inside promenade.

We met at the Sky bar, collected the 5$ per poker player, players got the card and filled in their name and the room numbers. The room hosts plus about 5 additional left first. Groups of 10 left about every 5 to 10 minutes. At the first room, the room host showed the room, the guests left and the host stayed with the room. Each of the following groups arrived about the time the previous group was leaving. The host gave each player a card, and marked on their score cards what card they received (that keeps players from swapping cards to better their hands).

The last group should be a small group, because it will collect each of the room hosts as they finish their room. After the last room, the groups went to the Schooner Bar. We went from the bottom of the hands up, having people sit down when they could not beat the called hand. 'Anybody who cannot beat one pair, sit down!' ' Anybody who cannot beat two pair, sit down!' In the end, the winning hand had three kings. It took about two hours from the time the first group left the Sky Bar until the last group was in the Schooner Bar.

I will try find the file with the cards on it, and post what it looks like.

Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves, and it was fun meeting assorted players on the ship the rest of the cruise.

I have volunteered to be the host of the last 2 Cabin Crawls last December and May. Had a terrific turnout on both and lots of lots of FUN!!!!

We always do a Poker Run along with it and you need to have help, it is a 2 person operation. So........LIKE IT OR NOT.....I drag my partner in to the FUN. He always is a good sport about helping :) I always have at least 10 different cabins invovled......Start after the M & M and always try to get an Owners Cabin to end it in. We usually will have a party in that Cabin to do the results of the Poker Run. I always bring stuff on board as a token of appreciation the the show'ers......Our last Cruise on the Radaince OTS in Dec.....I did a decorating contest with prizes and WOW!!!!!......I thought we did a good job but you should have seen many of the other rooms. INCREDIABLE! That one was 13 cabins and probably 80 people. I am taking a back seat on our May Cruise since it was already organized and they are doing it on the Last Day of the Cruise which will be interesting.....Never done that before......But I will be the Host for the Halloween Cruise on the Oasis and have lots of Surprises in store for all.....After all it is going to be Halloween. Might need to ship stuff to the hotel before we board to make it easier to handle. By all means...do the Cabin Crawls, Poker Runs, Bar Crawls.....they are way too much FUN!!!!!!

Mike

I would SOOO love to cruise with you guys some day!! I know it would be a blast!

I put together a few cabin crawls, but just basic simple ones.

On my Mariner Halloween cruise, I did decorate (had an OS) and gave out goodie bags at the end.

My next cruise will be on Princess, and I am organizing one with another CCer. We are planning on the Poker Run Cabin Crawl.

Any tips or suggestions?:)

Thanks.

i do recall a funny moment my husband & I encountered during the Cabin Crawl, we were in between two groups so stopped to ask the young lady ( Steward) where Cabin # was, she pointed us in the direction, yet as we proceeded we realized the numbers were going the wrong way so had to turn around and go back the other way. :D. We got turned around because of the previous room location. This just proves, even on the Radiance one can get lost. LOL

Ewww, they don't change the sheets every night. I wouldn't want strangers in my bed. :eek:

Reminds of a cruise I took on NCL. I got into bed the first night and kept smelling a weird smell. The next morning, I looked at the sheets and saw urine stains! I WAS NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! Housekeeping said it was from the strong cleaners they use. Hardly.

Felicia

This is the form used on our last cruise in January.

Notice that all days are listed... quite helpful.

Day

Port ***

Arrive

Depart

Activity

Day 1

Los Angeles, California

First roll call meet after boarding in the Schooner Lounge at 3 PM. Deck 4.

5:00 PM

Day 2

Cruising (Sea Day)

CC Meet and Mingle at 11 AM Elations (Viking Lounge, Deck 14) Check your cabin for notice.

Day 3

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

9:30 AM

6:00 PM

Tendered

Day 4

Mazatlan, Mexico

8:00 AM

5:30 PM

Docked

Day 5

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

8:00 AM

7:00 PM

Docked

Day 6

Cruising (Sea Day)

1, Cabin Crawl, meet at 10 AM forward elevators, deck six.

2. Scooter Race at 2 PM, deck 12.

Day 7

Cruising (Sea Day)

I've done the poker thing, too. Great fun!

Day 8

Los Angeles, California

7:00 AM

Volunteers to show cabin and Tour

Cabin types

Deluxe/Suites:

RS -

OS -

FS -

GS -

JS - CruznFool .... Steve .... 9865

Balcony:

D 1,2,3 - patrickcrowley-Patrick & Holly-6270: KandLEsh-Ken & Lorena-7372

E 1,2,3 - Droop - Gary & Beth - 8606

Outside:

FO -

F -

H -

I -

Interior:

PR - SRAFROG - Barb - 7555

L - Coco Jr - Rod & ???? - 8469

M -

N - Mark O - Mark & Penny - 8355 w/ pull down berth

Q -

Cabin Tour

All the above plus,

Teachlady .... Bob and Judy

Travelbug11 .... Ann

• 5 weeks later...

Tricia, What were the dates for your 2007 Emerald Princess Mediterranean Cruise? We had about 20 people do that sailing out of Venice on July 28, 2007 and LOVED it!

We have a cruise that has been sailing together over Labor Day weekend for the past few years. This will be year #4 - we did our first cabin crawl last year. It was more about the party than it was looking at different types of cabins. It was private to the group of 45 people that were sailing together.

We started in one area and journeyed up and down the halls until we ended up in our suite for the last stop. Each cabin was challenged with providing the most creative shot for all of the participants with a prize being giving at our cocktail party on the final night. It was a hoot. Of course, some were more prepared/creative than others. The winning shot was more about the delivery than the actual shot itself. One couple mixed up rum and cokes, but shot them in everyone's mouth with a squirt gun!! It was hilarious.

The final 'crawl' was caught on film on the way to our cabin, which was a sight to see with everyone on their hands and knees heading down the hall. It made for great/fun photos!

I like the idea of adding the poker run to this year's 'crawl'.

Have fun on your first experience crawling!!

Carrie

A cabin crawl sounds really interesting. Has anyone turned it into a scavenger hunt type race. I think it would be cool to do something like the Amazing race on a sea day that also involved cabins and maybe other areas of the ship. You might be able to get RCCL employees to participate and hand out clues. I am new to cruising but when I heard about a cabin crawl that is what I was envisioning so I thought I would post it as an idea.

Perhaps people could pay into a pot and the winner or top three finishers get the prize?

Archived