Confirmed dining time

TF921

Quick question. I just updated my preferred dining time from late seating, to anytime dining. It says (confirmed). Are they confirming that they got my request, or that I WILL have anytime dining?

Thanks in Advance,

Tricia

There are conflicting answers to that. My PVP told me when I booked my cruise that there are X number of spots available for anytime dining (or any dining) and he said that since there were still spots on on my sailing I would definitely have anytime dining and it is confirmed anytime dining and will not be switched. Others on here say just because it says confirmed, doesn't mean you get it. But that makes no sense to me - if the sailing was full for anytime dining time when you booked your status would say "waitlisted" so I don't get how or why if it says "confirmed", it could later be changed to "waitlisted"? So....who to believe????

But that makes no sense to me - if the sailing was full for anytime dining time when you booked your status would say "waitlisted" so I don't get how or why if it says "confirmed", it could later be changed to "waitlisted"? So....who to believe????

This is what I "think" as well. But I guess you can't be 100% sure until you get your S&S card. I'd say it's highly likely that once your choice shows as confirmed that is what you'll get onboard.

I would say it is confirmed unless there is a lot of last minute Platinum bookings and you get bumped.

Yes, that would be the only thing that makes sense. I also wonder if they hold back so many spots for platinum until closer to sailing, because when I booked in October, 15 months in advance, he said there were 10 spots available for anytime dining. I can't see there only being 10 spots left 15 months before sailing!

Quick question. I just updated my preferred dining time from late seating, to anytime dining. It says (confirmed). Are they confirming that they got my request, or that I WILL have anytime dining?

Thanks in Advance,

Tricia

It's my understanding from Carnival that NOW when you book your dining time is either CONFIRMED or it is WAITLISTED.

"Our Confirmed Dining Program is just one of the many ways Carnival is making our guest cruise experience even more outstanding!

Preferred Dining Choice Available

• <LI style="mso-layout-grid-align: none; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo2" class=MsoNormal>Guest makes dining request <LI style="mso-layout-grid-align: none; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo2" class=MsoNormal>System shows inventory is available <LI style="mso-layout-grid-align: none; tab-stops: list .5in; mso-list: l3 level1 lfo2" class=MsoNormal>Agent confirms dining time
  • Confirmation shows confirmed dining time "

ken

All it means is that your REQUEST is confirmed, not the dining time.

Dining assignments are made within ten days of the sailing by the Maitre d'. I had a lengthy discussion about this exact item with Mario, our Maitre d' on the Ecstasy just three days ago.

The ONLY guaranteed time assignments belong to Platinum Guests.

:)

As Mach indicated our doc's say late seating confirmed for our next cruise and we are Platinum.

We are first time cruisers and our docs say Anytime Dining confirmed and even though my PVP told me it is guaranteed (but I've been reading alot on here that many Carnival employees don't know what they are talking about) apparently that isn't the case. I don't know how they can take something away from someone who booked well in advance and give it to someone else who booked a month or a week before the sail date - unless it is a Platinum customer - I understand that perk. What do they do, put the names of all the people who choose whichever seating into a hat and draw them one by one and decide that way???? I really can't see that being the way!

I am platinum and had confirmed any time dining for my last cruise on the Sensation. When we boarded our S & S cards said "late dining'. I went to the maitre'd who said that the any time dining was full and we couldn't be changed. I insisted that it was a platinum benefit and he acted like he didn't like it but he reluctantly changed us to any time which I loved. That is what I will always choose if it if available.

We are first time cruisers and our docs say Anytime Dining confirmed and even though my PVP told me it is guaranteed (but I've been reading alot on here that many Carnival employees don't know what they are talking about) apparently that isn't the case. I don't know how they can take something away from someone who booked well in advance and give it to someone else who booked a month or a week before the sail date - unless it is a Platinum customer - I understand that perk. What do they do, put the names of all the people who choose whichever seating into a hat and draw them one by one and decide that way???? I really can't see that being the way!

Every cruise we have taken, we have been confirmed AT TIME of booking for early seating,( which we ask for ) and every cruise we have had early seating...I 'm sure the actual seating arrangements are done closer to the sail date, .:rolleyes:

With all due respect, there IS a new “Confirmed Dining Program” where you can request and confirm availability of your seating at time of booking; out of a list of XX seats set aside for Confirmed Seating, if seats are available at time of booking you are confirmed for that seating, if not you are waitlisted and later confirmed if seats become available. Suite and Platinum cruisers are guaranteed their selection (and can confirm seating for 3 additional cabins!).

The old wording on Carnival confirmations:

Dining on Request: Requested times are not guaranteed. A confirmed dining time will be given at embarkation.”

The new wording on Carnival confirmations:

Dining Confirmed” (or “Dining Waitlisted”): Early Dining – 6:00 PM

Confirmed Dining Program Our Confirmed Dining Program is just one of the many ways Carnival is making our guest cruise experience even more outstanding!

Confirmed Dining

• Guests can confirm their preferred dining at the time of booking

• Guests can waitlist for their preferred dining if it’s not available at the time of booking.

• As a waitlist is cleared prior to the sailing date, the guest will receive an updated confirmation.

Booking Process

• During the booking process, the caller will advise of their preferred dining request.

The system will display available inventory.

• Based on inventory, the caller must confirm or waitlist their request.

• A confirmation is sent with the guest’s dining preference.

Example: Preferred Dining Choice Available

• Guest makes dining request

• System shows inventory is available

• Agent confirms dining time

• Confirmation shows confirmed dining time

Suite and Platinum Guests

• Suite and Platinum guests will be guaranteed their dining choice.

• Suite and Platinum guests may also confirm dining for three additional cabins.

• If their preferred dining is closed, their request will be entered into the system as a waitlist.

ken

I called Carnival this week to switch my dining time from early to anytime. I asked the PVP if she was just putting in a request for anytime or if I was confirmed for anytime. She told me I was confirmed and that it was not just put in as my preference. When I check my dining time online it says "Anytime Dining (confirmed)". You may want to call and make sure.

We have also switched our dining...we originally wanted anytime dining but they said it was full and we could be wait-listed, which we did. Then a couple of days ago we decided that we would just go with the late seating so DH called Carnival and they told him late seating was available and switched. Originally our docs said Anytime (wait-listed) but not it says Late Seating (confirmed). If you are unsure you can always call.

Thanks in Advance,

Tricia

Carnival now actually confirms your dining time at the time of booking. If it says confirmed that means that you will have anytime dining.

"At time of booking, guests will be able to confirm their preferred dining choice. If their preference is not available, they may confirm an alternate time and be waitlisted for their preferred choice. Waitlists will be cleared prior to the sailing and guests will be notified by email. Parties traveling together who are waitlisted will be cleared on the same dining time."

https://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/sections/shipboard/DiningOnboard_master.html

It is "confirmed" they have your request.

This is incorrect. Carnival now actually confirms your dining time at booking, and this is in spite of what everyone on these boards says.

All it means is that your REQUEST is confirmed, not the dining time.

Dining assignments are made within ten days of the sailing by the Maitre d'. I had a lengthy discussion about this exact item with Mario, our Maitre d' on the Ecstasy just three days ago.

The ONLY guaranteed time assignments belong to Platinum Guests.

:)

The aboive is completely incorrect. carnival actually confirms the dining time at booking now since they have implemented anytime dining. ALL DINING TIMES ARE NOW GUARANTEED AT THE TIME OF BOOKING

I posted the same question on the Carnival forums and was told that the policy has changed. If it says confirmed, your dining time is confirmed. If it says waitlisted then you won't know until closer to sailing. The new wording, as others have already posted is:

Confirmed Dining

At time of booking, Carnival guests will be able to confirm their preferred dining choice. If their preference is not available, they may confirm an alternate choice and be waitlisted for their preferred choice. Waitlists will be cleared prior to the sailing and guests will be notified by email. Parties traveling together who are waitlisted will be cleared for the same dining time.

Booking Process

• During the booking process, the caller will advise of their preferred dining request.

ken

That is how it went with my booking in October. The PVP told me there were X number of spots available for anytime dining and I would be guaranteed anytime dining if I chose it.

Booking Process

ken

That is how it went with my booking in October. The PVP told me there were X number of spots available for anytime dining and I would be guaranteed anytime dining if I chose it as those four spots would be attached to my booking and no longer shown as available on his reservation system.

I could see that the maitre 'D would sit down two weeks before sailing to decide the table arrangements, but not who gets what dining time.

If when you book, your preferred dining time is available, it's confirmed at that time. If your preferred dining time is unavailable you're Waitlisted for that seating and you may or may not get that seating.

Suite and Platinum are guaranteed their preferred dining time at time of booking.

ken

That is how it went with my booking in October. The PVP told me there were X number of spots available for anytime dining and I would be guaranteed anytime dining if I chose it as those four spots would be attached to my booking and no longer shown as available on his reservation system.

I could see that the maitre 'D would sit down two weeks before sailing to decide the table arrangements, but not who gets what dining time.

Exactly! this is actually a step forward for Carnival. If you book early enough you can assure your dining seating, if that's important to you!!!!!

ken

Archived