boarding times

cvskult

If you get on early, the WJ doesn't open until noon, and it isn't so bad then. It starts to get really crowded as the afternoon progresses. Remember, you have to carry any of your carry on luggage with you until 1:00, as they keep the fire doors closed, and they keep them monitored now.

I love to get to the port ASAP, so we can enjoy as much as the first day as possible!

Eat a late breakfast so you don't have to participate in the WJ feeding frenzy when you board, and wear your bathing suit under clothes so you can hit the pool, while you wait for your room!

:eek: WJ feeding frenzy..:D..That's how I know my cruise has started...Wouldn't miss this tradition !!!

We've been on at noon in Miami before, but as stated, it depends on how disembarkation went. We've never tried to get on any earlier. Windjammer feeding frenzy for sure! We always avoid this at all costs, however, we drive 2hrs. to the port so it's not like we need to eat right away.

our first cruise we let carnival book our airfare and boarded around 3 pm. second cruise we booked our own air and boarded by 1130 or so. we found the buffet to be more hectic and more busy on our first cruise. by then more people had boarded and more people wanting to eat. however i do again that this is where you know your cruise has really begun.

We plan on getting to our ship by 11, hoping to board by 12 and get some food and head to the pool- It's always so festive the first day. I love watching and waving (as if we know someone at the dock) I will only be carrying on my beach bag with a towel and anything I need for the first 4 hours- other than that the rest gets packed away- don't want anything to weigh me down!

Archived