bannister island????

warcon

Not sure about Carival having a cruise but I know EcoTours Belize does. You might check them out. We have done their tours in the past and I would recommend them. I have not done the Bannister Island excursion with them, however, so I don't have any specific information about it.

Hi All does anyone know if Carnival has a excur. to Bannister Island?? I could not find it anywhere

Thanks

I believe it is the Barrier Reef Snorkel at Tuneffe with Beach Break. I have heard others mention it. Although we did not book through Carnival we did a snorkel excursion that included Bannister Island through Eco Tours and I would definitely recommend them.

We went to Bannister Island in December with Eco tours. Their office is very close to where the tender boat docks. It is a little blue cabin and the staff are walking around wearing light blue shirts selling tours. We paid about $35 for the beach break without snorkeling.

We loved it! There are washroom and showers and a bar/restaurant there. Your beach chair is included in the $36 price.

Hi All does anyone know if Carnival has a excur. to Bannister Island?? I could not find it anywhere

Thanks

When we were there last May, Carnival DID offer the Bannister Beach excursion, which we did and LOVED it! Since Belize is a tendor port,

we just got on board a smaller boat which took us directly to the island, it was a little ways, about a 30 minute ride. It was well worth the money, the water was as smooth as glass, no waves at all. They also had different water activities, including a boat that was taking snorkelers out. If you don't see it listed, you might contact Carnival about it.

Sue

We went to Bannister Island in December with Eco tours. Their office is very close to where the tender boat docks. It is a little blue cabin and the staff are walking around wearing light blue shirts selling tours. We paid about $35 for the beach break without snorkeling.

We loved it! There are washroom and showers and a bar/restaurant there. Your beach chair is included in the $36 price.

Can you tell me how long it took to get there from the Ship to the port and then the port to Bannister??

Can you tell me how long it took to get there from the Ship to the port and then the port to Bannister??

It takes about 5-10 mins to be taking off the boat, and then once you are on Belize's port about 15 mins to get to the island. It was so worth it. The beach is very nice. The food is a little pricey though. So don't go hungry!

It takes about 5-10 mins to be taking off the boat, and then once you are on Belize's port about 15 mins to get to the island. It was so worth it. The beach is very nice. The food is a little pricey though. So don't go hungry!

Can you tell me what time you went and when you got back? We are there in April and from what I understand Belize is 2 hrs. behind us then due to daylight savings time. I asked Eco tours if we could meet them at their office at 8 am Belize time which is 10 am ship time. thanks!:)

Can you tell me what time you went and when you got back? We are there in April and from what I understand Belize is 2 hrs. behind us then due to daylight savings time. I asked Eco tours if we could meet them at their office at 8 am Belize time which is 10 am ship time. thanks!:)

Belize is Central time zone. NCL was really good about letting everyone know to turn the clocks w/ship time & Belize time. So basically if it is 10am central time zone in Belize it's 10am central time zone on the ship. We left the Belize port w/Eco Tours at 10:30 am & we left the island at 1:45 PM. I would not book w/Eco until you arrive there. Anything could happen, the weather could be bad and so on.... When we arrived at the port we just walked right over and booked the excursion.

belize is central time zone. Ncl was really good about letting everyone know to turn the clocks w/ship time & belize time. So basically if it is 10am central time zone in belize it's 10am central time zone on the ship. We left the belize port w/eco tours at 10:30 am & we left the island at 1:45 pm. I would not book w/eco until you arrive there. Anything could happen, the weather could be bad and so on.... When we arrived at the port we just walked right over and booked the excursion.

loved bannister island! Very well worth it!!:d

• 1 month later...

Just got off the Valor and did the Barrier Reef Snorkel at Tuneffe with Beach Break to Bannister Island with Carnival in Belize. The catamaran snorkeling was just okay. I've seen better in Hawaii and Tahiti. I got actually got caught in the fire coral and my husband pulled me off of it. It happened so fast, I thought I was a gonner. The guy on the kayak was totally useless. It wasn't until I was on top of it that he started yelling at me to get away from it. The crew never said to watch out for it, however someone on the catamaran said to watch out for it and not to touch it. A wave tossed me around and right into it sticking up in front of me. I freaked trying my best not to touch it. It stuck to my bathing suit and life vest and I could hear the guy yelling at me to get away from it. Next thing I knew my husband yanked on my strap in the back and pulled me off of it. My suit got 2 holes (smaller than popcorn kernels), but worse my hands got cut up. It happened so fast, I just wanted to get back to the catamaran and catch my breath. If my husband hadn't have been there, I don't know what would have happened. They really should have people in the water helping people!

The rum punch and soft drinks included in the $69/person cost was enjoyed once I got back on the catamaran. I needed a glass to relax from the ordeal. Bannister Island was very nice, clean and relaxing. Not many people at all. We loved it. Food is not that great and very expensive. Bring your own from the ship! Pack some ziplock bags in your suitcase...

I'd go back to Bannister Island again, but NOT on this Carnival excursion.

I just booked today with Eco tours to do the snorkeling and then the beach break. We are on the Valor and would do this excursion on July 1st. Belize will be 2 hours behind ship time so at least we will get to sleep in a little. I am a little nervous about getting back to the ship on time, but it should be ok.

Thanks

I was at Bannister Island in April with EcoTours. They were wonderful! Very easy, friendly staff and Marvin is great! I just booked AGAIN with them. I'm taking my family in June. :)

Can anyone provide specifics about what to do on Bannister? The RCCL excursion is $42 - pretty steep when we have to add in paying for our own food, drinks and snorkeling. The excursion is only 4 hours - kind of short when you're trying to snorkel and have some lounging time. I don't mind spending the cash, just would like it to be a worthwhile investment. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We have toured with eco-tours and they are wonderful, we will be visiting in july and we'll go to Bannister Island this time around.

Marvin and his staff are great! I have a bad knee so I can't go cave tubing which was my favourite thing to do in Belize.

Archived