Ships Ordered out of Honolulu

gehrandt

PofA seems to be in port so all appears to be over. Will be a little late leaving port but will probably be able to reach all ports without a problem.

Thankfully the tsunami was blown out of proportion by the media. Not sure where the buoys are in the Pacific to tell wave heights but the science geeks got it wrong (thankfully). As for the PofA, she'll make all of her ports on time though because she's right near all of them! :D May she sail on in calm waters!! :)

Predicting Tsunami damage is no where near perfect yet. And the media? Well, I don't think anyone expects anything less then sensationalism, backed up by unconfirmed rumors.

At least we know path, and time frame prediction is pretty good. And that there was enough notice for folks to be calmly evacuated.

All in all, a damn fine day for the folks in HI.

Yes. I totally agree with everything you said.

I was listening to and watching the link on post number ten. It did have one very entertaining bit when a live broadcast gave a dramatic illustration of the reason why there is often a five or six second delay in broadcast.

I am glad that you heard that too, I was thinking I was hearing things.... Something about his mother...???:cool:

Small or large it is still a tsunami' date=' it seems to be surging and receding about a total of about 2-3 feet. Thank heavens it is smaller than expected. I believe the Indonesian tsunami had five cycles before the big stuff did all of the destruction. I personally hope nothing bigger occurs and everything gets back to normal soon.

Would you be happier if there was mass destruction?

PE[/color']

Totally insensitive comments.

:(:(:(:(:(

I liked the comment by one of our weather reporters here on the TV...

"Folks, a tsunami is NOT a surfable wave!"

This while they were getting reports of surfers out on the north shore of Oahu and watching a couple of guys via a webcam out off Waikiki.

:eek:

Totally insensitive comments.

:(:(:(:(:(

Once again you leave out what was being discussed. Once again you take a pot shot out of context to the topic of which was being discussed.

Please desist with the stalking, there are rules against this activity, which you agreed to when you first signed on here, From-Under!!

PE

Once again you leave out what was being discussed. Once again you take a pot shot out of context to the topic of which was being discussed.

Please desist with the stalking' date=' there are rules against this activity, which you agreed to when you first signed on here, From-Under!!

PE[/color']

Planter, you said it " would you be happier with mass destruction ", no stalking and no against the rules just responding to your inappropriate comment.

:):):):):)

Planter, you said it " would you be happier with mass destruction ", no stalking and no against the rules just responding to your inappropriate comment.

:):):):):)

Slow day for ya buddy. This is what, the third of fourth pot shot you have taken at me today.

From-Under, you really do need to get a life!

I guess I do really need to add you to the ignore list. This verbal parrying is getting quite stale.

PE

We were on the POA last week and had a great time! The ship did not dock until 3pm. A lot of cruisers missed flights that were before 5pm. Our flight was at 7:10 pm. We carried off our own bags, which was great because they had not got the bags off the ship at 3:45 pm. I felt for the cruisers trying to board the ship. It appeared they had to wait outside the terminal building until the ship was clear of cruisers getting off the ship. SB

Down Under I didn't particularly like his comment either, but he has a right to make it! If you don't have something to add to this thread other than getting on Planers Edge's case, maybe you should find another thread as at least he is talking on topic! You have added nothing!:confused:

Play nice people!:D

I'm sorry for the people that missed their flights and hope everyone got to where they needed to be without too much hassle or confusion. I'm mostly sorry for the people in South America who are suffering terribly since the earthquake hit.:(

Archived