Westerdam GG cabin

NoWhiners

Hi All

I know this is a fully obstructed OV cabin but does anyone know what the obstruction is or how this affects the amount of light in the cabin? We booked this for a 2011 panama canal cruise (a guarantee) and were just wondering what this means.

Thanks for any help

Mary Lynn

It will either be a lifeboat or a tender/lifeboat. Look on the deck plans. Cabins 4093 to 4100 are next to tenders that are taller than the lifeboats forward of the glass elevators. Those will block a bit more of the light than the lifeboats, but nothing serious.

catl331 and Ruth

Thanks for the comments. I looked at deck plans and thought the obstruction was the lifeboats but still wasn't sure so this was helpful.

Ruth--I was hoping you would be online--you are the queen of cabins!!

I am fine with the guarantee cabin and I love the idea of a glass wall. Like a balcony cabin with no sliding door! In this climate, I am OK with that. I think we will end up in one of these (no upgrade) so I am very happy!! I just can't figure out why this cruise is selling so well this far in advance...??

Thanks again. Good cruising,

ML

Archived