Chaaa Ching! Price Drops

CaribbeanCruisers

Congrats, Courtney! That's a great deal! I do the same thing and the cruise companies always honor the new lower rate. The only thing that I have had it affect is if my travel agent has given me prepaid gratuities or on board credit as a bonus for booking. Then, when the cruise companies lower the rate, the travel agent often has to review their bonus and most of the time, they reduce it to compensate for the lower price. I still come out ahead, but I do lose some ground on the lower bonuses.

I never see the price on our cruise change by even a dollar for any of the categories -- I just go in and find the cruise again, click pricing and availability, is that all you guys do to check the current rate?

I never see the price on our cruise change by even a dollar for any of the categories -- I just go in and find the cruise again, click pricing and availability, is that all you guys do to check the current rate?

If you are a past Princess passenger make sure to sign in first so you see past passenger prices.

I discovered a price reduction last Monday, called my TA and like CruisinCindy said.. lost my bonus OBC but still came out ahead $162 per person... Just for the heck of it, I looked again on Friday. To my surprise, the price had gone UP $720 per person!! Which of course doesn't effect our cost but it pays to keep watch. Appears there was only a small window (2-3 days) that the price was lower.

Not only do we check Princess, but we check several other online travel agencies. Once we find the lowest price, we email our TA and send her our findings.

We checked fares for the airlines as well and they've also dropped! (we hadn't yet booked these, until now)

It certainly pays to be on the watch.

Someone else on our sailing checked out the price drops and found that she could get a mini for the same cost as an ocean view. You can't beat that!

Happy Sails,

CC

Not to worry I have not seen a price change in 8 months. :eek:

Flash promos will not show though, contact Princess or a TA.

Our TA usually gets us in on a group rate. Given this, is there still a chance I could see some savings by checking the prices on Princess? If you have a specific cabin, such as an aft do you bring up prices by category? If it appears cheaper, do I just call my TA and ask if there is a drop?

Thanks for the heads up, I just checked and it looks like our price dropped. We have two cabins booked and looks like we will save about $300.

Emailed my TA tonight, she is terrific and will take care of us anytime price goes down.

Appreciate the heads up on the price change. :)

'The only thing that I have had it affect is if my travel agent has given me prepaid gratuities or on board credit as a bonus for booking. Then, when the cruise companies lower the rate, the travel agent often has to review their bonus and most of the time, they reduce it to compensate for the lower price.'

I think that stinks that your TA would take away your bonuses just because you found the fare cheaper. They should have to honor the what they originally offered to you!

'The only thing that I have had it affect is if my travel agent has given me prepaid gratuities or on board credit as a bonus for booking. Then, when the cruise companies lower the rate, the travel agent often has to review their bonus and most of the time, they reduce it to compensate for the lower price.'

I think that stinks that your TA would take away your bonuses just because you found the fare cheaper. They should have to honor the what they originally offered to you!

Usually the bonus is coming out of their commission....since a lower price results in a lower commission....only fair that a TA would have to decrease the amount of the bonus. As long as the client still comes out ahead I would think everyone would be happy.

I think the bonuses may also have something to do with TA having a group on board. If the TA is selling a large block of cabins for a particular cruise, it has been our experience that the OBCs, bottles of wine, coupon books, etc. are better than if the TA doesn't have a group on-board.

Archived