Just off the Dream

zibbster

Hey everyone! Just got back from the Western Caribbean on the Dream. Will try to right a full review soon, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Overall it was a wonderful cruise. Weather was warm in port, it was pretty windy at night at you can really feel the ship rock. I never felt there were long lines, except for when I went to the pasta bar only to find a sign at the bottom of the stairs saying it was full:( Did get there once and it was great! A little bummed it wasn't open at night cause I wanted it for dinner! Did anytime dining and loved it! The shows were good, especially Dancing in the Streets....get to the theatre EARLY if you want to get decent seats! The singers at the lobby bar were wonderful, it was too bad they had the dance floor closed off for the whole week! Never got to the water slides, but others in group loved them! I'll go into more depth later.

Hey everyone! Just got back from the Western Caribbean on the Dream. Will try to right a full review soon, but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask. Overall it was a wonderful cruise. Weather was warm in port, it was pretty windy at night at you can really feel the ship rock. I never felt there were long lines, except for when I went to the pasta bar only to find a sign at the bottom of the stairs saying it was full:( Did get there once and it was great! A little bummed it wasn't open at night cause I wanted it for dinner! Did anytime dining and loved it! The shows were good, especially Dancing in the Streets....get to the theatre EARLY if you want to get decent seats! The singers at the lobby bar were wonderful, it was too bad they had the dance floor closed off for the whole week! Never got to the water slides, but others in group loved them! I'll go into more depth later.

Glad you had a great time. Isn't cruising great-now back to reality! Next time try the slides, they nearly killed us, but we did both and survived.

Glad you had a great time!

When you say the ship rocked a lot, do you think it was worse than any of the other ships you have been on? We are booked on the Dream for November, but I am a little concerned since my husband can get pretty sea-sick:eek:

Glad you had a great time. Isn't cruising great-now back to reality! Next time try the slides, they nearly killed us, but we did both and survived.

I did the slides and folks need to remember to either put a hand under your head or hold your head up on the Twister so it doesn't BUMB !!

When you say the ship rocked a lot, do you think it was worse than any of the other ships you have been on? We are booked on the Dream for November, but I am a little concerned since my husband can get pretty sea-sick:eek:

I don't think it was any worse than any other ships I've been on. I notcied it more at night in my room then anywhere else. That being said I have always had rooms on the the first couple of floor on my other cruises, and this time I had a balcony on the 6th floor so that could be why I noticed it more. It was REALLY windy though so if that hadn't been the case it wouldn't have been so rocky.

I really wish I would have done them:( I was planning on doing them on Friday but it was cold and windy and I didn't feel like getting wet! I should have just bit the bullet and done it! Oh well guess I'll just have to book another cruise;)

I hate sayin' 'I told ya' so' but... I told ya' so!

Back in November when folks were bashing the Carnival Dream for darn near everything but the color of the hull I thought she was brilliant even in 30 foot seas and 96 knot winds.

I love the ship. She's a near perfect evolution of the Conquest Class... familiar, comfortable and yet new and unexpected.

I'm thrilled you enjoyed our Carnival Dream.

:)

We did the Eastern last month and we rocked alot but the trip was very windy. We were on deck 7. I'm not an experienced cruiser, so I thought maybe it was the time of year we went and winds are always increased during this season..? Maybe not, but we had a great time regardless.

I was on the Carnival Dream last week too! I wondered about the dance floor being closed off. You are right about getting to shows early. And, even they announce over and over again that there is a "Strict, No Seat Saving Policy" in the Encore Lounge there is no one to enforce it. People wind up saving rows of seats anyway. But, all in all it was a great cruise!

I was on the same cruise. The Dream rocked and rolled the least of any ship I have been on. Very stable.

I was told it was over a fear that a piece of the inner atrium wall lighting might fall to the floor.

I was observing a worker trying to fix the lights and figured that was the problem. But I also noticed, if it were to fall off it would have landed outside of the barriers!!!

Archived