Swim shirts?

barberesr

Since you all seem to be great shoppers, could you give me any suggestions where to get swim shirts. I need to purchase these for my father and husband before we cruise in 3 weeks.

I think that they are a great way for the boys not to get too much sun on their very white bodies.

Thanks much!!!

I think you are looking for Rash Guards. The material usually has the equivalent of SPF 50 in it. I use them all the time when I am diving in the Caribbean. You can find them at www.leisurepro.com and www.scubatoys.com . I have shopped at both places and they have excellent customer service and return policies. Rash Guards will be tighter than a t-shirt.

You can buy them at most sporting goods stores. Our local stores sell them in the wakeboarding/boating department. My boys have some that are specifically made for water sports but they also like to wear their Under Amour shirts that they wear for football, rugby, etc. If they do not want to wear the tighter version of the shirts, my husband has a white nylon mesh shirt that he likes to wear. It dries really fast. (I think I bought that at Old Navy). I have also found the shirts at TJ Maxx and Ross stores - anything from the rash shirts, quick drying athletic shirts, etc. They can range in price from $10 to $80.

Hi:

I am very fair & burn easily at the beach I usually wear a swim shirt. What would you think if I wore a swim shirt in the pool on the ship?

I'll be wearing a swim shirt and board shorts over my suit, both on the ship and off of it. I don't want anyone but my husband seeing that much of me, AND I burn terribly, so it's easier than applying sunscreen everywhere every hour. I'd think you were pretty smart! ;)

Hi:

I am very fair & burn easily at the beach I usually wear a swim shirt. What would you think if I wore a swim shirt in the pool on the ship?

I don't swim outdoors without a swim shirt during the day whether I'm in the ocean or our neighborhood pool. My kids wear them too and consider them part of their normal swim attire when they are outdoors. I've been wearing swim shirts for about 6 years, and when I started they were quite a rarity. Now I see them more often, and usually get asked where I get mine (girls4sport.com).

As for where to buy men's shirts, http://www.nrsweb.com has some nice looser fit styles in their Hydrosilk collection. I also second the vote for Lands End, their shirts are very durable and have a looser fit.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't tell you quite everything;) I also wear a hat & sunglasses. LOL

I don't wear the swimshirt as I'm naturally tan by nature (thanks to my Cuban ancestors), but I do sometimes in the pool wear a straw hat and sunglasses.:D

Archived