Coffee

I am considering a lst time RCI 12 day cruise next October. Having been on several different lines and finding various coffees I am wondering about what coffee RCI uses. Is it very strong like the Europeans like it or milder more to American tastes? I am hoping they don't use the dreadful "coffee syrup" like some ships do. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

They serve Seattle's Best, which is a division of Starbucks. According to my husband who is the coffee drinker in the family, it is a strong American-type roast (bolder than Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons coffee, but not as bold as Starbucks)

They serve Seattle's Best, which is a division of Starbucks. According to my husband who is the coffee drinker in the family, it is a strong American-type roast (bolder than Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons coffee, but not as bold as Starbucks)

Seattle's Best, really? Awesome. I have never been on a cruise that had edible coffee.

Good description and I personally really like the coffee, especially the "free" stuff at the Cafe' Promenade (along with a cookie or two).:D

On my first cruise, in early 2009, I loathed the coffee served on Adventure of the Seas, and was dreading that portion (and that only) on my 2nd cruise. I was happy to find the Seattle's Best coffee all over the Serenade, and it was very drinkable. It's my understanding that fleet-wide they changed over from the nasty syrup-based coffee.

My understanding is that Seattle's Best is ship-wide and fleet-wide. Heavy coffee drinker and found it the same throughout the ship on AOS. Seattle's Best, albeit on the stronger side, is not as strong as your typical Starbucks. At least on our cruise, they did have a rough time keeping the pots supplied to keep up with the demand. The quality of the coffee was well worth the wait the one or two times I had to and even then was only a couple minutes.

The only way I can drink the coffee in the WJ is to do 1/4 cup hot water to 3/4 cup of coffee...waaaay to strong for my taste...room service coffee is usally pretty good...dining room..hit & miss...mostly miss...

SO happy to find out it's not the syrup coffee!! Seattle's Best is great, IMHO so I'm a happy camper. But I do like Starbucks so I can see how some people will get turned off with how strong it is. To me, Dunkin Donuts tastes like water :(

I think the coffee in the WJ is awful...strong and bitter. The DR has better coffee, IMO. I HATE Starbuck's coffee!

I too hate Starbucks coffee. It's for those like us why they bought out Seattle's Best a few years back. Not nearly as strong and bitter. I think the problem in the WJ is that certain times of the day and in some areas of the WJ, it sits too long making it very bitter.

Thanks for all of your replies and thoughts on coffee. I can tolerate Seattle's Best. I just returned from an Azamara cruise and their coffee was dreadful! I wanted to know what I had in store on RCI.

Archived