Just off the Ruby 2/18 - 2/28 Eastern Caribbean

tedwit

Thanks for the review. We get on the Ruby for our ten day Eastern Caribbean cruise on Wednesday, March 9th. So glad to hear how much you enjoyed it. We are so very excited. This is our second cruise. First time on Princess. Flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday afternoon. It will be so nice to get out of this snow!!! What did you do for shore excursions, if any? What do you recommend. Anyway, thanks again. If it is at all possible, We are even more excited after reading your review. :)

Hi there: I am sorry to say that I just do not do "Live" from. I am not that computer savvy and frankly I am having too good of a time.:rolleyes: Sorry.

Marilyn

Same here, especially on the good time part:):)

So now i know where you are hiding. Get back to your roll-call. I would have sent the steak back.

I would have sent it back...

Thanks for those responses. I would have sent it back also.:)

I also want to thank the OP for posting his wonderful review. We were on the same cruise and had an amazing time. This was our second time on the Ruby, and we were so happy to renew friendships with some among the crew whom we had met a year ago. The ship was still in wonderful condition, and we felt that the staff and crew was just wonderful and provided outstanding customer service (with one exception I'll mention below.) The ports were great, and we especially enjoyed St. Kitts (again) and Barbados (which was new to us.) We, likewise, took full advantage of both the International Cafe and Vines, choosing those options over the buffet, much to our great satisfaction. And we felt the service and food in the main dining room was outstanding on this outing.

We also ate in the Crown Grill and had a wonderful evening. Our steaks were cooked perfectly, and our service impeccable (though I will confess that we knew our waitress from 3 prior cruises, and this may have contributed to our exceptional experience there.)

Unfortunately, our one negative was Sabatinis. We love Sabatinis and dine there on every cruise. Until now, we have had nothing but outstanding dining experiences there on every ship, including during our previous cruise on the Ruby. This time, however, was the polar opposite. I've never been treated so poorly on land or sea. We are not demanding people at all, in general or in dining. But, when nearly an hour passed with us receiving nothing but dismissive excuses and promises that our waitress would be with us soon -- not even being given any bread nor allowed to order a beverage -- we'd had enough. The Head Waiter did not make a move to help, but merely stared blankly at us when we tried to get his attention. It was incredibly un-Princess-like, and certainly un-Ruby-like, and we let them know about it in our reviews.

Otherwise, the entire 10 days was outstanding, and the Sabatinis experience only a minor blemish. And I should add that both embarkation and (sadly) disembarkation were a breeze. Neither took more than 30 minutes. We were in our cabins 30 minutes after we arrived at the port, and we were in our cab on our way to the hotel 30 minutes after our baggage claim color and number was called upon disembarkation. I cannot recommend this ship and crew highly enough to anyone looking to travel on Princess. Oh, and the itinerary wasn't bad, either. ;)

We were also on the 2/18 Ruby cruise, and, other than one minor experience had a top notch time (we had very slow service in the Crown Grill).

We ate 2nd seating Dining 4 nights of the cruise & had excellent service & food. The other nights we ate buffet which was very good.

The service throughout the ship was excellent, I had numerous times where personnel went out of their way to make us feel 'special'. One of the little things that I look at is how accessible is the Cruise Director on a ship, and, it was good to see James out & about interacting with people, he even taught dance classes on sea days, and, did a great job (I've been on ships where dancers try to do that & fail miserably at it). On numerous occasions we would be simply looking at something and he would stop and chat with us.

The embarkation & disembarkation were a dream, we used EZCheck which worked like a charm, but, even getting a taxi from the ship to the airport was the easiest I've ever seen it. We were extremely impressed with both processes, which is a tribute to the staff of the Ruby.

We were also on the 2/18 Ruby cruise, and, other than one minor experience had a top notch time (we had very slow service in the Crown Grill).

We ate 2nd seating Dining 4 nights of the cruise & had excellent service & food. The other nights we ate buffet which was very good.

The service throughout the ship was excellent, I had numerous times where personnel went out of their way to make us feel 'special'. One of the little things that I look at is how accessible is the Cruise Director on a ship, and, it was good to see James out & about interacting with people, he even taught dance classes on sea days, and, did a great job (I've been on ships where dancers try to do that & fail miserably at it). On numerous occasions we would be simply looking at something and he would stop and chat with us.

The embarkation & disembarkation were a dream, we used EZCheck which worked like a charm, but, even getting a taxi from the ship to the airport was the easiest I've ever seen it. We were extremely impressed with both processes, which is a tribute to the staff of the Ruby.

I'd like to add a big ditto about James (and Martin, the DCD, for that matter), as well. Also, Maitre 'd Generoso was EVERYWHERE! We kept seeing him constantly, and he never failed to stop and say hi and ask how our day or evening was going, and we saw him doing the same with nearly everyone he came across. We even saw him picking up abandoned plates and cups from vacant lounge chairs on the sun deck! How many Maitres 'd would do that? ;)

Loved this cruise, this ship and this crew!

Also, Maitre 'd Generoso was EVERYWHERE! We kept seeing him constantly, and he never failed to stop and say hi and ask how our day or evening was going, and we saw him doing the same with nearly everyone he came across. We even saw him picking up abandoned plates and cups from vacant lounge chairs on the sun deck! How many Maitres 'd would do that? ;)

We agree that Generoso is absolutely amazing! He, along with the highly qualified staff & crew, are the reason we keep returning to sail on the Ruby again & again & again.

Thanks for the review. We get on the Ruby for our ten day Eastern Caribbean cruise on Wednesday, March 9th. So glad to hear how much you enjoyed it. We are so very excited. This is our second cruise. First time on Princess. Flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday afternoon. It will be so nice to get out of this snow!!! What did you do for shore excursions, if any? What do you recommend. Anyway, thanks again. If it is at all possible, We are even more excited after reading your review. :)

Zip line on St Lucia! Great fun! :D

We were also on the Ruby Feb 18-28. We had a fantastic time. The itinerary, the ship, the staff...everything was perfect. This was our first time sailing with Princess cruise line and we are sold. We are already considering returning for a cruise around Christmas time and bringing our two kids.

I'd like to add a big ditto about James (and Martin, the DCD, for that matter), as well. Also, Maitre 'd Generoso was EVERYWHERE! We kept seeing him constantly, and he never failed to stop and say hi and ask how our day or evening was going, and we saw him doing the same with nearly everyone he came across. We even saw him picking up abandoned plates and cups from vacant lounge chairs on the sun deck! How many Maitres 'd would do that? ;)

We agree, Generoso is the BEST!!! We can't wait to sail with him again and hopefully it'll be on the Ruby again too...

Archived