Just off MONARCH OF THE SEAS - ask away!

All you have done is complain! Was there anything at all satisfactory about this ship and the cruise? I have been on this ship before and it was lovely...

I can verify all that was said on this person's trip review. In fact, the reason I was on the board today was to see what others wrote about the recent cruise I was on. I even had a guard stop me in customs on the way out and ask what happened on the cruise as he has never heard or seen so many unhappy people.

We are booked for a 4 day - but not until October :(. We are booked on deck 9 - was this not a good choice?:confused:

Thanks!

It is a good choice.....sometimes stuff happens..........just dont expect all the bells and whistles of the bigger newer ships...........I have been on MN many times..

I It especially makes me mad that we didn't just stay in Nassau for 2 days.

I have heard many people make comments like this before. Cruise ships come in and out of ports every day. How do you know that is even possible? There is a good possiblity that anouther ship is in that spot on the 2nd day.

I have heard many people make comments like this before. Cruise ships come in and out of ports every day. How do you know that is even possible? There is a good possiblity that anouther ship is in that spot on the 2nd day.

Because the captain said that it was an option, but he thought the weather conditions would be ok so he decided to go to Cococay instead of stay in Nassau. (although my sister said the weather forecast showed it would be to windy for us to stop)

You can definitely tell crime is up in Nassau as we were offered drugs right by the ship and a local was murdered right by the shopping streets mid afternoon.

First of all, I have never been offered drugs,but I suppose it possible,but the murder?? There is nothing in any of the Nassau papers that mention this...........who told you there was a murder that afternoon??

We are booked for a 4 day - but not until October :(. We are booked on deck 9 - was this not a good choice?:confused:

If you are in one of the Superior Oceanview rooms (SO) on deck 9, you absolutely made the right choice. The rooms are much bigger and better than those on deck 8.

Because the captain said that it was an option, but he thought the weather conditions would be ok so he decided to go to Cococay instead of stay in Nassau. (although my sister said the weather forecast showed it would be to windy for us to stop)

i was just on the monarch for a back to back the second week of february and the captain was a woman, the only woman captain in the cruise industry. just wondering if she is already gone or your reference to "he" is general.

i was just on the monarch for a back to back the second week of february and the captain was a woman, the only woman captain in the cruise industry. just wondering if she is already gone or your reference to "he" is general.

Capt Karin went on vacation Feb 12th.Capt Nordmo is the captain now.

PS.Capt Karin will be going to the Serenade and not back to the MN....

Our captain was a man named Kjell.

We did a B2B on the Monarch in November last year. I find it hard to believe that everything on the ship went to hell in a hand basket! I wonder if anyone else on this voyage had similar bad experiences? We are going on Monarch in April on a 4 day for my birthday - I'm sure it will be great as it always has been. :):D

Looks like you'll be on the same cruise with us!! April 12? Its my first cruise and I am so excited!

If you are in one of the Superior Oceanview rooms (SO) on deck 9, you absolutely made the right choice. The rooms are much bigger and better than those on deck 8.

Oh thanks so much - I feel better now. Yes we are in room 9532. :D

Thanks to all who responded!!!

Looks like you'll be on the same cruise with us!! April 12? Its my first cruise and I am so excited!

Once you go cruising you'll never go on another holiday - maybe its a good think that your starting on the Monarch, as this way the only way is bigger!!!! You will have an absolute ball, if i lived in the US i would be cruising once a month, the trek from Ireland once or twice a year is a lot but welllllll worth it!!

I was on the same cruise this past weekend and can verify what that this was the worst cruise ever. It especially makes me mad that we didn't just stay in Nassau for 2 days. It was claimed that the captain anticipated good weather, but he contradicted himself throughout the day with the "apologies". Plus, my sister said that when she looked up weather Sat. night in Cococay for Sunday she could tell we would not be able to stop. All the bathrooms were clogged up and there was water on the floors. The rainy day revised scheduled left a lot to be desired. Family Outburst was just the bartender at the end of the bar leaving out the board game. My family was very disappointed. I will not even get started on Adventure Ocean. This was my husband and daughters first cruise and they have both told me they will never cruise again.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy this cruise. Again, I don't deny that the weather left some challenges as far as the second day was concerned. I still need to post my picture with me in layers of jackets and towels to keep warm! (I still managed two Coco Locos with extra rum to help matters...)

What will always be the challenge with this 3-night cruise is that Nassau is first and CocoCay is second. The Majesty does the reverse order to if CocoCay isn't possible, the ship will dock late night, but not a full day because it has to wait for other ships to leave the dock. I did research on how the Monarch works prior to travlling on her the first time in September and don't think it's possible for them to stay two days in a row. I've read reviews of people who missed Cococay and it was just a day at sea. A cruise ship IMO can only do so much with bad weather and short notice. This is the risk of going in winter, or travelling during hurricane weather.

I hope your family reconsiders going on a cruise. My best example - years ago when I was a teen, my family went on the Big Red Boat. That had to be the WORST CRUISE EVER! The water from the faucets and shower were yellow the enitre week, food was horrible, pullman beds were uncomfortable. It was not a great ride. But that didn't stop me from trying to cruise again and I love it. I think if your family understands this, they won't miss out on the opportunity for a great cruise experience.

What will always be the challenge with this 3-night cruise is that Nassau is first and CocoCay is second. The Majesty does the reverse order to if CocoCay isn't possible, the ship will dock late night, but not a full day because it has to wait for other ships to leave the dock. I did research on how the Monarch works prior to travlling on her the first time in September and don't think it's possible for them to stay two days in a row. I've read reviews of people who missed Cococay and it was just a day at sea. A cruise ship IMO can only do so much with bad weather and short notice. This is the risk of going in winter, or travelling during hurricane weather.

On average it takes the Monarch 19 hours to get from Port Canaveral to Nassau -- she leaves PC at about 4:30 PM and arrives the next day at around 11:30 AM. If she were to skip Coco Cay in favor of an extra day in Nassau then she would have to leave there around 11:00 AM on the second day in order to return to PC by 6:30 - 7:00 AM on departure day. Now, some people might like that, but then there would be others that would ask why they didn't even try to get to Coco Cay. Honestly, I feel that Monarch's best bet is to always try for Coco Cay.

If you're concerned about the number of options and attemptable tries for getting to Coco Cay then Majesty is a much better choice of ships. Miami being so close to Nassau just gives them so many more options.

I went on my first cruise on the Monarch and loved her and the crew! The only drawback of that cruise is that it was too short! Glad you had a good time!

Cruises are always too short - its a pity the weather over here isnt great, we could avail of a cruise every weekend!!!!!!

Oh thanks so much - I feel better now. Yes we are in room 9532. :D

Thanks to all who responded!!!

Me too! We will be on the 9th deck on our first cruise in May...hopefully we'll have warmer weather and an overall better experience. I have heard so many good things about Monarch and her crew.

Me too! We will be on the 9th deck on our first cruise in May...hopefully we'll have warmer weather and an overall better experience. I have heard so many good things about Monarch and her crew.

You certainly will not have any complaints about the Monarch's crew - they were all just fanstastic and always smiling!! Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

• 1 month later...
Gosh sorry to hear all of this about your cruise - our adopted son is the cruise director - Drew Devine we think he's awesome - hope he did a great job - lol:)

I think that your son does a very good job! We just got off the cruise last Friday and we enjoyed the entertainment and activities very much.

• 3 months later...
5th deck is very central.

Not so sure about jeans on formal night - casual slacks and jacket if you don't want to dress up.

You can go to the beach on a local bus or Atlantis is also very nice

Carlann--

What about shorts on formal night??????:D

Theresa still talks about you on the Sovereign finale :p

We like deck 6-just cabins!

Archived