Amsterdam Hotel with early check in

We will be disembarking at 10 am from the Amalyra and our flight isn't until the next day. AMA includes a city tour and canal cruise in it's package. The hotel AMA offers is the Movenpick post cruise. This hotel seems out of the way.

Is there a hotel near city central that either offers an early check in or allows you to drop off your bags

Thanks

We will be disembarking at 10 am from the Amalyra and our flight isn't until the next day. AMA includes a city tour and canal cruise in it's package. The hotel AMA offers is the Movenpick post cruise. This hotel seems out of the way.

Is there a hotel near city central that either offers an early check in or allows you to drop off your bags

Thanks

The hotel Movenpick is right next door to the cruise terminal. It is actually the most convenient place and I am sure you could check your luggage in early. From there you can easily walk into town or take a tram 25 or 26 both stop right in front of the hotel.

There are numerous other hotels closer to the downtown area if you really want to transfer and perhaps Ine can elaborate.

No hotel will guarantee an early checkin, since it depends on the checkout of other gusets and the time needed to clean the rooms.

But most hotels will have a storage for you luggage so you can go into town early.

Movenpick is indeed next to the cruise-terminal with good tramconnection (it is even walkable) into city center. Of course that is most convenient since you donot need onward transportation to/from a hotel then.

Most hotels will hold your bags for you if they don't have a room ready when you arrive - and that depends very much on how full the hotel was the previous night.

Equally, most hotels will guarantee you an early check-in if you're prepared to pay for the night before, for the same reason.

Being in the "city center" is not all that wonderful. I prefer to stay near the Vondelpark or in Jordaan for example. I guess it all depends what you mean by city center.

That said, a tram takes you from Movenpick Hotel to the city center (and beyond). You can easily transfer to another tram and get just about anywhere you are likely to want to see.

I have never found an hotel which would NOT allow me to leave my luggage. the only hotels which have ever promised me early check-in sans additional cost where some of the big chains with which I had tons of points and, ergo, "status." That was long ago in my pre-retirement days when I traveled on business.

Archived