Lost Luggage ?

MRDIAL

This is my first time on NCL. Has anyone had luggage lost by NCL? Our flight is booked through them and is non-stop from Atlanta, but you never know! We have travel insurance also through NCL and I wondered if they give you an onboard credit to buy clothing, etc. until (if) your luggage arrives.

Thanks!

This is my first time on NCL. Has anyone had luggage lost by NCL? Our flight is booked through them and is non-stop from Atlanta, but you never know! We have travel insurance also through NCL and I wondered if they give you an onboard credit to buy clothing, etc. until (if) your luggage arrives.

Thanks!

Yes, it does get lost..It doesn't happen often but yes, they will do what they can to make sure you have clothes to wear. I don't know the details, maybe someone can fill you in.

Nita

If the airline loses your luggage, NCL is not responsible. NCL is merely acting as a travel agent when you buy your airline ticket through them. They aren't responsible if the flight is delayed or cancelled, if the airline loses your luggage, etc. They may, as a courtesy, provide you with a small allowance to purchase a few items in the ship's store.

You should read your trip cancellation insurance policy for an exact explanation of the coverage provided and the procedures you should follow in the event of loss or delayed arrival of your bags.

Never fear, I've sailed 3 times on NCL and have another one booked on the POA for spring break. We've never had anything lost or misplaced by them. The airlines, well that's another story. We've never had them lose our luggage, but we have had them misplace it and take a couple of days to get it to us. The poster is right, it is not NCL's fault if the airlines mishandles or loses your luggage. I really wouldn't worry about this though. I've been flying all over the world since I was 18 (I'm 63 now), and this has only happened a few times. Enjoy your cruise!:D

Archived