How much do you leave as an EXTRA Tip??

PeggyTC

Would like to point out that there are usually 2 assistant room stewards, one in the morning and a different one at night. They do alot of the grunge work. They are always surprised and very appreciiative to receive something extra.

I've only been on one cruise and we tipped $20 to our room steward, $20 to our head waiter and $10 to our assistant waiter on the last day. I have questioned if this was enough. I feel that the $10 a day in auto-tips is spread out to so many people that it's not enough for the deserving, hard-working staff. However, we did NOT tip the maitre' d (sp?) as was strongly urged by the CD on the intercom because the only thing he did was smile and greet us......didn't really think that deserved anything extra. I guess if we would have had some sort of special need and he accomodated us I would have felt differently.

I do appreciate reading all of this feedback as it is a confusing issue!

I agree, and it does seem a little confusing. I've read some people say $10 is fine - but it's split between so many:

$ 3.50 Per Day Stateroom Services

$ 5.50 Per Day Dining Room Services

$ 1.00 Per Day Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

I haven't cruised yet, but I'll probably go ahead and budget (bring) extra and then just wait and see! From what I hear, I won't be disappointed! :)

Archived