Aussie agents to book P&O Cruises World Voyages earlier

P&O Cruises World Voyages has seen such growth in the Australian market recently, that it has just announced that Australian agents will this July be able to book 2012 sailings at the same time as their counterparts in the UK.

Previously due to British travel agents getting a head start on the Australians, agents locally had to make-do with a smaller selection of cabin types and sectors, but come this July Australians will get first dibs on World Voyages as well as traditional liner voyages between South Hampton and Australia.

“Now we’re going to strategically bring that launch much further forward, so you’ll launch here at the exact same time as Britain and have fully equal opportunities to sell,” said Carol Marlow, P&O Cruises Managing Director.

“The pricing will be set at the current exchange rate... which will be great for Australian travellers.”

In an aside to e-Travel Blackboard, Ms Marlow adds that while sector sales haven’t yet been confirmed to also launch at the same time, this could also potentially be confirmed soon as well.

P&O Cruises World Voyages is making this move due to the growth that’s building in the Australian market, with 2011 sales in January and February doubling when compared to last year.

“Awareness is growing in the market... P&O Cruises World Voyages and our sister brand P&O Cruises here are two completely different products,” adds Ms Marlow.

P&O Cruises World Voyages will also launch a brand new localised website in coming days.

New products coming online

In April the brand new Azura will be ready to launch for P&O Cruises World Voyages, and the cruise line is getting ready to launch a series of fly-cruise packages in the Mediterranean for Australians, Ms Marlow revealed.

Carrying just 710 passengers the Azura will be an adult-only ship and offer an intimate and refined cruising experience for those on-board.

Source - E Travel Blackboard

[quote

New products coming online

In April the brand new Azura will be ready to launch for P&O Cruises World Voyages, and the cruise line is getting ready to launch a series of fly-cruise packages in the Mediterranean for Australians, Ms Marlow revealed.

Carrying just 710 passengers the Azura will be an adult-only ship and offer an intimate and refined cruising experience for those on-board.

Source - E Travel Blackboard

I'm confused. From cruise critic UK Azura is 3080 pax and 116,000 tonnes. Have I missed something?

I may be wrong, but I had always thought you could book the , whole WC, or the 1/2 cruise , at the same time as it opened in the UK. They do hold back on releasing segments until they get a feel for how much space is needed for the WC.

Hi Newfarmers , you have got it right. Azura is 116,000 Tons. The ship the artical is talking about is called 'Adonia' and only carries around 750 passengers due for sailout in 2012. I too was confused when i read that artical.

Cheers Dee.

Archived