Drink options for kids who don't drink soda pop.

Hi everyone. We are going on the Independence for March Break with our 3 girls ages 10-14. None of them really drink pop (sorry to my American friends...soda), so I was wondering what they will be able to drink all day.

Thanks,

Liz

Do you know if it is possible to get milk at all times of the day? My 2 year old is traveling with us. Do you know if they have whole milk? She is not a very good eater so whole milk helps her get her calories.

Do you know if it is possible to get milk at all times of the day? My 2 year old is traveling with us. Do you know if they have whole milk? She is not a very good eater so whole milk helps her get her calories.

There is definitely milk in the windjammer in the morning and I've heard of others having milk with dinner. The other option is room service. I am pretty sure you can get any type of milk including whole milk.

Maybe grab a few containers in the am and put them in the fridge for later on.

I think you can get it from the WJ whenever. Seems like something that should be fairly ubiquitous. Don't know if the bars would have it.

Hi everyone. We are going on the Independence for March Break with our 3 girls ages 10-14. None of them really drink pop (sorry to my American friends...soda), so I was wondering what they will be able to drink all day.

Thanks,

Liz

If I'm not mistaken, they have Lemonade, Iced tea, hot chocolate and water. My DD 10 yr old does not drink soda either but loves crystal light. I brought the individual packs with us. She had milk for lunch and dinner.

They have different juices in the Windjammer for breakfast as well.

Have a great cruise!

Toni

The individual packets of crystal lite are great! They also have koolaid ones. Just put the packet into a 16.9 oz. bottle of water. Also, you can bring a 16 to 20 oz container, and fill it with water & ice from the windjammer, then add the drink mix. Presto, nice cold refreshing drink for the kids!

I'm bringing 10 oz plastic apple juice containers. My girls (5,2) only drink apple juice (they have a variety juice package on board) and I add mostly water to that anyway. Yes, it will be heavy and yes, I will pack them in ziploc bags in the checked luggage. Just something to make MY life easier- keeping them happy will make me happy! I hope the Freedom of the Seas room I am in has the mini fridge so I can stash milk for their lunches.

A

There is definitely milk in the windjammer in the morning and I've heard of others having milk with dinner. The other option is room service. I am pretty sure you can get any type of milk including whole milk.

Maybe grab a few containers in the am and put them in the fridge for later on.

If milk isn't out in the Windjammer (it usually is), all you have to do is ask an attendant, and they can get some for you.

My kids (11, 10, 9, 5) drink a lot of lemonade, iced tea, ice water... when they have fruit punch, they'll go for that. Next time, we will bring insulated water bottles for them to fill up in the WJ and carry with them. We'll probably do the same for ourselves.

On Serenade there is only water available when the Windjammer is closed. On previous Radiance class ships there was a drink station with tea and lemonade set up on the outdoor area aft of Windjammer that was open 24 hours. Serenade had that section closed. It was disappointing to find out that you couldn't get iced tea or lemonade after 9 PM. There is a coffee station that has hot water and tea bags. If you get a couple glasses of ice from a bar, you can make hot tea and pour it over ice but no lemonade. :(

My 14 YO only drinks Milk (prefers skim) and water - her choice - I love soda! She may drink a little OJ in the morning but that is it. Milk is available in the Windjammer and in the Dinning Room when it is open (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner). It may not be on the menu - just ask. Based on my experiences, they seem to often have Whole, 2% and often skim. Chocolate is also an option at times.

On RCCL (Freedomx2, Grandeur, Sovereign) - we were always able to get a glass of plain ice water from any bar (the bar tender may give you a look but who cares).

On Freedom we were able to get Milk from Sorrento's Pizza, the cafe Promenade, and the coffee shop by asking (It was not out). She also got Milk at the coffee Shop on the Grandeur. I I have never paid for Milk on any of the ships - I always ask nicely when we do not see it.

We have also gotten Milk from Room Service (paid the tip).

I have also been successful in getting milk from time to time when I have ordered an Adult Drink at the pool or Theater (but that is very hit/miss).

Archived