123 Friendly Transportation

kdinkus1

Has anyone used this 'shuttle' service to go from the Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral before and after a cruise? The rates are fantastic (almost to good to be true and that's what's scary!).

Also... has anyone done the 'Walk-On' to the RC shuttle the day of the cruise at the airport? We were informed that since our DS and DDI were coming in the night before, they couldn't receive the transfers to the port but could opt to do the 'Walk-On'. Just curious if people had any trouble getting on the shuttles. Thanks!

Almost forgot: are there any hotels (in Orlando) that offer shuttle services to the port if you book with them the night before a cruise?

Thanks again!

• 5 months later...

IM Taking a chance on Friendly Transportation, after much research they seem to be the most affordable for round trip transport to Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport. $36 a person. They are listed with the Orlando International Airport and on the Port Canaveral recommended sites.

I registered on line, the next day I got email with quote for 4 people and number I called. I called the company spoke to some guy who quoted same rate as in email, gave me reservation number and instructions where to go (Ground Transportation) in the airport to meet driver. They also took my cell phone number and said driver will call when he is on the way and gave me a time to expect. So I will let you know how this trip goes...like poster said this is a good deal which makes also kinda scary compared to other rates. Im wondering if anyone else has used this company for transport???

Also... has anyone done the 'Walk-On' to the RC shuttle the day of the cruise at the airport? We were informed that since our DS and DDI were coming in the night before, they couldn't receive the transfers to the port but could opt to do the 'Walk-On'. Just curious if people had any trouble getting on the shuttles. Thanks!

Thanks again!

We did the walk-on thing with RCCL once, but I cannot remember where. I think it was in Honolulu. Find the rep down in the luggage area and see if they have room on the next bus(es).

I have never heard of this shuttle, but that doesn't mean anything. As far as a shuttle from an Orlando hotel to the port, it is unlikely as it is about 50 miles. There are hotels near the port though that have free shuttles to the port if you are booked for the previous night.

We live outside of Orlando and use Travelynx and they pick us up at our house take us to the port and return to the house. They are very reasonable and give good service. I believe it is less expensive from the airport to the port than from our house.

I am including a thread that has tons of info about the port and transportation. I do want to mention that I haven't looked at the thread lately, but there have been several complaints on other threads about Cocoa Beach Shuttle, so I, personally, wouldn't use them. I know my sister and her family had problems with them and others seem to say the same things.

Please look at the thread I am posting and you will get lots of info. Enjoy!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

I don't know what happened to CBS (maybe management change) we used them last Sept and didn't have a problem, but with all the stuff I have been reading here I am afraid to use them. We did check on Travelynx and from MCO to Comfort Inn and Suites in Cocoa Beach it was $25 pp. I don't want to use hotel transportation so we pay for shuttle to pier. only $5 pp and no waiting. Happy cruising.

• 1 year later...

I would not recommend using 123Friendly. They farmed out our service to one of their sister companies without informing us. A hotel shuttle showed up to take us to a local hotel where we would wait over an hour for another shuttle to take us to another hotel where we would pick up more passengers before leaving to go to the port. This means that we landed at 10 am and did not arrive at the port until 2:00 pm.

• 2 years later...

I feel the need to voice my concern and displeasure with this transportation company. They not only left us waiting on arrival while they sorted out other runs they had but lied regarding the booking and said we never requested car seats for 2 children under the age of 3 yrs of age. They had the cvar seats for us on the way down and told me we did not have them which was not true. At the end of the cruise, the driver arrived, late and did not have the car seats. They actually drove away and the owner said to me on the phone that he knew I was trouble when I booked........the conversation on booking was him telling me the times(which seemed to be in line with the other runs he was doing that morning) me requesting the car seats and giving him my credit card information for which he refuses to refund us after not bringing us back to the airport.

After they left our large group stranded, we spoke to other shuttle services who told us they have a bad reputation, change their name often and have been in trouble with the Orlando Port Authority.