RCI - Kettles and power

We have had "kettles" on the last four or five cruises, but all have been in full suites. At first there was also a french press to make coffee, then those went away and we had real coffee makers, but still had the device to heat water.

Super quick, thanks a lot.

And for non-Brits, the reason we asked is that we NEED boiling water on to tea bags to make tea. None of your tepid water to which you add a tea bag.

actually, the hot water outta the urns they have in the WJ and cafe Promenade is pretty hot.......

Like was mentioned, suites have the electric kettles.........after I had one in a suite,I went home and bought one................LOVE IT..

Junior suites and above are supposed to have the kettles for hot water and a coffee maker on all ships. If you don't have one ask your room steward to find you one. It is advertised as a "perk" of the JS and above category rooms.

Have a great cruise!

Junior suites and above are supposed to have the kettles for hot water and a coffee maker on all ships. If you don't have one ask your room steward to find you one. It is advertised as a "perk" of the JS and above category rooms.

Have a great cruise!

Junior Suites dont get the suite perks.......

from rccl's site(I can't believe they spelled excluding wrong:eek: )

"And guests booked in a Suite (exluding Junior Suites) enjoy even more amenities and personalized service for an exceptional vacation experience"

The JS does not have all of the full suite perks but it does now have the coffee/tea service. Check out post number 4 of this thread on the same subject:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1155895

Perks of JS listed directly from the RCCL web site.

I've been in a JS with the service and it is very nice to have.

And for non-Brits, the reason we asked is that we NEED boiling water on to tea bags to make tea. None of your tepid water to which you add a tea bag.

I thought that was your reason for asking, paired with your question about power outlets, I´m assuming you might think about bringing your own kettle. If that´s what you plan I just want to let you know that it´s against the rules to bring your own.

Junior Suites dont get the suite perks.......

from rccl's site(I can't believe they spelled excluding wrong:eek: )

"And guests booked in a Suite (exluding Junior Suites) enjoy even more amenities and personalized service for an exceptional vacation experience"

They desperately need a spellchecker.

JS don't get most of the full suite perks, but the hot water kettle and coffeemaker are mentioned as JS perks, too. Along with that special silver Seapass.:rolleyes: Radiance still doesn't have the coffeemakers in the JS cabins, either, at she didn't as of November. But Rhapsody did.

Different ships,different ways of doing things...........so what else is new?:p

True, but most of the things we've found to be different from ship to ship aren't advertised on the website as available on all ships. When I cruised Mariner last April the coffeemakers had not yet arrived and my cabin steward insisted that they weren't a JS item. By September they were onboard. I do wonder why they just can't make sure that each ship has them...

we had a kettle on brilliance of the seas last summer and, hopefully, again this summer - the teabags in the windjammer are fine, but I also took some of my own PG Tips :)

We had the coffee maker in our JS on Enchantment..honestly don't remember if we had a kettle or not...only used the coffee maker one time..it was to messy..room service is better..:D

We had the coffee maker in our JS on Enchantment..honestly don't remember if we had a kettle or not...only used the coffee maker one time..it was to messy..room service is better..:D

It is messy, especially if you don't close the top firmly.:eek: For our upcoming cruise on Radiance I plan to bring some packets of instant coffee and just heat water in the kettle. I'm a little tired of mopping up after I brew a pot.

Archived