Should Carnival get rid of the waiter dance in the MDR?

a3593

Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?  

1,717 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival get rid of the MDR waiter dance & shuffle?

• Yes
    • No

Carnival lauds the line as being "The Fun Ships". According to the poll which started this thread, most people want the singing and dancing by the waitstaff to continue. Why? Because it's fun!

Unfortunately, many people get jaded and nitpickingly stuffy as they age or are born congenitally incapable of having fun. Fortunately, there are other, more sedate, cruise lines available for them.:)

It seems like negative members of a minority viewpoint tend to post and complain far more frequently than do happy, positive cruisers. It's as if the negativists feel that they can bulldoze everyone else into sharing their Debbie Downer proclivities. :D

carnival lauds the line as being "the fun ships". According to the poll which started this thread' date=' most people want the singing and dancing by the waitstaff to continue. Why? Because it's fun!

Unfortunately, many people get jaded and nitpickingly stuffy as they age or are born congenitally incapable of having fun. Fortunately, there are other, more sedate, cruise lines available for them.:)

it seems like negative members of a minority viewpoint tend to post and complain far more frequently than do happy, positive cruisers. It's as if the negativists feel that they can bulldoze everyone else into sharing their debbie downer proclivities. :d[/quote']

:d:d:d

I'd put this in the comic releif and well written department.

It is not about how many cruises one has under their belt in making these observations..IMHO.

Actually, I think it might have a lot to do with experience of past cruises or the amount of times you have seen them do it. It was good entertainment for my first cruise, by my third I didn't find it all that entertaining, which is why we skip it now.

Actually, I think it might have a lot to do with experience of past cruises or the amount of times you have seen them do it. It was good entertainment for my first cruise, by my third I didn't find it all that entertaining, which is why we skip it now.

Yes..and how much one's radar is on everything going on in the room...I loved post 442 and that dancin with the waiters..very fun...

IMHO...the 40 percent no more..speaks to my maybe not 3/4 of the cruise stance..which isn't even a vote choice...it's all a yeah or neah;).

Thanks for your comment.

I vote no. We have been on at least 10 cruises and 5 or 6 of those on Carnival. My girlfriend has gotten up for the Conga line dance every time and has a blast. Our waiters have always seemed to enjoy doing it and some have their own hats or other props that I am sure the cruise line didn't give them or require them to use. Just good fun for us.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted no I have only been on one cruise so maybe I am not bored with it like some people. I have a back to back cruise in April and it will be my sons first and he is looking forward to it. I think the people who don't like maybe should look for another cruise line since obviously the fun ship isn't for them! I also looks like majority of people really enjoy it.:o

It's not our thing AT ALL...But, for those who enjoy it, ( and if the waiters don't mind), I don't see a problem.

We'd rather get in and out of the dining room ASAP, and would personally prefer something a little more subdued in regards to entertainment, which is way we usually eat at least 50% of our evening meals on the Lido.

All that said this is the first time we'll experience the opening dining concept, so could anyone recommend a good time to show up at the dining room, and hopefully miss all of the hoopla??!! :D

John Heald addresses this issue on his blog today.

Rest assured the dancing is to stay, and is not going anywhere.

Well he is a does have a handle on all things Carnival... Wondering if we could request on his blog with our table requests, no dancing.

Always in the middle Sue here..dance 2-3 nights with the waiters. Go to Chef's Table 1 night, Steakhouse one night,..and one or 2 nights a Blt on the now avbx gluten free bread (hate this deal)....and a couple drinks on the Balcony...my next Carnival Cruise has a Balcony or forget about it..smiles..sjn.

Dancings got to go. When was the last time your waiter at Ruths Chris did a jig around your table and sang to you?

Wow! I had no idea that Carnival main dining rooms and Ruth's Chris were supposed to have the same standards. Does that mean that if I show Ruth's Chris my Carnival booking they will let me eat there free? :rolleyes:

Archived