Should we upgrade?

nerysj

We have a BE (208) on Emerald deck on Grand Princess and adjoining HH (210) for our teenagers (least obstructed of all obstructed, as far as I can tell). I know they overlook the promenade deck - which I don't have a problem with, I would be happy with an OV, but my husband insisted on a balcony!! The configuration of the BE and HH was the perfect configuration - the HH was the same price as an inside when we booked. The BE was probably the same price as a better located balcony. It worked for us price wise.

Is there any other reason (apart from overlooking the promenade....and aren't some balconies overlooked by higher balconies anyway?) why I should really consider switching the configuration of the cabins?

Anyone stayed in one of these? Have seen some post of people who said they would never...and then when they had said they loved them??

I am slightly confused!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

It sounds like a great configuration for your family. Any upgrade to a better balcony would put the children in an inside cabin to keep them close to yours. I'm sure they'll enjoy having natural light. My DH prefers the obstructed view cabins for that reason.

If you feel this is true, why would you change anything?

A good configuration in that we could get the lowest priced obstructed OV with an adjoining balcony (not the best balcony location)

I was looking for comments from people who have perhaps stayed in the BE category? If it were only DH and myself travelling, no, I wouldn't chose a BE, but given that we need an adjoining cabin, we were limited in choice.

I guess I am looking for confirmation that I made the right/good choice for us as a family - comprimising on the location of the balcony for an adjoining OV.

Quite some time ago, I saved this site which has pictures and descriptions of some of the staterooms with a first hand report. It might be of interest to you. Although it is for the Star Princess, the location of stateooms should be the same on the Grand.

http://members.fortunecity.com/parnami/StarPrincess/id19.htm

I think they are great unique balconies. :)

Oohh!! Great news.........I'm just waiting for the negatives now from others??

Of all I've read - it has been negative from people who have not stayed in them - all who have seem to think they are ok?

Archived